AFL Round 5 - All the Other Games

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Apologies for last week, I was away and getting the image done and the post created was a bridge too far, but I'm back.

AFL Rd5-01.png

Which game are you looking forward to the most?
Which player are you most looking forward to watching?
Which team needs to show the most?
Which player needs to show the most?
What will be Monday's headline?

Which game are you looking forward to the most? Tonight, Brisbane v Collingwood ... big test for Brisbane in a marquee slot that they haven't seen in some time.
Which player are you most looking forward to watching? Dayne Beams against the Lions.
Which team needs to show the most?
North ... they've been given a chance in this big time slot - although its been downgraded by the game in Perth, but they need a big turn out, and a quality game, lest they lose it.
What will be Monday's headline?
Some garbage about how amazing the Easter Monday game will be ...

Lol at Brissy. So unashamedly fickle.
They're the absolute worst up here, if/when the Lions drop away, the crowds will disappear again. The worst thing is sitting amongst them tho. There will be people who've watched 5 games in 10 years in that crowd tonight talking like an expert, it's insufferable.

And is that proof of the fact that they don't actually review every goal? So we can completely dispel that lie?
No, because they do. No idea how they missed that, potentially didn't get that particular camera angle, but I can assure you that every goal is looked at.

They're the absolute worst up here, if/when the Lions drop away, the crowds will disappear again. The worst thing is sitting amongst them tho. There will be people who've watched 5 games in 10 years in that crowd tonight talking like an expert, it's insufferable.

No, because they do. No idea how they missed that, potentially didn't get that particular camera angle, but I can assure you that every goal is looked at.
Yeah I know, grew up in Bris.

I flew up for the Aleague GFs a while back. Sat next to someone with a homemade Roar jersey on. The player's band on the back was spelled incorrectly haha.

And lol. If they reviewed every angle, they'd have seen that

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I know, grew up in Bris.

And lol. If they reviewed every angle, they'd have seen that
Of course they would have, so they probably didn't get it. They get a number of the standard angles on their set up after the goal to run through, and can request other angles from the production truck, which is what can take the official reviews a bit longer, but if they don't call for it, the ball is bounced 45 seconds after the goal.

Geez Collingwood look good though. They will be scary good if they hit peak form. Actually, it's interesting West Coast, Collingwood and Richmond all finding form now and looking good. We need to do a number on the Saints to match these top 4 teams from last year. No excuses now..

Which game are you looking forward to the most? Ours
Which player are you most looking forward to watching? Ours
Which team needs to show the most? We do
Which player needs to show the most? Gawn
What will be Monday's headline? * knows !

Ah Ah Ah!

I am finding myself not really engaged with not Demons games anymore . For the first time in a long time i find that the way football is being played is just not tickling my fancy. Its bland , boring, and over umpired . Might as well just be played with a round ball , a goal (ala soccer) put in and call it Gaelic Aussie rules . Just how they can say they have the players interest at heart while getting them to play in the hottest month of the season is beyond comprehension.

Good Friday is pretty dull. I blame Jesus really. Maybe I can convert to Catholicism in the next 20 minutes so I’ve got some stations of the cross and a ceremony to fill in the hours before the footy starts. Though North is playing, so maybe I would be better off joining a fundamentalist outfit and sitting it out altogether

Good Friday is pretty dull. I blame Jesus really. Maybe I can convert to Catholicism in the next 20 minutes so I’ve got some stations of the cross and a ceremony to fill in the hours before the footy starts. Though North is playing, so maybe I would be better off joining a fundamentalist outfit and sitting it out altogether
Meanwhile I'm stuck volunteering, walking around tin rattling, for the Good Friday Appeal. I already have enough trouble talking to strangers, let alone going up to their house and door knocking like a salesman. Neat Firetruck though.

Geez Collingwood look good though. They will be scary good if they hit peak form. Actually, it's interesting West Coast, Collingwood and Richmond all finding form now and looking good. We need to do a number on the Saints to match these top 4 teams from last year. No excuses now..
They look so primed. Losing Dunn as that FB anchor was a shame, but Moore is killing it at CHB. Gun back flankers, incredible midfield, star ruck, two good small forwards and arguably the most mercurial forward going around. If they had a mobile tall forward that could actually mark the ball and kick goals regularly instead of Cox, they'd be flag certs. It's almost like they built a gun list by mistake, because these are the same players that were garbage in 16 and 17 before Buckley changed his game style.

Just glad there's an actual game of Friday night footy on tonight as well.

******* joke Essendon can take the piss and name Daniher now considering you get 4 ******* emergencies now. fine should be something ridiculous. Id imagine gambling mobs wouldnt be happy with Daniher coming in with 1st goalscorer bets. Think it was $9 any other player now into $5.50.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back