AFL Round 5: St. Kilda vs Greater Western Sydney Saturday 1:45pm AEST @ ES

Remove this Banner Ad

Fingers in your ear all you like he made contact with the head it's a free kick. And there were PLENTY not paid to the Saints as well so that's completely irrelevant.

Fact is you got a gift.
It's a pointless discussion. :)We had two drawslast year and have some experience on the topic.
In a game there will be almost an infinite number of things that could have influenced the score. After arguing each and every one of them, it will still be a draw.
You guys are climbing the ladder of teams we like playing the least, and good luck for the rest of the season.

An absolute howler by the umpire at the end...Carlisle should've marked it, but that is a free kick 99 times out of a 100, but the umpire has a brain fade with seconds to go. The game was a draw, they play for two hours and that is the score at the end of time, a good result for the Saints in the end.

An absolute howler by the umpire at the end...Carlisle should've marked it, but that is a free kick 99 times out of a 100, but the umpire has a brain fade with seconds to go. The game was a draw, they play for two hours and that is the score at the end of time, a good result for the Saints in the end.
Takes the pressure off Richo for a week but they’re still headed for a bottom 4 finish.

Absolute bullshit.
If the chump Carlisle had taken the simple mark it wouldn’t even be an issue.
Massive deflection going on here

The reason people don’t turn up is a- we suck, b - people don’t care about gws as much as the other clubs (yet) and c- I don’t think the fans really believe this team. We went from having the best side we’ve ever had in 09/10 to this list which doesn’t have a single star who compares to that super era. There isn’t much optimism we are going anywhere and that’s going to keep crowds away.

Absolute bullshit.
Absolute bullshit. It was a free kick and no deflection going on at all, learn the rules. IF has nothing to with it, it was poor defensive work that should've been penalized.

But this is only a structure thing, Giants show a bit more respect to the opposition, and those behinds that they’re kicking turn into goals and then add on an extra 5-10...

Technically these players are not the matured Giants players that you see in the team today. They are Collingwood and Bulldogs players.

For example, Boyd was part of a premiership in his second year at Bulldogs and this was only his second/third year of senior football (given that he only played a few games at the Giants). But if Boyd developed as part of The Giants he would have been forged out of iron on the anvil of despair using the hammer of courage.
Lol so they are only stars who should be perfect while in Giants colours?

Ok.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Lol so they are only stars who should be perfect while in Giants colours?

Ok.

I stated the current team of Giants have the best players within any AFL team... ever. So yes if you bring up Boyd, Treloar etc they’ve got nothing to do with my argument they’re magpies and bulldogs players.

I stated the current team of Giants have the best players within any AFL team... ever. So yes if you bring up Boyd, Treloar etc they’ve got nothing to do with my argument they’re magpies and bulldogs players.
Yes they do. You are placing expectations on players that they have to be 100% 24/7 because of their calibre. Yet those same players have also moved on but the same expectations of performance isnt there.
Just because they were orange doesnt make them the best of the best.

Im not saying we shouldnt be pissed at how we performed but its round 4 and we had our best 2 mids out and our number 1 ruck. Let alone a few other best 22.

We are 3 1 1 after 5 rounds. Long long way to go yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolute bullshit.
dont no about chump he had great game but yes should of taken the mark
happy.gif
happy.gif

happy.gif

happy.gif
happy.gif

Hodge, Mitchell, Franklin, Roughead, rioli, Lewis, Gibson would probably all disagree. Potentially 5 hall of famers there, don’t really see that at the giants

You wouldn’t with the current structure of play, same as if Hawthorn tried the same structure, they wouldn’t have won four premierships.

I figured last night you might have been tired and emotional after a frustrating game but it seems that's not the problem.
You need to wake up and smell the roses. We played De Boer, Sam Reid, Daniel Lloyd, Jeremy Finlayson and Dawson Simpson yesterday, none were valued much when they were picked up. I think we missed Zac Langdon out there as well who was taken low in the draft last year.
We have a good list but it's far from unprecedented. The Baby Bombers and Geelong of 2007, 2008 are recent examples.

If your expectation is we'll win the flag every year, and every game by 10 goals, you're doomed to dissappointment. Yesterday wont even be our worst game of the season.

If you can learn to be happy supporting a new club that will be competitive for a while, as we build culture and hopefully success in a tough competition, welcome. It'll be a great ride.

Toughen up and lower your expectations is my recommendation though, we will face periods of rebuilding as time goes on and we need supporters who can stick it out.

Yes they do. You are placing expectations on players that they have to be 100% 24/7 because of their calibre. Yet those same players have also moved on but the same expectations of performance isnt there.
Just because they were orange doesnt make them the best of the best.

Im not saying we shouldnt be pissed at how we performed but its round 4 and we had our best 2 mids out and our number 1 ruck. Let alone a few other best 22.

We are 3 1 1 after 5 rounds. Long long way to go yet.

There’s a good chance Giants will be top 4 this year, with their talent (look at how many inside 50s saints had and how many Giants defended) they will be getting ~7 out of 10 games under the same style of play, but some teams they come up against, who are allowed two free players in their forward 50 while going forward will be more accurate, some teams who can expect a long high ball into the forward 50 will rebound the football (every team (except bulldogs) Giants have come up against have figured this out and that’s why you see three opposition players contest the marking competition), and some teams will make more of their tackles stick.

I figured last night you might have been tired and emotional after a frustrating game but it seems that's not the problem.
You need to wake up and smell the roses. We played De Boer, Sam Reid, Daniel Lloyd, Jeremy Finlayson and Dawson Simpson yesterday, none were valued much when they were picked up. I think we missed Zac Langdon out there as well who was taken low in the draft last year.
We have a good list but it's far from unprecedented. The Baby Bombers and Geelong of 2007, 2008 are recent examples.

If your expectation is we'll win the flag every year, and every game by 10 goals, you're doomed to dissappointment. Yesterday wont even be our worst game of the season.

If you can learn to be happy supporting a new club that will be competitive for a while, as we build culture and hopefully success in a tough competition, welcome. It'll be a great ride.

Toughen up and lower your expectations is my recommendation though, we will face periods of rebuilding as time goes on and we need supporters who can stick it out.

No, I’m like Nanny McPhee when it comes to supporting my AFL team, I follow them how they need to be followed, not how they want to be followed.

Hodge, Mitchell, Franklin, Roughead, rioli, Lewis, Gibson would probably all disagree. Potentially 5 hall of famers there, don’t really see that at the giants
It's a fair call to pump up your list when you've got the runs on the board. We need to wait and see what happens over the next few years though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back