AFL Round 6 - Other Game Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I really enjoy the way Essendon play. Won't be beautiful every week but they have a crack and try to score. Good on Rutten.

Still can't stand their supporters but... 😂

Not looking forward to playing them as we should win but they’re always looking to take the game on. Reckon they’ll roll carlton next week.

Teams we’ve beaten and the best team they’ve beaten:

Fremantle (Adelaide)
St Kilda (West Coast)
GWS (Sydney)
Geelong (Brisbane)
Hawthorn (Adelaide)
Richmond (Carlton)

Pffffff

Not looking forward to playing them as we should win but they’re always looking to take the game on. Reckon they’ll roll carlton next week.

They are one of those unpredictable teams who could roll anyone any week or get smashed when you think they should win.

Yeah for the first time since 2000 Essendon actually should have some hope IMO, finally got a decent side together with some genuinely promising talent and quality experienced heads to guide them. Their supporters are flogs so they have a false dawn every two years based on hugely overrating their list, but there’s actually something there to work with this time.

I thought until yesterday that Collingwood might actually still make finals but they’re cooked now. Alarm bells for them, you love to see it. Starting a rebuild having already traded their 2021 first rounder and a decent chance to finish bottom 4.

Saints feel like a club teetering on the edge of a massive self implosion if they havent already.

How times have changed in 6 months between us and them .

If I was to have wagered which team would be ready to blow s**t up a third of the way through this year between us and them at the start of the season id have gone with us

Saints feel like a club teetering on the edge of a massive self implosion if they havent already.

How time have changed in 6 months between us and them .

If I was to have wagered which team would be ready to blow sh*t up a third of the way through this year between us and them at the start of the season id have gone with us
Yeah they're a broken footy team at the minute, they even look a shell of the team lucky to not to be beaten by 8 goals by us a month ago.

Until that last goal, this was screaming 100 point win ... probably still not off the table to be fair.

How times have changed in 6 months between us and them .

If I was to have wagered which team would be ready to blow sh*t up a third of the way through this year between us and them at the start of the season id have gone with us
You love to see it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For mine, the current Saints list has never looked that threatening

They definitely seem to lack those few star players around whom it makes it much easier to build a team (think Martin, Cotchin), Gawn at Melbourne.

I'll be interested to see how we fare against Port and the Bulldogs. They definitely look slick.

They definitely seem to lack those few star players around whom it makes it much easier to build a team (think Martin, Cotchin), Gawn at Melbourne.

I'll be interested to see how we fare against Port and the Bulldogs. They definitely look slick.
Should have picked Petracca

I look at that team and there's 1 star in Steele. A nearly star in Marshall and a future star in King. The rest are all b-c graders and old. No young talent past King, they're now at the crossroads with their list, do they go all in and keep on bringing outside talent in to win a flag now, do they do nothing and stay as an average side or, do they attack a quick rebuild immediately, land some early picks, trade out the cloggers and be back and contending in 3 years under Ratten.

I look at that team and there's 1 star in Steele. A nearly star in Marshall and a future star in King. The rest are all b-c graders and old. No young talent past King, they're now at the crossroads with their list, do they go all in and keep on bringing outside talent in to win a flag now, do they do nothing and stay as an average side or, do they attack a quick rebuild immediately, land some early picks, trade out the cloggers and be back and contending in 3 years under Ratten.
I think it’s the latter. You’d be able to get a good pick for Zak, compo for Billings and maybe shed Hill for the cap room to hit FA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back