Predict the margin

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 6, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
our team next time we play them will give them a run.

B: Rivers, Lonergan, Enright
HB: Mackie, Taylor, Hunt
C: Kelly, Johnson, Motlop
HF: Stokes, McIntosh, Duncan
F: Bartel, Hawkins, Menzel

R: Simpson, Guthie, Selwood

IC: Caddy, Christo, Horlin-Smith, Blicavs

(could not squeeze Varcoe or Brown in?)
Is that a cross between our boy, Cam, and Ricky Nixon's girl, Kim?

Always Hawks

Debutant
Sep 30, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Gee we have as close to our best side as you can expect.
Every club has 2 best 22 missing during a year.
Are you guys just missing Christensen and Motlop (apart from the poor knee reco blokes)? If we get McEvoy, Lake and Stratton back then we're basically at full strength and I reckon your outs are worse than ours (especially Motlop - a gun).

Good luck and hopefully no injuries either side. Hope the game is a repeat of Rd 19 2012 except that Hawkins' kick after the siren gets touched on the line.

witsend

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 22, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Lakers
Don't think this will be a particularly physical game as that is not how these Hawks play. They are a "keeping's off" mob now. I do think our rucks will be a huge advantage for us though. We need to retain possession and limit turnovers/clangers.

It will just finally be nice to approach one of these games with a #1 ruck, let alone 2. Getting first use to our advantage will be a massive difference for us instead of having to play read the ruck off the opposition. It will also pay dividends around the ground with McEvoy and Hale being more sore from finally having to work harder.

Hawks mids are a massive threat - as always - but again having to actually read our rucks for a change will help. Being slower ( no Mots and Bundy) is against us.

Last year, Hawk was limited and still had an influence. Gibson will be praying for a Lake or Schoey to make it up as he does not want 2 hrs on Hawk on island. Up the other end, Lonners will be hunting for #23 for the first 1/4… LOL

Hawks forward structure will be different of course but no less effective.

As always, it will be close. As for not needing to win - I call bullshit. Get back in their heads and have them thinking the only ones that cause them trouble are us.

Go Catters

Mar 25, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Of course they won't! Dontcha know that the Hawks are allowed to do coathangers on the opposition? It's part of the natural arc of their arms when they tackle. Ask the MRP.

It's sickening how a different set of rules applies to the rest of the competition than it does the to the poos and pees. I can't recall how many times gibson dropped or incorrectly disposed of the ball against gc but was not once penalised for it. It was utterly disgusting, maggots gotta stop being all up in their collective arses.

Of course they won't! Dontcha know that the Hawks are allowed to do coathangers on the opposition? It's part of the natural arc of their arms when they tackle. Ask the MRP.

Exactly, hence Buddy's coathanger yesterday. You can take the boy out of Hawthorn, but you can't take Hawthorn out of the boy. ;)

It's sickening how a different set of rules applies to the rest of the competition than it does the to the poos and pees. I can't recall how many times gibson dropped or incorrectly disposed of the ball against gc but was not once penalised for it. It was utterly disgusting, maggots gotta stop being all up in their collective arses.

Loved Gunston's blatant shove in the back too that went unpenalised before he turned around and ran into an open goal. Hawks fans can bleat all they want about being victimised by the umpires, but they got an armchair ride on Saturday night.

Speaking of umpires, what are the odds we get that bald idiot who loves Hawthorn on Monday?

Big Tom 2013

Club Legend
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Are you guys just missing Christensen and Motlop (apart from the poor knee reco blokes)? If we get McEvoy, Lake and Stratton back then we're basically at full strength and I reckon your outs are worse than ours (especially Motlop - a gun).

Good luck and hopefully no injuries either side. Hope the game is a repeat of Rd 19 2012 except that Hawkins' kick after the siren gets touched on the line.
Yeah, that's our outs, along with Mackie if he doesn't come up in time (hamstring-possibly just a strain?).

image.jpg

Round 5
Geelong -v- Hawthorn

Monday 21 April
MCG 3:20 PM

Geelong-logo-2008.gif
-v-
Hawthorn-logo-2007.gif

Hawthorn Meme Round

image.jpg

MrFujiMoto

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks, Norwood Redlegs
Who will Lonergan play on? :)

We are planning on getting Buddy to fly down to Melbourne and position himself in row 1 at the left hand 50 meter arc each quarter. Hopefully Lonergan will catch sight of him and go and stand their for the rest of the game. Might even send Buddy to the pie stand a few times, just for fun.

Gee we have as close to our best side as you can expect.
Every club has 2 best 22 missing during a year.
Perhaps not quite of the quality + influence of Bundy + Motlop (+ dare I whisper Menzel?) :)

vinum coupe

Cancelled
10k Posts Ruby Geelong Cats - Travis Varcoe 2012 Player Sponsor
Aug 4, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Aussie cricket team
Perhaps not quite of the quality + influence of Bundy + Motlop (+ dare I whisper Menzel?) :)
Yeah but the odds are that when Motlop and Christensen are back that 2 of our good players will be out.

We'll also have Enright. We are, however, missing Corey, Pods, Vardy, Christensen, Motlop and J. Hunt from the side that took them on last time.

It's hard to be optimistic about this one. Hawks look incredibly powerful at the moment, and their side just seems a lot more balanced and clean than Geelong does.
But the Dawks on their board are already worried about: Guthrie on Midget, saying they can't allow the cheap shots like on Dangerfield :rolleyes: rofl; + that Lonergan is allowed to get away with murder, aka the 'One Kidney Rule'. Hilarious reading!
* Teriyakicat made me do it. * :D

Last edited:
Or are we talking a Dexter style shutting up forever? Take a ride on the "slice of life", putting plastic on the walls and floors and walls etc.
The whole shebang!

image.jpg

Nov 12, 2002
AFL Club
Geelong

Yep. You could possibly include Smedts in that group, and it's going to be very interesting to see who makes way when they're available too.

vinum coupe

Cancelled
10k Posts Ruby Geelong Cats - Travis Varcoe 2012 Player Sponsor
Aug 4, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Aussie cricket team
If we are to make a change I think it will be structural to help stretch the Hawks backs.
So Brown or Walker in.

But I can't see who they could drop.
Too many of them are providing a lot of forward 50 pressure which is precisely what we need against the Hawks.

Yeah but the odds are that when Motlop and Christensen are back that 2 of our good players will be out.
What are you saying? Don't understand? That Motlop and Christensen aren't good players + that good players will be dropped to include them? They'll return through the VFL + need to earn their spot.
Right now we need them to create goals, because Vardy is out! We need crumbers to create scoring shots! On Saturday night, we kicked 11 behinds. We're still to inaccurate in front of goals.

Gysenn

Club Legend
Nov 6, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
What are you saying? Don't understand? That Motlop and Christensen aren't good players + that good players will be dropped to include them? They'll return through the VFL + need to earn their spot.
Right now we need them to create goals, because Vardy is out! We need crumbers to create scoring shots! On Saturday night, we kicked 11 behinds. We're still to inaccurate in front of goals.
He's saying it's likely that by that time another two players will be injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back