Oppo Camp AFL Round 7 - Other Game Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyway yeah Collingwood are in the shitter. Outside of Pendlebury and Sidebottom, who are both ancient, they have the worst midfield group I’ve seen in a few years. That being said they will always attract talent from other clubs easily so they’ll rebound quickly, and have plenty of underrated guns up forward and down back. They need a better fitness and conditioning team though.

Will enjoy them being down while they are, but it won’t last long. 3-4 years maybe.

Also it’s obviously not easy to debut for a bottom side but I was disappointed we didn’t get Finlay Macrae in the draft because I thought he could make a real immediate impact for us in the kind of role JJ is playing and honestly based on his output so far I’m not as disappointed- obviously has a bit of talent and this matters little in the long run but in terms of short term impact I’m more satisfied now to wait it out with Bowey and Laurie bc from what I’ve seen Macrae doesn’t seem to have the fitness base or early composure to really impact as I’d have liked.

Don't remember everyone being so happy for Sylvia when he pissed away his career
Pretty confident that he didn’t get traded to another AFL club after Freo and his career was over. Loved Col, but as you said he pissed his career away and didn’t get a third chance like Jesse. So, go Jesse.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Pretty confident that he didn’t get traded to another AFL club after Freo and his career was over. Loved Col, but as you said he pissed his career away and didn’t get a third chance like Jesse. So, go Jesse.
Yeah Sylvia didn't use an excuse to leave us at 23. He stayed till 27 or so then left.

All Hogan is to me is a potential Melbourne champion who didn't want to be, I feel nothing about him anymore. He left us. Jeremy Howe gave us just as much service.

I'm with you. He'll tear a game apart every 5-6 weeks on average (Haven't seen it at all this season) but otherwise he's just plods around doing not much, yet he's still spoken about in the same sentence with the games elite players which is absurd.

He needs a preseason like Trac had in '19-'20 where the penny drops and he gets serious about his training and gets an elite AFL level of fitness. Tho I don't see that happening, he already gets the money and the credit of players far better than him, and I don't think he's got the brain power required to reach that conclusion.
This DeGoey you're talking about or Colin Sylvia?

He may not have lost the playing group yet but the faithful seem to have had enough .
They really shouldn't get a say in a decision like that. I remember the Collingwood supporters calling for his head in 2016 and 2017.

Collingwood need to look at how their list got into the position it's in now, who's responsible for making those calls and ask if they were worth the risk. If the answer is no then hold those people accountable. But if you trust those people to put the list back together then why risk a new regime?

Buckley didn't write up the contracts that put them in this hole and I doubt he chose what picks to give up. They misstepped by moving on Treloar instead of DeGoey but maybe they knew Treloar was going to piss off anyway at the first sign of a rebuild.

jhong

Old man yelling at clouds
Apr 18, 2011
Wonthaggi
AFL Club
Melbourne
They really shouldn't get a say in a decision like that. I remember the Collingwood supporters calling for his head in 2016 and 2017.

Collingwood need to look at how their list got into the position it's in now, who's responsible for making those calls and ask if they were worth the risk. If the answer is no then hold those people accountable. But if you trust those people to put the list back together then why risk a new regime?

Buckley didn't write up the contracts that put them in this hole and I doubt he chose what picks to give up. They misstepped by moving on Treloar instead of DeGoey but maybe they knew Treloar was going to piss off anyway at the first sign of a rebuild.
DeGoey still has a court case to sort out , not sure anyone will bite until that’s sorted . I think their current mess is just a culmination of things , including the whole rascism issue(including joffa and a certain tweet ) , poor list management , poorly handled trade period and now a poor start to the season . If they lose to North the s**t will really hit the fan .

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
A lot of Collingwood supporters rolling with the 'coach has lost the playing group'. How could they possibly know that? I think it's pretty clear that the players aren't that good or are still quite inexperienced. It's like the Melbourne team under Bailey I have no doubt they loved the coach the team was just s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rumour doing the rounds that the lady who read the name for the checker Hughes medal went with Petracca after someone yelled 'christian' to her.

The other Christian was the winner.
Don't think that's right. Petracca said on 360 someone was trying to gesture to him over off camera that's why you see him and Gawn pointing and looking around. Then Petracca starts walking over before she even said his name.

Who would have thought a nothing award in April would be so controversial.

Also people have said Salem was the clear BoG but I think it was more line ball than that. Petracca's third quarter was insane, set up most of our forward 50 entries. Our early third quarter accendency prevented any chance of Richmond getting back into the game.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Don't think that's right. Petracca said on 360 someone was trying to gesture to him over off camera that's why you see him and Gawn pointing and looking around. Then Petracca starts walking over before she even said his name.

Who would have thought a nothing award in April would be so controversial.
Someone at the AFLs got to you

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Lol sucked in Geelong you sooky campaigners.
fu**in deserve it, never seen a more unlikeable side in my life, they play ugly football that makes me want to tear my eyes out. Selwood is a ducking sook, Chris Scott is an a grade flog who complains about everything, Hawkins is a thug with the IQ of caveman crossed with a brick, Dangerfield is all about him, me, me, me, stfu campaigner.
Go Swannies!
For some reason I read this as Tom Hawkins has the IQ of a caravan. Lol.

How many coaches get 9 years and then get a whack at a second full blown rebuild?

Also while Bucks doesn’t have control of list management he certainly has control of player development. The workhorses at the Pies are the same players that were there really when he took over from Malthouse. Pendlebury and Sidebottom. I would argue he has only developed two A graders in his time, and they were both first round picks. Yes, you need role players, but the best coaches - Clarkson, Hardwick, Beveridge - turn those second and third rounders into top liners too. Instead there’s spuds like Josh Thomas and dumb calls like Chris Maybe.
Chris Maybe. Love it. You’re reaching Freo Dokers areas there.

For some reason I read this as Tom Hawkins has the IQ of a caravan. Lol.

Chris Maybe. Love it. You’re reaching Freo Dokers areas there.

Freo Dokers is the best.

Love all his awkward photos with players
22256600_527682637564873_6653241858234428425_o.jpg

Gotta respect the committment to the bit.

GatesOfHell

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
love waking up to warm coffee and chris scott having a nice good sook.
best way to start the day.

Fancy saying publicly that you’re unhappy with your lot in life earning $800k a year to coach a footy team. Even if you are feeling miserable (as Chris Scott often seems to be) it just shows zero perspective on how 90% of the rest of us live. What a w***er.

Demon 16

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
They have the 7th youngest list in the comp actually, if you take out Mayne and Greenwood and replace them with 2 18 year old draftees they have the youngest list in the competition.

How many of the blokes you named are actually important?

Pendles, Sidey, Howe, Roughead and Mihocek. That's it.

If you ignore the media rubbish which apparently people can't Bucks has proven he can rebuild the side and take them to a GF. If not for Sheed he has similar if not better coaching record than Luke Beveridge, should we sack him aswell or are we just going to overreact to a 6 game sample size

I think we should overreact.

Back