AFL Round 5: St. Kilda vs Greater Western Sydney Saturday 1:45pm AEST @ ES

Remove this Banner Ad

St Kilda? Sydney?

I don't think you understand why 'clubs' wear black arm bands.

Wrong thread sorry lads. Thought I was still in the Eagles/blues thread.

I understand fully why clubs wear black armbands but forgive me for thinking that someone playing in a competition alongside almost the entire current playing group, passing away, would warrant some sort of recognition.

GWS and the Gold Coast are the same. A Culture-less team of people playing for money and holidays. Bunch of cowboy hollywood boys. They are not playing for their town, their club, their fans. They play for the large sums of money they get paid and that's about all there is too it. Hence the selfish and un-teamlike style of football these clowns play. Look at fools like Greene and Heath Shaw.
Spot on

Wrong thread sorry lads. Thought I was still in the Eagles/blues thread.

I understand fully why clubs wear black armbands but forgive me for thinking that someone playing in a competition alongside almost the entire current playing group, passing away, would warrant some sort of recognition.

He played 6 matches. The circumstances of his death are irrelevant.

He played 6 matches. The circumstances of his death are irrelevant.

What?

Oh ok so if someone plays 200 games and dies of cancer it’s more tragic and relevant than someone playing 6 and dying by their own hand?

F*** me, how’s the funeral planning business going anyway, winning lots of new clients?

GWS don't play very well away. It's been a problem they have had since they became competitive a few years ago. The media seems to think that they are invincible, but most of their away games that I see, they seem to struggle, even against sides they should handle easily - They might still get wins, but they just don't look like the same team as when they are at home. Until they fix their away troubles, they won't threaten for a flag.

GWS struggled with most of their games last year (they rarely put other sides away) and nearly dropped out of the top 4. They don’t seem to have a game plan other than crowding the ball, handballing it to players about to get tackled, getting injured, and kicking it long into their forward 50.

I'd say it's a free kick.

View attachment 486163
Incredible the Giants get away with stuff like this. They stitched the Tiges up for 4 points last year as well via a dodgy review. Saints seem to cop some of the worst umpiring though, this reminds me of that famous game a few years ago when the Hawks were up and the umpires were equally starstruck, robbing the Saints in scandalous fashion.

Hope Saints fans do keep turning up, the club needs to stick fat through this period.

So every player passing away that plays 6 matches gets every club to wear black arm bands that week?

Hold on, I'm buying up shares in electrical tape.

As opposed to someone’s great aunt twice removed dying of old age.

He was 28, was on a squad with 40-ish current listed players, played against 132 current players, or near enough, and died presumably from a problem that the AFL has been enourmously vocal on in recent times. If you can’t understand why that MAY warrant some acknowledgement, please steer clear of any profession in which you need to listen to people or impart advice

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow under 15k on a pleasant Saturday afternoon, a discussion needs to be had about the saints crowds
yeah considering you guys drew 21k to a Friday night vs us last year, yes please lets talk crowds

Hard to compete with the Pies drink driving culture but we are happy nontheless.
...and why wouldn't you be.
BTW Pies players pay for their own drinks and the Pies as a club pay for yours through outrageous equalisation payments.
You also seem to conveniently forget the actions of Heath Shaw and Toby Green a few seasons back.
No culture, stacked with high draft picks and funded by everyone else in an attempt to have early success to establish a supporter base in Sydney.
At least the Doggies and the Tiges have broken their premiership droughts in recent years.
Here's hoping longstanding traditional clubs like the Saints and Demons can break theirs before the cultureless GWS juggernaut dominates the competition the way AFL house wants it to.

...and why wouldn't you be.
BTW Pies players pay for their own drinks and the Pies as a club pay for yours through outrageous equalisation payments.
You also seem to conveniently forget the actions of Heath Shaw and Toby Green a few seasons back.
No culture, stacked with high draft picks and funded by everyone else in an attempt to have early success to establish a supporter base in Sydney.
At least the Doggies and the Tiges have broken their premiership droughts in recent years.
Here's hoping longstanding traditional clubs like the Saints and Demons can break theirs before the cultureless GWS juggernaut dominates the competition the way AFL house wants it to.
Your name fits you

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back