Votes: 25 35.2%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 41 57.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 7.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

First win against a top 4 side and you get cocky..you had more to play for today..good win but you nearly choked again.

Pants pulled down by the Eagles? -True 35 point loss- when we were missing players through injury, in the week they got LeCras Darling and Kennedy back. They're a good side, played better that day than they did today. Had NicNat, Kennedy, Darling (for the whole game) and Gaff playing too..

As for doing nothing this year? Yep from a side that was supposed to finish bottom four this year...and you're right - we haven't beaten a top side this year...that's why we flogged you by 7 goals when you were in seasons best form and kicked 20 goals on you with Wells down in the first quarter, because you're not a top side...(even though you were 3rd on the ladder at that time - so yeah you're right, we haven't beaten a top 4 side:p)

And what did I say wrong in my initial post...Richmond flogged you, we beat you easily - pressure game is to much for you.
Your coach stated on Queens Birthday "They tackled incredibly well and I thought we fumbled the ball due to their pressure. It's something they were very good at, but we need to be able to absorb."

Anyway "Alpine Lodger" - looks like a great ski season this year. Your skiing will only be delayed by a week...
Ha ha. I certainly was taking the mick with my user name. I agree with your comments regarding the Dees fumbling under the pressure game. I am not getting cocky about the Dees at all come September I just hope you are not getting too cocky about the pies too, because like the dees you guys are largely unproven. Hawks beat you easily earlier in the year, as did Eagles. You didnt have an extra gear to stay with Swans. A bit unlucky against Tiges. Anyway You Do play the MCG better then us. I will give you that one.

lol. You trailed ALL day. Umpires played no part in the game champ

7 less scoring shots
Smashed in contested ball
Lost the inside 50 count
19 marks inside 50 to 7
You did WIN the free kick count

Blaming the umps is a cop out

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I think theres a few umpiring decisions could have gone our way that didnt - id bet melb supporters could do the same.

I booed - hey thats my job - but those stats dont lie if melb had kicked straighter wed have been dead by 1/2 time.

Ha ha. I certainly was taking the mick with my user name. I agree with your comments regarding the Dees fumbling under the pressure game. I am not getting cocky about the Dees at all come September I just hope you are not getting too cocky about the pies too, because like the dees you guys are largely unproven. Hawks beat you easily earlier in the year, as did Eagles. You didnt have an extra gear to stay with Swans. A bit unlucky against Tiges. Anyway You Do play the MCG better then us. I will give you that one.
Haha - same as my moniker..
Cocky? Definitely not matey - if we finish top 4 and win one final I will be happy.
Don't think we can pull it off this year - 2020 is my prediction for our best run at a flag.
Still, got to be in it to win it.
(Swans game hurt us - but I think we would have won if we had one first string key defender playing on Buddy instead of a rookie first gamer. Only lost by 3 points..)
In any case, nice to be playing finals again - I'm sure you agree.;)

Best of luck to the Dees BTW:):thumbsu:

Last edited:
It's got nothing to do with the quantity mate.
It's got everything to do with the effect of the frees not paid when clearly they should have been.
Melbourne conservatively got 4 goals out of non decisions.
The Eagles would have had another 2-3 including the bullshit non htb that Shuey got pinged high tackle when clearly the defender jumped into shueys leg.
Also the duck not called for htb. You take on the tackler it's prior.

But go ahead and keep inventing imaginary rules about balanced frees
Don't see you mentioning any of the Melbourne missed one's while you're pointing out obvious missed free's... Or where there none?

No one is immune to cognitive bias and it's ability to affect decision making in a game where the rules involve many grey areas is undeniable. In an ideal world umpires would be made to declare which teams they support and which teams they hate and then not officiate in games involving them.

Yeah mate keep saying that enough and maybe no one will have the guts to point out your home ground is the ground of the Grand Final for the next million years. Yep it’s a true blue fair and square AFL.
Ps How many times did you travel this year? Did you win any? Go back to your little honey hole with all your fellow victorians. :thumbsdown:
If West Coast could have beaten Sydney, Essendon and Melbourne at home like Richmond did they might have been able to finish above Richmond

But West Coast wern't good enough while Richmond flogged all three sides

If West Coast could have beaten Sydney, Essendon and Melbourne at home like Richmond did they might have been able to finish above Richmond

But West Coast wern't good enough while Richmond flogged all three sides

And if Richmond had 11 games at the mcg and the rest outside of Victoria you wouldn't make the finals.

Richmond wouldn't get close to finals if it wasn't for playing the majority of your games at the mcg

We've won 5 games away. How many have you won? 1 game against Gold coast lol.
Shits laughable
West Coast played more games at Subiaco last year than Richmond played at the MCG yet Richmond still finished higher, Richmond will play only 2 more games at the MCG this year than West Coast play at Optus yet still finish higher, and when was the last time West Coast beat Gold Coast away?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West Coast played more games at Subiaco last year than Richmond played at the MCG yet Richmond still finished higher, Richmond will play only 2 more games at the MCG this year than West Coast play at Optus yet still finish higher, and when was the last time West Coast beat Gold Coast away?

Lol. Richmond play 16 games at the mcg this year. Plus 2 at Etihad.
I'd be happy playing 16 games at Optus.

Try again.

No Richmond have played 13 with 1 more to come, do all West Coast supporters not know how to count?

My bad so you play 14 games at the mcg and 3 at Etihad?
I'd still love 17 home games.
You even played an away game at the mcg.

Stop trying to play down your lack of travel.

My bad so you play 14 games at the mcg and 3 at Etihad?
I'd still love 17 home games.
You even played an away game at the mcg.

Stop trying to play down your lack of travel.
Etihad isn't Richmond's homeground champ, if Fremantle played games at Subiaco while the West Coast were at Optus no doubt Eagle supporters would be claiming that as a great away win

Etihad isn't Richmond's homeground champ, if Fremantle played games at Subiaco while the West Coast were at Optus no doubt Eagle supporters would be claiming that as a great away win

Still no travel champ. Travel interstate 10 times a year and see how many wins you have lol.
Based on the current percentages this year of away wins you would have 2 wins out of 10 and end up about 6th.

Back