Preview AFL Round 20 - West Coast v Geelong, Patersons Stadium, 6:40PM local (8:40PM EST) Friday 10 August

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFL Premiership Round 20
West Coast V Geelong
West-Coast-logo-2000.gif
--------- V ---------
Geelong-logo-2008.gif
________________________________________________________​
Friday 10 August​
Subiaco Oval 6:40 PM (Local Time) 8:40 PM (EST Time)​

My best mate and i are going over to WA next week, desparately trying to get tickets to Cats v Eagles game at Pattersons Stadium. Happy to pay face value. Can anyone please help.

thanks

My best mate and i are going over to WA next week, desparately trying to get tickets to Cats v Eagles game at Pattersons Stadium. Happy to pay face value. Can anyone please help.

thanks
Mate, I live in Perth, and I'm struggling to get any tickets. Did you have any luck?

I have the belief that the cats won't take next week too hard and rest a few players...

With Corey and West already out we'll look to rest a few all fired up and ready to pounce and win our last 3 in Victoria.

We are looking dangerous for September and I'm pumped!

People keep telling me it is impossible for us to make the top 4 but we are only one game off 2nd spot. Maths was never my strong suit, but we must be a chance now?

Surely we go for the win and try and close the gap.

We will win our last 3. So next week is huge.

People keep telling me it is impossible for us to make the top 4 but we are only one game off 2nd spot. Maths was never my strong suit, but we must be a chance now?

Surely we go for the win and try and close the gap.

We will win our last 3. So next week is huge.
a chance, yes. i did the ladder predictor before and had us finishing 5th on percentage even if we win the rest of our games. but, upsets happen along the way and there's a lot of 50-50 games between the top 6 sides to go. all we can do it keep winning

I have the belief that the cats won't take next week too hard and rest a few players...

With Corey and West already out we'll look to rest a few all fired up and ready to pounce and win our last 3 in Victoria.

We are looking dangerous for September and I'm pumped!

I think we'll throw everything at it, we would be silly to flirt with form. Every game is crucial to our chances of getting a home final, we can't afford to drop any.

Guthrie will come in for Josh but should be pretty much unchanged otherwise, and really give it everything we have.

And Joel loves to beat his brothers.

Should be another cracking game, very hard to win in Perth. One thing that just sticks out for this game is the ruck situation. Nic Nat and Cox are just a really dangerous duo to contend with. Stephenson was really good early for us, but both him and Walker got beat in the second half. We should be able to cover them when they push forward, it's just around the stoppages we can leak the ball too easily if we don't get advantage.

A month ago I wouldnt have given us much chance of winning this game. But now, everything has changed. It will still be hard, very hard, but if we can, will be massive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

play like we have the last 3 weeks and we will be too strong.
Injuries are hurting them now and we got immense confidence.

I suspect the Preliminary Final will play some part as they will be eager to rectify that pathetic showing last year but sometimes you just can't beat quality and we are starting to play footy that was pretty much impossible to stop last season.
Hoping Westy comes up but if not, Orren and Walker look like a decent combination to at least give a contest against the the two best rucks in the league.
Be great to have Corey's clearance ability for this one as Christensen has found the form that will see him go on to become something special :thumbsu:

have to admit I feel more confident about this game now after tonight's win. The Eagles look like they have come back to the field a little with their injury problems and the general slog of the season catching up with them. So if the Cats can bring the same intensity they had Friday night they will give them a real contest that is for sure.

Eagles haven't looked that lively for awhile now, we are every chance to knock em off, especially after a derby!@

Not sure what is wrong with Westy, but him and Orren could be the trick against Nic Nat and Cox....although i still hold hope for Simpson making a contribution.

I am just hoping we have Wojack and Murdoch available as they will inject much needed pace and I believe Josh Hunt will be unlikely to get up. Not sure who it was in the third quarter - maybe Smedts or Mackie, but there was an incident that i thought might get looked at by MRP, so unsure exactly who will be available.

Bottom line; if we bring that game, that pressure and that tackling to any game, we will win.

Nah I don't think any Cats players have anything to worry about with regards to the MRP. Those dirty Hawks on the other hand...

So for this game you would think we are 3 players down from full strength.

West, Corey and JHunt. All will come good - and be out say for another 2-4 weeks. All will be back for the first final for sure. So that is good.

So Guthrie comes in for JHunt.

We are still building towards the finals - so with these 3 players included we could get better.

Really reckon many games are won in the middle and having a decent defence.

To get the edge in the middle SJ needs to play as a mid - then we have enough talent in the middle to take on the oppostion. Backline is usally solid and we have a better forward line this year - with Hawkins, Motlop and Smedts all making real progress.

West/Stephenson/Simpson - one of probably - have to nullify the oppostion ruckmen, SJ and Hawkins have days out and the backline holds together. That will win us finals matches this year.

If Freo win today and we beat the Eagles next week, we leapfrog them into 5th. Also if Saints can get over the Pies that will do us a world of good if we are any chance of getting into the top 4.
Funny cause a couple of days ago I would have been hoping teams like the Saints and Dockers lose...

Guthrie seems the best choice and from what Scott said about him...he's suppose to have a thumping kick and also tried out for the NFL punting, haven't seen anything in his kicking to suggest he has a booming right foot but I guess we going to see this in the weeks ahead

Yup feel better now we beat Hawks and after that first quater effort.. Think we would beat any team if we played like that against them.Would be a dream to do that for 4 quarters. Hope Freo give them a tough contested encounter so Eagles are a bit flat and sore next week. The ruck is the main worry. But the forward line with injuries won't be as bad for us as the past.

The other thing is we will probably have another bad run with the umps given WCE Perth rep so be prepared for more frustration.

We should win though West Coast haven't been that impressive recently. As long as we keep playing the way we play...

We just have to hope that Freo and West Coast belt the living suitcase out of each other today. We'll probably get torched in the ruck, but we would just be so high on confidence that we should win most other positions.

Had this locked in as a loss a month ago, and now we're in it up to our eyeballs. This team really does keep on giving.

So for this game you would think we are 3 players down from full strength.

West, Corey and JHunt. All will come good - and be out say for another 2-4 weeks. All will be back for the first final for sure. So that is good.

So Guthrie comes in for JHunt.

We are still building towards the finals - so with these 3 players included we could get better.

Really reckon many games are won in the middle and having a decent defence.

To get the edge in the middle SJ needs to play as a mid - then we have enough talent in the middle to take on the oppostion. Backline is usally solid and we have a better forward line this year - with Hawkins, Motlop and Smedts all making real progress.

West/Stephenson/Simpson - one of probably - have to nullify the oppostion ruckmen, SJ and Hawkins have days out and the backline holds together. That will win us finals matches this year.

Am still backing in Wojack - especially in Perth. Fact is, if he is fit, we have to give him a game to make sure he is potentially right for finals. We have missed that dash off the half back flank.

Guthrie is an interesting case. Has not done a thing wrong, but I would be leaning towards him being out of our best 22 as it stands right now.

Anyone got an actual report on West? With Stephensen playing such a good game will no doubt see him again next week - but do we back in our best structure (1 ruck) or play to the oppositions strength and bring in Simpson (or West if fit) to counter Natinui and Cox????

Am confident heading to Perth as we play well there, am confident we can win this and potentially make a late play for top four!

bring in Simpson (or West if fit) to counter Natinui and Cox????

surely they play two rucks?

In RD1 we had to face a fit and firing Freo ruck pairing and our rucks were beaten but were honorable.
I cannot imagine Orren rucking by himself against the best in the league.
Let's be honest...one of Hawthorn's weaknesses is their ruck and we got them last night in that area but Orren started to really tire near the end but against Cox who's as fit as any midfielder and then you got a jumping bean in Naitanui, going to be tough decision to make as I doubt they would risk playing the two slower rucks in both Orren & Simpson

surely they play two rucks?

In RD1 we had to face a fit and firing Freo ruck pairing and our rucks were beaten but were honorable.
I cannot imagine Orren rucking by himself against the best in the league.
Let's be honest...one of Hawthorn's weaknesses is their ruck and we got them last night in that area but Orren started to really tire near the end but against Cox who's as fit as any midfielder and then you got a jumping bean in Naitanui, going to be tough decision to make as I doubt they would risk playing the two slower rucks in both Orren & Simpson
You would think so - but perhaps the key is to play to our strength and right now that is based on a one ruck model.

Sure we would concede ruck advantage, but maybe the extra mid will be more beneficial. Not sure what the answer is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back