Game Day AFL Round 5 - Matchday Discussion Collingwood@Brisbane(Gabba – 7:35PM)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I tipped the Lions by 18. Just think they will beat us up there.

Hopefully we don't play or Boring Slow Ball Movement and Actually Move the Ball Fast like we did last year
I'm an infrequent poster, but an avid devourer of the comments on these pages. If Brisbane triumph tonight, questions must be asked about the probity of the members of the hierarchy of their club.

Brisbane went into last week's game against the mediocre performing Bombers (victory against the even worse Redlegs was achieved in a bruise-free shootout). The 5 days later focused Lions were absolutely spifflicated - the 47 point loss was flattering. Meanwhile the Lions NEAFL team, having no such thoughts about their next game are successful to the tune of 16 goals.

I am sure that if the Pies had been beaten by overrated garbage and the VFL boys (in our dreams) almost achieved a triple figure victory, a significantly altered 22 would appear in the next game.

What should happen, if they win and most certainly won't is an AFL investigation, akin to the Melbourne tanking allegations. Fagan, Noble et al should face the full force of the law.

What will happen is that McClachlan, Hocking and co. will be ebullient at their achievement of the expansion of the game.

Having said all that - Pies by 17 ponts.

I’d give Aish a crack at tagging lachie Neale

Four night games should help us with the dew......if I remember correctly the Cats game was very warm and dewy.

A four quarter performance would be nice.

Stepho deep forward
Steele wing forward all game
De Goey starts in the centre and goes forward after that

Now there's 2 players that have been down for a couple of weeks. Expecting a big game from Steele & Stephenson....when they play well we win.

Massive game. A win and our next 5-6 weeks looks good. I think it’s a genuine 50/50 game. This Brisbane team has put it together this year and look like a finals contender. We need to play better than last week, simple. I’m concerned about their small fwds in Cameron, Mcarthy and Rayner. Not sure if our match-ups are great for them. Think Moore can shut down Hipwood and Roughead to do a number on Mcstay. Beams back in is good. Play De Goey up front they don’t have a match-up for him. He will destroy Gardiner.
Pies by 12 points

Why there no thread prefix....

tenor.gif

Now there's 2 players that have been down for a couple of weeks. Expecting a big game from Steele & Stephenson....when they play well we win.
They had nice finishes to last week's game. A couple of important goals to Stevo and when we turned the tide in the first 10 minutes of the last, Steele was in everything. I felt like he was driving it.

I'm an infrequent poster, but an avid devourer of the comments on these pages. If Brisbane triumph tonight, questions must be asked about the probity of the members of the hierarchy of their club.

Brisbane went into last week's game against the mediocre performing Bombers (victory against the even worse Redlegs was achieved in a bruise-free shootout). The 5 days later focused Lions were absolutely spifflicated - the 47 point loss was flattering. Meanwhile the Lions NEAFL team, having no such thoughts about their next game are successful to the tune of 16 goals.

I am sure that if the Pies had been beaten by overrated garbage and the VFL boys (in our dreams) almost achieved a triple figure victory, a significantly altered 22 would appear in the next game.

What should happen, if they win and most certainly won't is an AFL investigation, akin to the Melbourne tanking allegations. Fagan, Noble et al should face the full force of the law.

What will happen is that McClachlan, Hocking and co. will be ebullient at their achievement of the expansion of the game.

Having said all that - Pies by 17 ponts.

I'm sure they would have preferred to win last week, but there's no doubt tonight will be like a grand final for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The hype surrounding this game on the brissy board is ridiculous, to them it’s the biggest game in 10 years! How the bloody hell is it different to any other game, it’s a bloody round 5 fixture!

In saying that, I look forward to putting them back in their box tonight, expecting the midfield to stand up tonight and dominate

The hype surrounding this game on the brissy board is ridiculous, to them it’s the biggest game in 10 years! How the bloody hell is it different to any other game, it’s a bloody round 5 fixture!

In saying that, I look forward to putting them back in their box tonight, expecting the midfield to stand up tonight and dominate

Yeah we’re their “biggest rival”

Also surely after 26 years and 2 premierships against us you’d think they’d be over Buckley

It's all wrong, can feel it in my guts.

Vomit.jpg

This will be a tough one for our boys. We have no experience in big games and can see us folding under the pressure. For you guys it's just like any other round, this is our biggest game since Rd 23 2013 when we needed to win to make Finals. You've got us covered in the middle, and De Goey will kick 5+. Look what AMT did to us last week, and Connor Rozee the week before - we just can't handle dominant opposition small/medium forwards. The only area I see hope for us is our forward line, but we'll have to be on fire. I'm tipping Collingwood by 30, but could easily see it blowing out to 50 or 60.

This will be a tough one for our boys. We have no experience in big games and can see us folding under the pressure. For you guys it's just like any other round, this is our biggest game since Rd 23 2013 when we needed to win to make Finals. You've got us covered in the middle, and De Goey will kick 5+. Look what AMT did to us last week, and Connor Rozee the week before - we just can't handle dominant opposition small/medium forwards. The only area I see hope for us is our forward line, but we'll have to be on fire. I'm tipping Collingwood by 30, but could easily see it blowing out to 50 or 60.

Bloody bizarre that for one team this could be considered their biggest game since 2013, whilst for the other team it's a small game - interstate, small crowd, against a club who hasn't been good for ages and whom we don't currently consider to be an equal peer (I think we may change that opinion pretty soon).

Bloody bizarre that for one team this could be considered their biggest game since 2013, whilst for the other team it's a small game - interstate, small crowd, against a club who hasn't been good for ages and whom we don't currently consider to be an equal peer (I think we may change that opinion pretty soon).

Interesting thing about the Gabba, if you were ever lucky enough to get there in the early 2000s, or big moments in the Ashes, when the ground is full the atmosphere is incredible. Something about the acoustics. I've been to Prelims and Elimination finals at the MCG with 90,000, close games, I went to Geelong v Hawthorn in 2012 where Hawkins kicked the goal on the siren. The Gabba with 35,000 sounds twice as loud, conservatively. Imagine if this game was at the G with the same number of people - 35k at the G sounds like a funeral. That's the beauty of smaller stadiums and one of the few drawbacks of the MCG.

Interesting thing about the Gabba, if you were ever lucky enough to get there in the early 2000s, or big moments in the Ashes, when the ground is full the atmosphere is incredible. Something about the acoustics. I've been to Prelims and Elimination finals at the MCG with 90,000, close games, I went to Geelong v Hawthorn in 2012 where Hawkins kicked the goal on the siren. The Gabba with 35,000 sounds twice as loud, conservatively. Imagine if this game was at the G with the same number of people - 35k at the G sounds like a funeral. That's the beauty of smaller stadiums and one of the few drawbacks of the MCG.
We had over 120,000 to one of our GF's, we having a passing familiarity with atmosphere.

In fact our most recent premiership year 2010, the Geelong players said they had never heard anything like it in the prelim... sure blame the eerie chant for the thrashing ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back