Preview AFL Round 8 - Match Preview Collingwood@Carlton (MCG– 1:45PM)

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s wrong with you, should have gone and edited the post to prove how 100% correct you are re, as soon as it happened.
Missed opportunity there

Yep, but it sucks when someone has already quoted your post and all you can do is report there post and try to have it deleted.

Ok everyone..

Gotta prepare for my Brazilian Tinder date tonight.. told her I'd cook.. so going to Coles for some lean cuisine meals cause they taste homemade and that re.

Gives me more time to shower shave blow wave my hair manicure my eyebrows and beard and that re.

Enjoy the rest of your night.. ade gia for now.. chat soon.

Rethink your silly visions JB and get back to us with a more sensible one.

They're visions, Otto. They come to me. They arrive and live or die according to their own logic, which is beyond the power of ordinary mortals --like you or me -- to comprehend. They do not take orders or heed your wishes(*).

(*) Visions may be amenable from time to time with payment of a fee, to be negotiated upon request.

Attachments

• 1557466384068.png
    1557466384068.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 122
Last edited:
7 Bounces from the center square!!!
Now that would truly be his basketball background coming into play.
Most players would only need to take two or three.
Unless of course he is running around in circles playing a bit of keepings off just for a laugh.
7 Bounces would have him in the cheer squad.
Rethink your silly visions JB and get back to us with a more sensible one.

:musicnotes: This is how we do it :musicnotes:...

Anyone bothered to read the game thread on the Blues board? A lot of those delusional twits think they can win this, they reckon if they play as well against us as they did in the first half of the Hawks game they will win. Good lord, even if they played twice as well as they did in that hawks game they still lose by 5+ goals.
Carlton are complete trash. 2-3 quality AFL players and 15+ who would struggle in country leagues.
No

Don’t know if anyone watched the norf blues game but this has to be a 10 goal victory with how our small forwards are going

Norf had one of the most open forward lines I’ve seen and without jones to hold down the fort this should be a bloodbath

If we are legit this has to be a percentage booster

Rivalry aside, there coming off one days less rest and a huge injury list

We need to put a side away and be ruthless, one of the things that we get complacent at

Were also playing 12 players with 50 or less games.

It was 14 last week against the Kangas (Curnow is now on 51).

You're basically playing Cripps + half a TAC cup side here.

That said, with our performance last week, I think we'll be in 'make amends' mode and come out strong, with the game pretty even for the first half before you blow us away in the second.

Just as well Adams Beams Cox Aish Sier Scharenberg and Dunn are missing then.

That said, with our performance last week, I think we'll be in 'make amends' mode and come out strong, with the game pretty even for the first half before you blow us away in the second.
Cripps is a star, love watching him.

You will be helped by Kruezer's return (missing last week) who always plays well against us and Simpson is a loss.

Been having some positive visions about the game, including one where Pendles collects the ball from the centre bounce and ambles and zigs and zags his way to the forward line, and I shout at him to pass it off -- just get rid of the ******* thing! -- but he ends up taking 7 bounces and kicking the goal. I am left ashamed for doubting him and I am left awestruck.

Dunno where these visions come from, but anyway we'll end up winning this one by 27 points. I think it'll be a wrestle for most of the day, and then we find the higher gear.

Good to see Kreuzer up and about, likeable guy for Carlton people, but not as likeable as Mayne.
Surely that’s not a vision... actually a memory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You will be helped by Kruezer's return (missing last week) who always plays well against us and Simpson is a loss.

Kruezers been in and out with injury, but hes invaluable to us.

Of our 22 tomorrow, our only 100 plus gamers are Murphy, Thomas (neither the players they once were) Kruezer (important but disrupted preperation and coming off yet another injury), Casboult (meh) and Ed Curnow (good tagger and endurance runner but no star).

Compare that list to your 100+ gamers. I'd swap those 5 players just for Sidebottom or Pendles in a heartbeat.

I'd expect youthful endeavor and a kick up the ass from last weeks poor performance to spur us early and match it with you, but the cream in your team to rise to the top and do us over in the second half.

I have just worked out what a strange supporter I am. Have followed the Pies for decades and when we are doing well, I get anxious about losing but when we are not doing so well, I go to games ever so hopeful.

Just can't seem to find that happy medium.

Basically none of us think we can win this. In fact most of the discussion is focussed on how to balance our team out and whether we will respond after last week.

And do supporters think they will?

Where do you think de goey lines up most often if Beams is actually out? Does Bucks leave him where he's most terrifying or put him in the middle?

I'd like to see him left forward. Throw the gauntlet down to Marchbank or Plowman to contain him.

Moore to Mckay and howe to Curnow?

Roughy will take either McKay or Casboult, Moore the other. Langdon, Howe and Crisp to mind Curnow, McGovern and Silvagni. Is 5 tall forwards the best way for the Blues to structure up?

Kruezers been in and out with injury, but hes invaluable to us.

Of our 22 tomorrow, our only 100 plus gamers are Murphy, Thomas (neither the players they once were) Kruezer (important but disrupted preperation and coming off yet another injury), Casboult (meh) and Ed Curnow (good tagger and endurance runner but no star).

Compare that list to your 100+ gamers. I'd swap those 5 players just for Sidebottom or Pendles in a heartbeat.

I'd expect youthful endeavor and a kick up the ass from last weeks poor performance to spur us early and match it with you, but the cream in your team to rise to the top and do us over in the second half.
What is the problem with Murphy? Playing out of position or just poor form?

I have just worked out what a strange supporter I am. Have followed the Pies for decades and when we are doing well, I get anxious about losing but when we are not doing so well, I go to games ever so hopeful.

My favourite time is the next season after a flag and you feel invincible, like they can't lose.

Because Collingwood.

You're not strange at all.

The horse is just sleeping, right?

Fellas?

Fellas???

I'm surprised that you haven't put your foot down about talk of a two horse race. Surely it's a horse and a pony race. Surely Carlton are treacherous ponies. How dare they be classified with you and your brethren.

I'm surprised that you haven't put your foot down about talk of a two horse race. Surely it's a horse and a pony race. Surely Carlton are treacherous ponies. How dare they be classified with you and your brethren.

Carlton supporters might be ponies. Carlton's team can only wish they were as dangerous as ponies. They are fluffy kittens wearing pony masks.

And I am putting my hoof down. Or I will once the ******* farrier finishes. Cant get good help these days.

Welcome to our 2013 - 2017. You will duly be accorded the same level of sympathy we received. Your SFA will be delivered shortly.

And do supporters think they will?
Yes, but still don't think it'll be enough.
Roughy will take either McKay or Casboult, Moore the other. Langdon, Howe and Crisp to mind Curnow, McGovern and Silvagni. Is 5 tall forwards the best way for the Blues to structure up?
Nope, its kinda strange. Understandable when the small forwards on our list are all either injured or jsut not been up to it. Silvagni earnt his call up to the ones playing midfield in the VFL, winning clearances and kicking long range goals. In the firsts he's hardly seen a stoppage. Bolton in his presser did say that they'd be lining up differently this week. I take it to mean Curnow may take a position up on the wing and McGovern could play down back. Opening up some space for Harry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back