Fixture AFL Season 2023 Full Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Or say when you have a wedding or some VIP function to go to on a Saturday in the middle of July and you don't know when the Lions are playing and then BAM Brisbane vs Richmond at the Gabba on THAT same day and time, and you already RSVP'd the wedding/VIP function months in advance and the game was scheduled like a week ago. Its a nightmare.
Yes saying I understand it (in principle) is not the same as saying I like it 😉

Pies have our first replay against crows after the r14 bye. Also, any reason why big freeze is a pies home game 2 years in a row? I thought it alternated...

Its weird the massive table at the top says its pies home game but ik its a dees home game...
Yeah fair enough
This is gonna be our first home Queens/Kings Birthday Big Freeze game at the MCG since 2018!
I always thought it was a bit of a stitch up that we didn't get it in 2022 considering the 2021 was at the SCG - but also kindve fair enough considering we had it all those other years

Last edited:
Pies season start:
Round 1: of course with our luck we're the first to face reigning premiers, we'll lose that one but a good game regardless (ofc, its friday night mcg)
Round 2: shouldnt be an issue dealing with the power at home on saturday arvo
Round 3: another friday night mcg cracker against richmond, pies win by single digit margin
Round 4: zero chance we beat lions at gabba on thursday night
Round 5: saints have no hope at sunday twilight on gather round

Pies season start:
Round 1: of course with our luck we're the first to face reigning premiers, we'll lose that one but a good game regardless (ofc, its friday night mcg)
Round 3: another friday night mcg cracker against richmond, pies win by single digit margin
Fascinating stuff, cheers.

Pies season start:
Cats may not have Hawk or Cameron playing round 1… wouldn’t be so down on that fixture, pies probably win… no Gin for you obviously after yesterday though.

Does anyone know where you can still get paper footy fixtures, like the ones they used to hand out in banks and the like?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still no reasoning by the AFL behind why rounds 16 - 24 are still floating fixtures, even though that measure was only brought in due to COVID, which now “touchwood” won’t be a massive factor in the AFL and around the country / world.
It’s about making sure they avoid putting a team that performs poorly and hence won’t draw a crowd in prime time slots as much as possible.

It’s about making sure they avoid putting a team that performs poorly and hence won’t draw a crowd in prime time slots as much as possible.
A.K.A- Caring about the TV broadcasters and partnerships for greater financial benefit of the AFL more than the actually fans who have to organise travel and arrange free dates around the year to see their club play.

I can see what the AFL cares about most these days and it isn’t about the fans, that’s for sure :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back