AFL Round 2 - Other Game Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Going against the grain here, but I think Carlton are theoretically s**t.
They're also practically s**t.

A couple of good young kids, an elite mid who hasn't been elite for a year, some GWS seconds, a couple of hard-luck stories and one MacDonald.
Not sure what I'm missing, but that's rubbish.

Going against the grain here, but I think Carlton are theoretically sh*t.
They're also practically sh*t.

A couple of good young kids, an elite mid who hasn't been elite for a year, some GWS seconds, a couple of hard-luck stories and one MacDonald.
Not sure what I'm missing, but that's rubbish.
I think you’re missing the annual off-season overrating of certain lists by supporters and media which somehow takes on an air of reality

Hard to say what is the cause of more Brisbane related carnage ... the Lions inaccurate goal kicking, or this latest COVID case.

Just when I was about to spin it as a positive as we no longer have to listen to Carey in commentary, it then leads to Abby Holmes on Special Comments and Tom bloody Browne boundary riding.

Lions are a little overrated IMO, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see them finish out of the eight. Their injury run has bordered on miraculous the last two years.
They have a good list but I have doubts about their maturity. They have been let off the hook for two really bad finals series.

Lions are a little overrated IMO, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see them finish out of the eight. Their injury run has bordered on miraculous the last two years.
They seem well down with their pressure at the moment. They were silly to cut the SME too. McInerney isn't near his level of ruckwork and ability around the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So one win from four home finals
1-3 in finals last two years without leaving their home ground. Have had an incredible injury run too.
Not saying their record isn't ordinary, more that if you beat the eventual premiers, your finals series isn't "really bad" like it was the year before, regardless of the fact that they whiffed their golden opportunity to win a flag at home that will never come again

Not saying their record isn't ordinary, more that if you beat the eventual premiers, your finals series isn't "really bad" like it was the year before, regardless of the fact that they whiffed their golden opportunity to win a flag at home that will never come again
Eh I don't really get this. Richmond are a great side but they weren't THAT good last year. Like compared to all the other teams at the top it was incredibly even. They were incredibly lucky not to lose to Port. It just all came together for them in the GF.

Good comeback by Brisbane. That non-HTB was ******* appalling though. For all the tinkering with the rules the league would make fans a lot happier if s**t like that got called on a regular basis. If that was in the centre square that's called, but 5m from Brisbane's goal and it's play-on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back