Preview AFL Round 8 - Match Preview Collingwood@Carlton (MCG– 1:45PM)

Remove this Banner Ad

Who would have thought after 24/7 hr analysis for 2 weeks from Klopp.. with a simple message to the Liverpool ball boys to launch the pill back at the Livepool players when the ball was out of play would result in one of the greatest results in European football history.

Our runners need to be on the ball re..
Our runner contributed to our GF defeat!

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2019-05-09/vfl-selection-sier-hellier-among-returnees

Added in Sier, but still haven't taken out Rupe. Wonder if that's just in case Beams gets up tomorrow?

We're morons if we are doing it that way. Rather than the normal way of naming the bloke in doubt and pull him out if he doesn't get up. Let's pay a $20,000 fine if he does get up. Or if we feel we have to play ducks and drakes with Carlton... Jeez.

Unfortunately, there is no way Beamer is playing

I feel like we should smash Carlton but I feel equally as confident that we will be Curnows slump buster and we will somehow be made to work all the way.
On another note looking forward to the nostalgia of a Saturday afternoon fixture- not too many of them anymore.

It be there Grand Final tommorow

We're morons if we are doing it that way. Rather than the normal way of naming the bloke in doubt and pull him out if he doesn't get up. Let's pay a $20,000 fine if he does get up. Or if we feel we have to play ducks and drakes with Carlton... Jeez.

Yeah, that's how I thought they would go about it. name him, and if he doesn't get right, then rupe can come in. Conflicting info. First Bucks said they would give him until the day, and then the same day they don't even name him.
Unless they didn't because they didn't think Beama would be right and rather give him the week off.

Jmac as you go to the games, does it look like we don’t get the ball a lot from the centre?

That’s the real stat. Which team has the most control.

To the eye we do. We have the advantage.

But the opposition will counter it by, roving themselves to Grundy, or grabbing our mid that’s the initial beneficiary.

I’d rather be us than them when it comes to our centre work.
The biggest thing I notice is our ability to deny teams the centre corridor. This forces teams out wide, from which we frequently win the ball back. Our delivery into the forward 50, we are averages huge marks inside 50.

I don’t see how Carlton can get enough shots on goal to win. If we convert our chances we should win easily.

The biggest thing I notice is our ability to deny teams the centre corridor. This forces teams out wide, from which we frequently win the ball back. Our delivery into the forward 50, we are averages huge marks inside 50.

I don’t see how Carlton can get enough shots on goal to win. If we convert our chances we should win easily.

Considering the amount of rain today, and rain expected tomorrow morning, not sure how Carlton go into the game with Kruezer, McGovern, Casboult, McKay and Curnow. Alot of tall timber for what will be wet conditions you think.

Even without Cox we’ll get more shots on goal.

Could be as simple as they prepared the VFL squad before confirming Beams wasn't going to play but lets go with your suggestion, reads better.

Pendles collects the ball from the centre bounce and ends up taking 7 bounces and kicking the goal.
7 Bounces from the center square!!!
Now that would truly be his basketball background coming into play.
Most players would only need to take two or three.
Unless of course he is running around in circles playing a bit of keepings off just for a laugh.
7 Bounces would have him in the cheer squad.
Rethink your silly visions JB and get back to us with a more sensible one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last week was a half a point disaster for me re.. so playing it safe this week.. just offloaded a gorilla on the Pies at 39.5+.

Was tempted to go for the 87.5+ but just wanted a sure bet this time round.

Wish me luck.
Who's kicking the first sauso roll re? I'm thinking WHE.

Anyone bothered to read the game thread on the Blues board? A lot of those delusional twits think they can win this, they reckon if they play as well against us as they did in the first half of the Hawks game they will win. Good lord, even if they played twice as well as they did in that hawks game they still lose by 5+ goals.
Carlton are complete trash. 2-3 quality AFL players and 15+ who would struggle in country leagues.

Anyone bothered to read the game thread on the Blues board? A lot of those delusional twits think they can win this, they reckon if they play as well against us as they did in the first half of the Hawks game they will win. Good lord, even if they played twice as well as they did in that hawks game they still lose by 5+ goals.
Carlton are complete trash. 2-3 quality AFL players and 15+ who would struggle in country leagues.
Well technically they are in a two horse race, it's just a shame they had to shoot their horse.

Basically none of us think we can win this. In fact most of the discussion is focussed on how to balance our team out and whether we will respond after last week.

Where do you think de goey lines up most often if Beams is actually out? Does Bucks leave him where he's most terrifying or put him in the middle?

Moore to Mckay and howe to Curnow?

Basically none of us think we can win this. In fact most of the discussion is focussed on how to balance our team out and whether we will respond after last week.

Where do you think de goey lines up most often if Beams is actually out? Does Bucks leave him where he's most terrifying or put him in the middle?

De Goey roams the Savanna at will in search of prey, we don't really have any control over him, we just let him out of the cage once a week to feed.

I'm blushing a bit, now.

Note: Do not gamble your money upon my predictions, they can miss the mark. In a preview thread in 2016 I submitted a vision that we would be down by 5 points with seconds to go, and that Treloar would snap a winning goal to give Collingwood a one-point win over the Tiges. Turned out it was Grundy...yep, Grundy! How wrong I was.
What’s wrong with you, should have gone and edited the post to prove how 100% correct you are re, as soon as it happened.
Missed opportunity there

Wills and Mayne in for Adams and Beams, which suggests JDG will continue his role in the forward line with occasional midfield bursts. He was injured through preseason so he wasn't able to work on building endurance the way they wanted to. Blessing and a curse though as he's so damaging up forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back