AFL Round 5: North Melbourne v Hawthorn Sunday 3:20pm AEST @ES

Remove this Banner Ad

Put a tenner on us beating the hawks by 40+ the minute I saw Rioli and poppy were out after being injured midgame. Would have won 150.

Half time I'm feeling sweet. 5 minutes later and I'm hovering over the cashout button. 5 minutes after that I had completely forgotten about the bet.

Wow. What a game. So proud of the team.

Thompson has been awesome this year, Tarrant is the AA CHB at this stage and Daw is a beast back.

Best backline in the comp.

It’s been years since we’ve put in a half like that.
reminded me of last year vs the crows actually. What did you guys nail 11.0 or 10.0 in the 1st quarter?

I thought hawks would come at some point but tbh I thought it would be before half time when the margin got to about 8 goals. I was wrong on that one, but they did surge.

Good on you guys great win I'm glad you won it's good for footy and for the comp. Loving the unpredictability of the season but in recent years at least it's been like this.

Yawn, blaming the umps...yeah there were a few bad decisions, but it favoured neither side, and certainly not enough to gift Hawthorn or North a win.

Reckon North had a pretty good ride but it made no difference. They smashed us and our interest levels in the first half was diabolical.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully Higgins fine, EVW also
Have a feeling both miss 1 game due to being cautious

Burton will miss games question is how many weeks for the bump?
Careless, Medium, high = 1 week.

That's what i think it will be graded if it goes that way. otherwise he might get sent to the tribunal. I have a feeling hawks will contest a charge anyway though.

We were crap. We lost. It happens. North played well. Quality side in their day, and fairly well coached.

The way fans of other clubs are piling on us is telling, though. Loser psychology, perpetuated by fans of clubs who didn’t win anything in decades. Piss off and worry about your own teams.

Yeah many are understandably envious and resentful of Hawthorn. First the 80s dynasty, then 2007-2015, they've enjoyed more than their fair share. I admit beating the Hawks in a GF, if that ever happens, will be sweet since we've lost to them twice in the GF. Maybe Geelong fans feel that way about us. But yeah, amazing to think how many premierships the Hawks have won since say St Kilda or Melbourne. When the Dees last won in 1964 they were on 12 and Hawthorn 1 I believe. Now it's 13 to 12.

Yeah many are understandably envious and resentful of Hawthorn. First the 80s dynasty, then 2007-2015, they've enjoyed more than their fair share. I admit beating the Hawks in a GF, if that ever happens, will be sweet since we've lost to them twice in the GF. Maybe Geelong fans feel that way about us. But yeah, amazing to think how many premierships the Hawks have won since say St Kilda or Melbourne. When the Dees last won in 1964 they were on 12 and Hawthorn 1 I believe. Now it's 13 to 12.

Thanks for that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back