Preview AFL Round 9 - Match Preview St. Kilda@Collingwood (MCG– 1:45PM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprooseMoose

Team Captain
Jun 8, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
From nervously checking the scores every couple of min when I was out and about, to getting back home, and checking - WOW! What a difference! I look forward to checking out a replay asap!

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
I get the craving for percentage but it's a marathon boys and girls and not a sprint.

Go back and check the records for Geelong in 2011 - they were never front runners but picked up conditioning and cohesiveness during the year to finally hit the finals series in absolute peak fitness and form.

Like any other sportspeople football players have just so many litres in the gas tank, if you run them full throttle all season you are going to cause breakdowns and loss of form.

It's all about peaking at the pointy end and making it count in the only meaningful way.

Speaking of peaking . . .

That pass from Sidey to Brodie at full pace deliberately from the outside of the foot . . .

Can I say it Bruce???!!!!

SPECIAL

Feb 8, 2007
Point Cook
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Spurs
Brilliant last quarter, and it must be provoking for the rest of the competition that we can play poorly for majority of the game and still end up winning by 7 goals. I really hope Reidy's body holds up, l really liked his game. Tough selection coming up with Coxy back, and Mihocek, who l initially thought may make way, definitely stays in. Sidey good all day with Treloar, and Grundy brilliant as usual. Thought our backline was superb today, considering the Saints inside 50 count and with Langdon going down.
Scary to think DeGoey, Moore, Adams, Elliott, Cox all to return to the side. Go Pies!!

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
Brilliant last quarter, and it must be provoking for the rest of the competition that we can play poorly for majority of the game and still end up winning by 7 goals. I really hope Reidy's body holds up, l really liked his game. Tough selection coming up with Coxy back, and Mihocek, who l initially thought may make way, definitely stays in. Sidey good all day with Treloar, and Grundy brilliant as usual. Thought our backline was superb today, considering the Saints inside 50 count and with Langdon going down.
Scary to think DeGoey, Moore, Adams, Elliott, Cox all to return to the side. Go Pies!!
We are travelling at about half rat power at present with a huge chunk of our A grade talent out and a further few yet to find their usual touch.

I love it!

Building nicely and you can almost hear the grinding of teeth in the commentary box lol.

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
We are modless, no close thread and make autopsy thread. Does this mean we can go wild?!

giphy.gif

What’s langdons injury
Had strapping around his knee, went back on the ground in the first half with it, but aggravated it and couldn't run as he left the race after half time. They removed the strapping and again he couldn't jog before the second half started. Was re-strapped and tested unsuccessfully on the boundary before going down to the rooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back