AFL says yes to extra sponsorship spot on guernseys

Remove this Banner Ad

A Banderas

All Australian
Nov 2, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Will this become a league wide thing ?

no this is not a joke. The afl have allowed st kilda to sell the manufacturers logo spot on their guernsey to add another sponsorship

the guernseys are made by isc but the spot where their logo would have been is now sold to Dare Ice coffee

another great decision by gill and the boyz

A43D3801-01A7-4134-91B9-B01F58C8FFAF.jpeg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did a bit of googling on this and Holy s**t I could not believe how much the big football clubs in Europe get for Guernsey advertising..... I had to triple check it but yes that is what Manchester United get for a single year from their Guernsey sponsors.

1576012620767.png

By the numbers: This season, Manchester United will receive $91.9 million from Adidas (kit supplier), $80 million from Chevrolet (main sponsor) and $27.5 million from Kohler (sleeve sponsor). Total: $199.4 million.

• Nike is paying $1 billion over eight years to be the official apparel provider for all 30 NBA teams, while Adidas is paying $919 million over 10 years to be the official supplier for Manchester United, alone.
https://www.axios.com/premier-leagu...rts-e853a860-9708-4eb5-961d-00f8c041bd6a.html

Would you support Hawthorn changing their name to the Tasmania Hawks to bring in extra money? There are lines.

Like South Melbourne changed their name when they went to Sydney?

If Hawthorn did move (heaven forbid), then yeah, I'd imagine the name would be changed.

Anyways, the jumpers are already covered with advertising logos, so I don't see why there should be such a fuss over what the Saints are doing (or any other club for that matter). All they've done is cover one logo with another one.

Like South Melbourne changed their name when they went to Sydney?

If Hawthorn did move (heaven forbid), then yeah, I'd imagine the name would be changed.

Anyways, the jumpers are already covered with advertising logos, so I don't see why there should be such a fuss over what the Saints are doing (or any other club for that matter). All they've done is cover one logo with another one.
It would be the same as if Man utd covered the adidas logo on the chest of their shirt with another sponsor

cheapens the shirt, cheapens the club

do you want Jif cream replacing the adidas logo on the Hawthorn jumper. They would then have the afl logo, the jif logo and tasmania, just lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back