Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Sydney

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The result had nothing to do with umpires. It didn't have that much to do with Buddy running free either, although he's a superb finisher.
Your guys ran out the game harder and your mids got on top in a tough battle in the second half.
Better repost your commonsense response in Spanish so the Mexicans can read it.

Give us and the roos our own stadium like the SCG and we wouldnt need a supplement from the AFL. Etihad stadium deal was friggen highway robbery.

Yeah when you played at whitten oval you were a powerhouse club

I don’t care if the afl fund clubs and equalise either

Just a joke for a north flog to act like they don’t live on more handouts than most

Didn’t need to mention the dogs sorry

Yeah when you played at whitten oval you were a powerhouse club

I don’t care if the afl fund clubs and equalise either

Just a joke for a north flog to act like they don’t live on more handouts than most

Didn’t need to mention the dogs sorry
Yeah i get what youre saying, North supporters can fight their own battles.

Btw cant really compare our crowds now to the crowds we were pulling in the mid 90s. Our member base is about 4 times the size. If whitten oval held 35-40k capacity it would be bloody fantastic to bring home games back to that ground.

Geez, I'd be pisst off if that happened to me.

I hold no grudge, you see The Giants were forged into shape by the hammer of courage on the anvil of despair,

They only live for one purpose

They understand the riddle of steel

And they would not cry after a loss, so I cry for them

I hold no grudge, you see The Giants were forged into shape by the hammer of courage on the anvil of despair,

They only live for one purpose

They understand the riddle of steel

And they would not cry after a loss, so I cry for them

Fire and wind come from the sky, from the gods of the sky. But Kevin Sheedy is your god, Sheedy and he lives in the earth. Once, monsters lived in the Earth, GWS. And in the darkness of chaos, they fooled Sheedy, and they took from him the enigma of rubber. Sheedy was angered. And the Earth shook. Fire and wind struck down these monsters, and they threw their bodies into the waters, but in their rage, the gods forgot the secret of rubber and left it on the football field. We who found it are just men. Not gods. Not monsters. Just men. The secret of rubber has always carried with it a mystery. You must learn its riddle, GWS. You must learn its discipline. For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not beasts..." [Points to Sherrin] "This you can trust.”

Ah yes, the riddle of rubber. Rubber by itself is nothing, but if you put 44 people on a battlefield and throw them some inflated rubber within a leather carcass, in a salary-capped ultra competitive sport, and then you get Gods. No inch given. No mercy taken.

Fire and wind come from the sky, from the gods of the sky. But Kevin Sheedy is your god, Sheedy and he lives in the earth. Once, monsters lived in the Earth, GWS. And in the darkness of chaos, they fooled Sheedy, and they took from him the enigma of rubber. Sheedy was angered. And the Earth shook. Fire and wind struck down these monsters, and they threw their bodies into the waters, but in their rage, the gods forgot the secret of rubber and left it on the football field. We who found it are just men. Not gods. Not monsters. Just men. The secret of rubber has always carried with it a mystery. You must learn its riddle, GWS. You must learn its discipline. For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not beasts..." [Points to Sherrin] "This you can trust.”

Ah yes, the riddle of rubber. Rubber by itself is nothing, but if you put 44 people on a battlefield and throw them some inflated rubber within a leather carcass, in a salary-capped ultra competitive sport, and then you get Gods. No inch given. No mercy taken.

This is why you’re more likely to read

“When I grow up I want to be Josh Kelly”

As opposed to

“When I grow up I want to be Peter Dutton”

I was at this game next to a fervent Giants supporter. End of the game we shook hands and said it'd been fun discussing the progress with the opposition. Then, as I was walking out, a Giants fans congratulated me/us on the win. It reminded me of an away game in Brisbane 15 years ago when friendly Lions fans were keen to discuss the Swans progress after a surprise win against the greats.

Not surprisingly, that's never happened to me in Melbourne. Norf supporters just spend two hours calling "ball!" then huff off after a loss. Hawks supporters spit. And a Pies supporter tried to get into a fight when I was simply getting into my car. Sportsmanship just seems like something for other states. It'd be great to go back to the days of non-Victorian finals (geez, I remember a joint photo of Eagles and Swans fans before the 2005 GF when that was the cry to make us smile for the camera).

GWS - I hope you get your injured players back and go deep in finals (though not through us). It was good to see the club has real identity and passion now - and some very keen supporters.

Back