AFL Round 3 - Other Game Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

“A duck doesn’t mean prior opportunity” I don’t get this. If you take the ball and make the decision to duck then you could make the decision to get rid of the ball. It’s no different to attempting to fend off or evade a tackle.
Yeah I was a bit confused about this I thought the rules considered ducking as prior opportunity.

Yeah I was a bit confused about this I thought the rules considered ducking as prior opportunity.
Nah, its when you duck and go looking for the contact, rather than McGovern just now who just ducked the tackle. It's probably not far until it is made a general rule, but it's still a case by case basis at this point. McGovern ducked immediately, and if he didn't, he would have been wrapped up anyway, so it's probably the same net result.

Nah, its when you duck and go looking for the contact, rather than McGovern just now who just ducked the tackle. It's probably not far until it is made a general rule, but it's still a case by case basis at this point. McGovern ducked immediately, and if he didn't, he would have been wrapped up anyway, so it's probably the same net result.

What if he tried to get rid of the ball?

Put the house on GWS tomorrow night. I’m not usually the type of person to think like this but reckon they’ll take our boys down a peg tomorrow.
Really, I thought this was quintessential Tulip

At least quintessential MFC fan.

If we do win its nothing to get too excited about. We haven't played anyone decent yet.
If it was the favourites yes but it’s the underdogs so they would love it.

I've just listened to Richo talk for 45 seconds. Says 3 demonstrably incorrect things, says exactly what he sees on his screen for 10 seconds, then rolls out some platitudes about "West coasts forward line will be loving that"

I mean, ffs, I could write a computer program to commentate better than this

Last edited by a moderator:
Mute and a radio

Radio has too many personalities that s**t me as well. Given, no commentary team is as stacked as channel 7 in the dickhead department.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those who are saying a 3-0 start is meaningless because we haven’t played anyone...
Of the 73* sides to start 3-0 since 1994, 61 have gone on to make the 8.
Doesn’t matter the oppo.
Getting wins means September.

And we are doing it in a reasonable way - getting a firm margin and then shutting it down.

*74 have started 3-0 but one is Essendon 2013.

Radio is for boomers. Audio quality makes my ears bleed, boring as sh*t
I’m not a boomer and my father is pre boomer and I love listening to a game over the radio.

Those who are saying a 3-0 start is meaningless because we haven’t played anyone...
Of the 73* sides to start 3-0 since 1994, 61 have gone on to make the 8.
Doesn’t matter the oppo.
Getting wins means September.

And we are doing it in a reasonable way - getting a firm margin and then shutting it down.

*74 have started 3-0 but one is Essendon 2013.
I'm not saying it's meaningless, I'm just saying not to get too carried away. Hard to rate where we are at after playing some relatively mediocre teams. 3 - 0 would be bloody awesome, no doubt.

I didn't realise Shuey was 30 ... but he's been hit by the soft tissue bus now ... it's unlikely he'll ever be the same. As Ellis is saying now, they'll need to change his role going forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back