Preview AFL Round 5 - Geelong v Hawthorn, MCG, Monday 21 April 3:20PM

Predict the margin

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1596889_660844207285577_3671953999190701096_o.jpg
What's with the selective memory on this board?

They go in with the winning streak.

I'm not trying to be a prick or shove it in your faces but come on? It's a little silly having this up considering what happened last game

Anyway, I'm so pumped for this as I always am and yes it's just 4 points but come monday night 1 group of supporters will be ridiculously happy and the other will be fairly upset!

Let's hope both teams put on another showcase of how AFL should be played, both teams play great exciting brands of footy!

1 week to go! ;)

As always, it will be close. As for not needing to win - I call bullshit. Get back in their heads and have them thinking the only ones that cause them trouble are us.

Go Catters

I think as far as being in their heads... I think there is a something like a Mind Meld happening , they are in ours and we are in theirs.The players will have a degree of respect for each other but both side will feel they can win. As far as us , Im not sure where the streak has left us. It had to end at some stage , but I ask would you be willing to lose the next 10 verses them if you got a GF win verses them..of course we would..and to a degree thats their mindset. They will win that many games thru the year an odd lose verses us is marginally significant. Talk about opportunity lost , knock them out in the PF last year and that would have been some serious mojo that would have been rumbling around in their brain box then.

So , as much as winning is important , just like the Hawks in 08 , what's very important is that we control some of the game , to not let them own it. Im not sure we are playing at a lethal , surgical level yet. Imagine what the 07 group would have done to WC last week. My guess is 120 points min. But every week we play , every week the team slowly meshes. By years end Burbs will be far more comfortable , (or he will not be in the side) Our forward set up is not as dangerous as it needs to be. Hawks are not the side to be covering up cracks against. To balance that , I feel we have been close to showing some real strong form. If Hawk has a day out who knows we may just see a few knees a knocking.

I'm not trying to be a prick or shove it in your faces but come on? It's a little silly having this up considering what happened last game

Anyway, I'm so pumped for this as I always am and yes it's just 4 points but come monday night 1 group of supporters will be ridiculously happy and the other will be fairly upset!

Let's hope both teams put on another showcase of how AFL should be played, both teams play great exciting brands of footy!

1 week to go! ;)

Mate , I'll take it that you understand that if its posted on our board he can do or we can do what he/we like. Posts like your have got fellow Cats supporters Cards on your board so even if you have a point id suggest you just ignore the posts.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My brother is a Hawks man and we regularly go to the games.

He is also the only person I thought was going to clock me at a match.

I know, first hand, of your frustrations. :eek:

How has hat worked out over the history of the games go , Piv? As Chris Scott said the other day..he was Hawks supporter as a kid and remember the rivalry. Its been going a while and to my mind for most it , its been a one way pain street with us reaching for the panadol.

Mate , I'll take it that you understand that if its posted on our board he can do or we can do what he/we like. Posts like your have got fellow Cats supporters Cards on your board so even if you have a point if suggest you just ignore the posts.

Yeah fair call, it is your board after all

If... I'm not confident at all for this one, having said that I missed last weeks win so I could be selling us short.

It's impossible to be confident this early in the season.
Our side has changed a heap. But at the same time I can't see a reason to be negative on our chances.

How has hat worked out over the history of the games go , Piv? As Chris Scott said the other day..he was Hawks supporter as a kid and remember the rivalry. Its been going a while and to my mind for most it , its been a one way pain street with us reaching for the panadol.
This is how irrational it became for him.

Even after I said "you can have all these 'in-a-row' wins, I'd rather the '89 and '08 flags" he was still livid (this was after the Hawkins-goal-after-the-siren match).

But I agree, I think us Cat supporters have experienced plenty of pain at the hands of Hawthorn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back