Review AFL Round 3 - North Melbourne defeats Geelong by 17 points

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd like to see that.
Is it just me or have the cats gone away from the genuine small forward roll and moved into a small forward/midfield roll?
It just seems we don't have any stay at home smalls right now...

Christensen?
Hogan?

They could have tried Christensen, but then I really would have been confused! I reckon we need him more getting the ball and using it rather than watching another player. With Hogan, agree with what the others have said. I'd like to see him given a go but at the moment he's not even getting a game.

I'd like to see that.
Is it just me or have the cats gone away from the genuine small forward roll and moved into a small forward/midfield roll?
It just seems we don't have any stay at home smalls right now...

Steven Motlop?

Hogan didn't play but he lacks the leg speed to go with a Harvey type anyway. Bundy, no. He's an attacking minded player, I wouldn't want to coach his game out of him to try to make him a tagger.

Gotta remember Harvey is an elite runner, guys like hunt and Guthrie would always struggle against that, the issue I had was the cats weren't stopping the guys getting the ball to Harvey (he had almost no contested possessions remember).

No he doesn't, Hogan is quite quick, not Wojo quick but he's still quite speedy, and he's the best endurance runner at the club (now Ling has retired). We all know his issue is with disposal/decision making, his athletic attributes are very good.

Anyway, he has to get a game first.

Taylor Hunt definitely should have gone to Wells or Harvey from the first bounce, not after the horse has bolted. I tend to think it would have worked given how well he did on Mitchell in the second half last week, but by the time we moved him onto him Wells had a quarter of running free and had his tail up. That was a coaching error.

I thought the main problem was that we constantly put pressure on the initial ball carrier at the contest as we did last week but North flicked the ball around very quickly to release, leaving us at the contest with no ball in sight.
We could adjust our style to beat North at Etihad on April by "corralling" the ball carrier and denying the next option, but that will NOT win us a flag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back