Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Ok, so one option for us to get into finals is now done. Didn't expect GC to win, but they had their chances tonight. Collingwood were less than impressive.

booshboy

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Gold Coast pissed this away.

So we're down to needing Freo to beat the Dogs (most likely IMO) or GWS beating Saints and us flogging Essendon by enough to make up the %?

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Ew at the footy media, dropping Coniglio was a huge mistake, blew up in their face etc.
Yet if GWS kick one more goal then Cameron is a genius, one of the great coaching moves etc.
Tom Morris has been fapping over this scenario all year too.

How disappointing that decent reporters like Marc Macgowan lose their jobs, but dogshit like Morris and Maclure keep getting to peddle their bullshit every night.

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Watching GC and wanting them to win is a bit like watching Melbourne. Not good for your health doing that twice in a week. That goal square fu**up was the turning point.
If I was any coach, if be furious at a player playing on from top of the square like that. Even if he kicks the goal, he Rob's his team mates of 20 seconds extra break. And the double whammy to opposition of seeing a player take the mark resigned to conceding a goal, then the actual goal and celebration. Just a mental thing that I think is underrated, especially for a young team having a good crack.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Tom Morris has been fapping over this scenario all year too.

How disappointing that decent reporters like Marc Macgowan lose their jobs, but dogshit like Morris and Maclure keep getting to peddle their bullshit every night.
Absolutely pi$$es me off seeing good journo's getting the a$$ right now when scumbag journo's like the two you mentioned still keeping theirs. Does anyone at all even like Maclure or Morris? I don't know one football supporter who doesn't dislike these two greatly. Doesn't make sense, and it's hurting the brand IMO. I can't watch some of these football shows because I despise these guys so much.

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Absolutely pi$$es me off seeing good journo's getting the a$$ right now when scumbag journo's like the two you mentioned still keeping theirs. Does anyone at all even like Maclure or Morris? I don't know one football supporter who doesn't dislike these two greatly. Doesn't make sense, and it's hurting the brand IMO. I can't watch some of these football shows because I despise these guys so much.
Browne- bottom feeding grub who would have a subscription to no less than 17 erotic websites, costing thousands a month, but cheap in comparison to a lifetime in jail if ever his browser history became public.
Maclure - self indulgent cry jerker who would have multiple, full size mirrors in his room to watch himself, only stopping to breathe to avoid asphyxiation, but never to stop viewing himself.
Robinson- pisswrecked walking heart attack, not only is he as incoherent as he is intolerable, but he epitomizes every Essendon supporter you're ever likely to meet- and that is not a positive.

I'll save this for Tom Morris.

If there is a football personality I've ever met or followed in 25 years watching footy who is less worthy, less deserving or less credible than Tom Morris, I'm yet to see them. If I could make a case for any other poor, unliked sport journalist, against Tom Morris, as being poor or unliked, I'll end up talking myself into nominating said other sport journalist for a Walkley award. I am personally offended for all of the trees that suck in carbon dioxide excreted from the mouth of Tom Morris. The audacity of Tom Morris to speak down the camera on air as if he is some learned professor, when spruiking opinion pieces akin to the now defunct woman's weekly, must make respected former media commentators like Scott palmer etc shake their heads in shame. But Tom wouldn't feel shame. I just hope that Toms family know that we don't blame them for him.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Eagles taking the piss surely.
Both teams seemingly tanking. This is quite possibly the worst AFL game I have ever watched. Truly terrible. Surely the lure of a Top 4 spot is enough to get the Eagles up in the last? And Norf with a chance for #1 draft pick if the lose. I expect the Kangas to not get the ball past the halfway mark this quarter. Would be stupid of them to win really...

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Both teams seemingly tanking. This is quite possibly the worst AFL game I have ever watched. Truly terrible. Surely the lure of a Top 4 spot is enough to get the Eagles up in the last? And Norf with a chance for #1 draft pick if the lose. I expect the Kangas to not get the ball past the halfway mark this quarter. Would be stupid of them to win really...
Except the number 1 pick is the most overrated aspect of our sport

Feb 18, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Saints are looking pretty cooked themselves. Couldn’t get up against a worse eagles team than the one north pushed all the way last night. Leon Cameron said he’s gonna release the shackles and let them play. If he does I think the giants still have way more talent and will get up and win this only for us to blow it tomorrow. Giants need a 9 goal win to push their % above the saints as well. Highly unlikely but you never know.

I also need the giants to win for footy tipping purposes so my views are probably heavily skewed

NORTH Melbourne has started what promises to be a savage list cull, with 11 players informed they won't be offered a contract for next season.

Leadership group members Jamie Macmillan and Jasper Pittard are among them, while Majak Daw's incredible comeback from serious injuries sustained two years ago looks over.

Ben Jacobs, Paul Ahern, Mason Wood, Sam Durdin, Marley Williams, Joel Crocker, Lachie Hosie and Tom Murphy round out the Kangaroos delistings.

---

Wasn't Paul Ahern meant to be the second coming this time last year?

I'd definitely consider Daw as a KPD for free.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
I can't see GWS beating Saints. Giants have looked dysfunctional all season. Would be bloody nice though if they got flogged. Would give us something real to aim at tomorrow I guess knowing if we win by a certain amount we are in the 8 instead of relying on WB to lose (which I don't think they will).

NORTH Melbourne has started what promises to be a savage list cull, with 11 players informed they won't be offered a contract for next season.

Leadership group members Jamie Macmillan and Jasper Pittard are among them, while Majak Daw's incredible comeback from serious injuries sustained two years ago looks over.

Ben Jacobs, Paul Ahern, Mason Wood, Sam Durdin, Marley Williams, Joel Crocker, Lachie Hosie and Tom Murphy round out the Kangaroos delistings.

---

Wasn't Paul Ahern meant to be the second coming this time last year?

I'd definitely consider Daw as a KPD for free.
Mason Wood had a couple of flashy games last year too. He'd fit right in with our flakey forwardline.
Agree Daw would be ok as depth.

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Saints are looking pretty cooked themselves. Couldn’t get up against a worse eagles team than the one north pushed all the way last night. Leon Cameron said he’s gonna release the shackles and let them play. If he does I think the giants still have way more talent and will get up and win this only for us to blow it tomorrow. Giants need a 9 goal win to push their % above the saints as well. Highly unlikely but you never know.

I also need the giants to win for footy tipping purposes so my views are probably heavily skewed
If the Giants win by approximately 10 goals and we only fall over the line against the Bombers there is a scenario where GWS leapfrog us on %.

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
GWS need Toby Greene to turn it on. They've only looked functional this year with him up and firing.

Hope he kicks 5 Saints players in the face, studs up

Back