AFL Round 6: Collingwood v Richmond Sunday 3:20 pm EST @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

You're playing games. Varcoe and Langdon are clearly best 22 but couldn't come up in the short turnaround-they are not listed as injured but still missed the game! Wells is playing in ressies-one and a half games so far but hasn't reached match fitness due to injury, hence not listed. Aish was off very early after half time too. But you already know this. You struggled to put away a depleted side that hasn't played finals footy for five years. Oh- Reid appears to have done his Achilles today. So on it goes.

Oh, so now we play the excuse card. Leading up to the game it was all huff, puff and false bravado. Pies fans telling us they were back and we were next (because you arsed a win against Adelaide).
Pies have improved no doubt, but let’s see if you can keep it up all year. Today you failed your audit.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Collingwood have got a lot more upside than Richmond. Richmond have reached their threshold!

We haven’t even got going yet. That’s what you guys don’t understand.

So , interested to know after playing the deserved benchmark of the competition, in your honest opinion do you think the Pies will play finals this year?

Keep playing that style of footy and get a few players back and I think you are the side replacing essendon in the 8 this year... Yep finals bound I think

Oh, so now we play the excuse card. Leading up to the game it was all huff, puff and false bravado. Pies fans telling us they were back and we were next (because you arsed a win against Adelaide).
Pies have improved no doubt, but let’s see if you can keep it up all year. Today you failed your audit.

The way of bigfooty, pies gonna beat you, they are hot right now, they are on track for finals. After we win they move from finals team to middle of the road and we still haven’t beaten anyone. Very predictable outcome.

Tigers remind me of pies 2011. Cruise for 3 quarters and put the foot down and end up blowing teams away.

We looked decent for 3 quarters but stopped to a complete walk. Short break or fitness? Who knows.

Tigers are a running like a well oiled machine with good players missing out. Cotchin is like a man possessed

The way of bigfooty, pies gonna beat you, they are hot right now, they are on track for finals. After we win they move from finals team to middle of the road and we still haven’t beaten anyone. Very predictable outcome.

So a 43 point loss is now a credibility tick? I’ve heard it all now. Pies had an absolute crack at it. And looked bloody good in parts, but you know what? So did Melbourne and they got smacked after the loss to us.
Reality is the pies have improved for sure, but, they now have to keep that up all year. Let’s see how they respond.
But bloody hell, they didn’t get a tick today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’re a better side with Elliott, Wells, Varcoe, Langdon and Moore. We haven’t had Elliott or Wells all season or Moore for most of it though. That’s all I’m saying.

If we had the above 5 into this side, and they’ve had 3-4 weeks of top level footy in them, today’s result could be different.
Lots of ifs there, youre banking on Elliot and wells? History says those players are injury prone, you did well today but you’re not at our level. When the whips were cracking you were found wanting.

Rippin game of footy. Pies v.good for 3/4 w/out Moore, Varcoe, Adams et al...but Tigs too good when it mattered. Pies had a little too many junk possessions that looked a little questionable but it worked out ok. Back to back a very real prospect.
A few general thoughts on the game, Nankervis probably got the points over Grundy, Appleby was more than servicable, Treloar and Phillips impressed, liked Mason Cox for a half. Pies will make the eight if injuries treat them nicely.

Only got to see a bit of the game. I thought Collingwood looked good.
If they keep doing what they are doing I think they'll make the eight. They didn't look out of place out there for the part of the game I saw.

Richmond, ticking along nicely. Must be a good feeling

Classic commentary: Collingwood looking strong with Cox in the air!!! (something to that effect).

Last edited:
Only got to see a bit of the game. I thought Collingwood looked good.
If they keep doing what they are doing I think they'll make the eight. They didn't look out of place out there for the part of the game I saw.

Richmond, ticking along nicely. Must be a good feeling

Classis commentary: Collingwood looking strong with Cox in the air!!! (something to that effect).
Cox has a different meaning in America!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back