Votes: 25 35.2%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 41 57.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 7.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Realistically I think our best shot at a flag will be 2020. If we manage to finish top 4 and win maybe one final I will be happy.
Far and away exceeds the expectation for the Pies at the start of the season.

Yeah this Collingwood side has a solid backbone. Have performed well this year even with injuries. Bucks has seemed to have finally settled too. Seem like a team on the rise. Eagles too should be contenders next year if we get players back and continue our form. I think we can't really wait for NN though, unfortunately. I think both sides have developed some promising youth.

Go beat a top 4 side first mate. Your team has done absolutely nothing yet. Had their pants pulled down by the eagles at home.

First win against a top 4 side and you get cocky..you had more to play for today..good win but you nearly choked again.

Pants pulled down by the Eagles? -True 35 point loss- when we were missing players through injury, in the week they got LeCras Darling and Kennedy back. They're a good side, played better that day than they did today. Had NicNat, Kennedy, Darling (for the whole game) and Gaff playing too..

As for doing nothing this year? Yep from a side that was supposed to finish bottom four this year...and you're right - we haven't beaten a top side this year...that's why we flogged you by 7 goals when you were in seasons best form and kicked 20 goals on you with Wells down in the first quarter, because you're not a top side...(even though you were 3rd on the ladder at that time - so yeah you're right, we haven't beaten a top 4 side:p)

And what did I say wrong in my initial post...Richmond flogged you, we beat you easily - pressure game is to much for you.
Your coach stated on Queens Birthday "They tackled incredibly well and I thought we fumbled the ball due to their pressure. It's something they were very good at, but we need to be able to absorb."

Anyway "Alpine Lodger" - looks like a great ski season this year. Your skiing will only be delayed by a week...

Last edited:
Weird how in a thread full of every teams supporters, pretty much all of them agree that West Coast weren't getting the sharp end of the umpiring stick, apart from the Eagles fans. Do they think that every supporter base from every other team prefers Melbourne, or maybe, they just weren't getting shafted as they'd like to think.

Melbourne were missing their
Captain Viney
CHF Hogan
CHB Lever

We missing darling Kennedy Natanui gaff shuey for large chunks of the year and are looking to finish top two.

Melbourne struggling to make the right with those players in for most of the year.

Get a grip

Weird how in a thread full of every teams supporters, pretty much all of them agree that West Coast weren't getting the sharp end of the umpiring stick, apart from the Eagles fans. Do they think that every supporter base from every other team prefers Melbourne, or maybe, they just weren't getting shafted as they'd like to think.

See if you can find a game day thread for any WC game ever where we weren't supposedly being looked after by the umps.

See if you can find a game day thread for any WC game ever where we weren't supposedly being looked after by the umps.
More from a comment on every Eagles fan saying Melbourne were being looked after and every other teams supporters saying "no they're not".

Maybe there's a reason for that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More from a comment on every Eagles fan saying Melbourne were being looked after and every other teams supporters saying "no they're not".

Maybe there's a reason for that?

Except there were Adelaide and Geelong fans who agreed with bias.

Game day threads are a haven for sheep and eedjits. Much more enjoyable to watch the game live without posting in one.
Good thing I didn't post in it the whole game. I usually go back an re-read. I try to watch the game for its merits and then see what others think after.

Collingwood and Richmond exploited us by letting is bunch up in the middle and then flicking the ball wide and running away. We would all get sucked in and they would hold their width, we seemed to hold some our selves today and backed our inside mids against yours.

Melksham plays as our defensive forward, did a really good job on Rance this year aswell but yeah Gov shouldn't have gone forward.

Your small forwards are awesome, we don't have anyone like them.
Melbourne supporters are too nice on these forums. 'Yes I agree sir, we are not very good.' to an opposition supporter. Whats with that?

That damn VFL
Yeah mate keep saying that enough and maybe no one will have the guts to point out your home ground is the ground of the Grand Final for the next million years. Yep it’s a true blue fair and square AFL.
Ps How many times did you travel this year? Did you win any? Go back to your little honey hole with all your fellow victorians. :thumbsdown:

First of all, congratulations to Melbourne for making the finals.

Now, back to this, the rules don't explain this explicitly, it's an interpretation.

The AFL website had this confirmation when the interpretation came in 2015. Note that the term "leads his head" is ducking.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-06-01/duck-season-is-over

"Under the changes, a player who drives or leads his head into a stationary or near-stationary player will be classified as having had prior opportunity.
If the player is then tackled he will have to dispose of the ball properly to avoid being penalised for holding the ball under the prior opportunity rule."

thanks for confirming my post.

Back