Preview AFL Round 9 - Match Preview St. Kilda@Collingwood (MCG– 1:45PM)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
seen a few people saying it on Facebook. Not reliable I know, but to come on here and to see a post from toecrusher about he might miss isnt sounding to good :/
Who probably saw it on FB....

Had a mate tell me earlier today there's a big name out. Came back later with Darcy.
A pretty good source, but has occasionally been wrong.
Also said earlier in the week Jordy would be out.
If he's wrong, I might have choose my mates more carefully....

No doubt our weakest team of the year, especially if Dr Goey doesn't get up.
Varcoe needs to find form and Reid needs to be serviceable.
I'll take any size win.

If De Goey plays I’d say we’re stronger than last week, but agree it’s far from our best... just want the 4 points.

If De Goey plays I’d say we’re stronger than last week, but agree it’s far from our best... just want the 4 points.
It's not actually that far from our best. Elliott, Cox in. Maybe Mayne? Maybe Sier and Wells? But none of them by a huge distance over the bloke who would get pushed out.

It's not actually that far from our best. Elliott, Cox in. Maybe Mayne? Maybe Sier and Wells? But none of them by a huge distance over the bloke who would get pushed out.

Adams? I’d agree though. The best 22 is a very fluid concept and people should probably broaden their thinking to the best 30.

Some of you will believe anything re Moore!

Last edited:
Moore seen in same room as Jamie Elliott.

Rumour has it.....

(Nigerian Prince has funds too)

Would be a sick call to "rest" Moore given there's not a single tall defender in the emergencies.

If it's a legit injury it's poor planning to not have a tall in the emergencies, and if it's a rest it's hubris from the club in the face of Elliott and potentially De Goey out.

Would be a sick call to "rest" Moore given there's not a single tall defender in the emergencies.

Not to buy in on the prospect of Moore being a late out, but that means little. Aish or Quaynor just comes in and Langdon or Howe plays taller.

If De GOEY & Moore both don’t play, I think we have to bring in Wells & Wills.

Send Mihocek/Reid to the backline.

Get Wills to compete in the forward line.

Wells plays in forward/midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not to buy in on the prospect of Moore being a late out, but that means little. Aish or Quaynor just comes in and Langdon or Howe plays taller.

Actually think that’s a better idea than mine.

Bruce is 197cms - Roughead should be able to handle him

M.Parker/Membery are 190cms - Langdon & Howe should handle these players.

In : Aish & Wells
Out : Moore & De GOEY.

Have you taken note of who the St Kilda KPF's are likely to be?

Bruce (197cm) and Membrey (188cm). Even if they throw Marsh (194) or Battle (193) forward I think we've got the options to cover them should Moore be a late omission.

Yeah word is we're gonna rest both De Goey and Moore.

So we're basically throwing this match at this point.

Awesome.
You know we made a grand final without Moore last year, right?

Wills as a tall forward? Nah. No need to shift Reid or Mihocek back. Even if Moore is out, we nearly won a Premiership with Howe, Goldsack and Langdon playing as tall defenders, I don't see why Howe, Roughhead and Langdon can't stop the St Kilda talls.

Wills as a tall forward? Nah. No need to shift Reid or Mihocek back. Even if Moore is out, we nearly won a Premiership with Howe, Goldsack and Langdon playing as tall defenders, I don't see why Howe, Roughhead and Langdon can't stop the St Kilda talls.

If posters actually read the whole thread they would see that I changed my opinion in my very next post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back