Game Day AFL Round 5 - Other Game Discussion

All this talk of the big NicNat v Grundy clash. Every time it’s mentioned they should be forced to acknowledge that it’s Max No.1 .... daylight .... then those two. NicNat has taken 5 marks for the season so far. Gawny averages 6 a game! Plus 8 more touches a game. Plus a goal a game (NicNat zero goals so far). It’s not even a discussion anymore.
People only say that Nic Nat Is the best because in a 1v1, he'll win more hitouts. I'm taking the 2-3 goals a game Max saves over the 1-2 Nicnat creates. Plus Gawn does stuff around the ground and isn't fat, people call Nicnat an "impact player" who plays 60% of gametime to disguise how unfit he is. Meanwhile, Gawn plays 90% of the game and runs his opponent off their feet.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
People only say that Nic Nat Is the best because in a 1v1, he'll win more hitouts. I'm taking the 2-3 goals a game Max saves over the 1-2 Nicnat creates. Plus Gawn does stuff around the ground and isn't fat, people call Nicnat an "impact player" who plays 60% of gametime to disguise how unfit he is. Meanwhile, Gawn plays 90% of the game and runs his opponent off their feet.
Without the other factors of value across the ground, TOG etc Nic Nat is the best ruck in the game though. The impact he has is incredible.

Otherwise I agree though, Max brings athletic capacity all across the ground plus being an excellent mark

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
AFL 21 R5-gm2-01.png

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
We do kind of need to update that with something. Crimson stuck that there years back as a stopgap while I put something together which I haven’t yet. Thing is, I’ve gotten quite attached to CA’s rules
I was wondering why posters were randomly liking my post from 2 years ago, now I know.

I don't get how basically for the entirety of Buckley's tenure their injury list has been abyssmal. They always seem to have 6-8 key players out of the side. Surely it can't just be luck, but how can the richest and most powerful club in the country have such a shithouse fitness program for that long?

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Moore has never been a forward. He wasn't any good there at the start of his career no matter how much Collingwood fans want to pretend he was. Its absolutely ridiculous he was left there after Howe went down, and its mind blowing he's still there now after being a complete non-entity for 90% of the game.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Moore has never been a forward. He wasn't any good there at the start of his career no matter how much Collingwood fans want to pretend he was. Its absolutely ridiculous he was left there after Howe went down, and its mind blowing he's still there now after being a complete non-entity for 90% of the game.
Timed this perfectly. Tho I still stand by it.

It's funny to me that Howe went to Collingwood to be a forward, got thrown back the first chance they got, then when they need to swing a player forward they select their other failed forward come defender over him. Get rekt Howe, Buckley lied to you.

jhong

Old man yelling at clouds
Apr 18, 2011
Wonthaggi
AFL Club
Melbourne
It's funny to me that Howe went to Collingwood to be a forward, got thrown back the first chance they got, then when they need to swing a player forward they select their other failed forward come defender over him. Get rekt Howe, Buckley lied to you.
Or Howe was full of s**t and used the playing forward as an excuse to leave .

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Or Howe was full of sh*t and used the playing forward as an excuse to leave .
Yeah he was going regardless. The “opportunity” narrative just worked out okay also

Back