Prediction AFL season 2021 predictions. What will the game look like?

Remove this Banner Ad

Robots will take the field wielding swords n lazer beams. At half time they will replace them with batons and light sabers.

Magnificent.

The biggest concern facing the healthcare system is running out of ICU beds.

Currently Australia is absolutely destroying other countries statistically on this whole thing.

There is no guarantee a vaccine will ever even exist.

Considering the effects on the economy and mental health of the nation, as long as numbers stay low then even without a vaccine we should we see most things returning to normal sooner rather than later.
If their are plenty of beds available and the mortality rate is lower than other diseases, why would we still see footy postponed in Match 2021 after 12 months of vigilance?

Given 5 minutes thought to next year in terms of trying to think how we even go forward with the comps just below AFL in Victoria.

I only see two ways forward. Either we go the full course to an AFL reserves league which means no list cuts backs, but salary cap cut backs. So the players overall get less but no drop in how many players each club have.

The second option of cutting back lists to 35 eventually means a reserves league is not possible but also the AFL clubs having a seconds team is no longer do-able in present leagues they play in. If we go this second option it means to me in Victoria we probably have to start a new feeder league here.
The way I see it is the under 18 TAC clubs get streamlined into a feeder league here where each club in it has an under 18 team and senior team.
Any AFL players from Victoria that not in their senior AFL team play with their original TAC club for it's open age team.

Vic Nab League would be limited to 12 clubs to make sure the standard of senior teams is good enough quality for AFL players not in senior team still have decent standard footy to play in.

Such a league could be as such:

Port Melbourne (traditional VFA club and gets it's own under 18 TAC side going forward)
Williamstown (traditional VFA club and takes over Western Jets in under 18 TAC as Williamstown Seagulls)
Sandringham (tradtional VFA club and re-names Sandringham TAC side as Sandringham Zebras)
Frankston Dolphins (takes over Dandenong Stingrays in under 18 TAC)
Eastern Ranges (only had a TAC under 18 but now gets a senior side too)
Geelong Falcons (as above)
Northern Knighrts (as above)
Calder Cannons (as above)
Gippsland Power
Murray Bushrangers
Bendigo Pioneers
Greater Western Rebels

I prefer to have a full AFL reserve comp and stick to current AFL list sizes and just reduce the salary cup to what clubs can afford.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back