Game Day AFL Semi-Final - Matchday Discussion Collingwood@Geelong(Gabba – 7:40PM EDT)

Remove this Banner Ad

When Pendlebury just watched Ablett take the ball and u-turn in that first quarter, that's when I knew we were f’ed. Softest sh*t I've ever seen him do.
I posted that I found it disappointing that he made the all Australian squad

I felt at the time it was a bit of a indictment on the support the club offered
He is not and has not been a extractor
A first hands on player

I would move him to half back flank or wing

Nobles size is a liability

Actually, pissing on a Carlton guernsey makes the navy blue darker, almost a black. Pissing on a Collingwood guernsey, especially on the white stripes against the black can cause some yellowness which would better relate to your point.
Didn't know Richmond wore Athens FC jumpers

Wonder how many players will show up to pre-season in poor condition *cough* JDG *cough*

Every ******* year.

I've been watching us lose finals in a variety of ways for 55 years now. Witnessed 11 grand final defeats. two draws, most of them in games where we had a good lead or were still a chance late in the last quarter. But we continue to fall short. We invariably fail when it matters. As I posted earlier, the powerhouse clubs win a flag and then follow up with a period of dominance and multiple flags. Hawthorn, Carlton, Richmond, Geelong , West Coast all managed to do this. Then we have Adelaide who were nowhere near the best side in the two years they won flags, yet they grabbed their opportunity. The Dogs did the same. Mediocre to poor for years, make it into a grannie during a hot run and they bloody well win it.

We hover around the eight and play finals on a regular basis but never seem to get the job done. Two flags in over sixty years and countless prelim and GF appearances is pathetic. I am sick of those whose first step is to attack anyone who is fed up or shattered with this endless failure and wants to express their angst.

I have every right to be angry and deflated after yet another dismal performance and final's exit.

Be angry all you like , just stop throwing your toys out of the cot like its going to achieve anything. Its tiresome reading absolute childish posts in anger after a loss , then seeing every player from pendles to Atu being up for trade. Level headed approach is something a lot of posters lack. " oh but ive seen so much failure" yeah not the only one broseph. Pessimistic approach gains nothing and when you cant even control the club , you just wind yourself up for nothing

We were never getting near the flag this year , if you thought so heading into the cats match you set yourself up for disappointment.

He's surrounded by hacks tonight what do you expect.

When pies had a full deck defensive lineup Moore fires on all cylinder because he doesn't have to be out of position making up for others.

Moore deserved that AA and would be best key defender on any of the top 6 teams.
Moore has been awesome for us (not tonight but in general). But his decision making can be poor. I'll be happy if he never takes a kick out again. The vision from behind is telling. You can see before he even kicks it a lot of the time that he's going to kick it straight to an opposition player. In general play he takes too long and often telegrapghs his kicks. None of these things are due to the players around him.

The gap between a good game and a poor game from our best players is just massive. Take out Adams and Pendles, but when JDG, Stevo, Moore, Treloar, WHE, Elliot, Grundy, Mayne have bad games they don’t give us much at all. How can we have a salary cap issue ??Then our bottom 6 and lack of depth kills us. Cox, Mags, Noble, Maynard, Cameron, IQ, Checkers and Crisp prob don’t get a game in top 4 teams. Howe and Sidey to come back but jeez we are miles away with this list.

Disagree with the Maynard and Crisp comment

The gap between a good game and a poor game from our best players is just massive. Take out Adams and Pendles, but when JDG, Stevo, Moore, Treloar, WHE, Elliot, Grundy, Mayne have bad games they don’t give us much at all. How can we have a salary cap issue ??Then our bottom 6 and lack of depth kills us. Cox, Mags, Noble, Maynard, Cameron, IQ, Checkers and Crisp prob don’t get a game in top 4 teams. Howe and Sidey to come back but jeez we are miles away with this list.
Hahaha, you can't be serious. Maynard, Crisp and Checkers don't get a game for Brisbane, Port, Geelong or Richmond? LOL

I think there's a connection between some of the performances over those decades and the weak attitudes of fans like yourself. I'm feeling so sorry for you, you poor old thing. Gone to all those games and feel like you deserve an award or something? Life can be tough sunshine. Toughen up you weak bastard. Bleating about how outside factors have broken you heart? Do you need a pat on the head or something? Poor professor. You deserve so much better. Feel better? Go and support one of those other teams that you seem to be so impressed with. The pies definitely need to get rid of some of the whining baggage that it has accumulated over the years.
Your TDS is on full display champ! 😀Stop pretending this is about the footy. How embarrassingly transparent. I am concerned about you. Are you okay? Please reach out to someone..

Be angry all you like , just stop throwing your toys out of the cot like its going to achieve anything. Its tiresome reading absolute childish posts in anger after a loss , then seeing every player from pendles to Atu being up for trade. Level headed approach is something a lot of posters lack. " oh but ive seen so much failure" yeah not the only one broseph. Pessimistic approach gains nothing and when you cant even control the club , you just wind yourself up for nothing

We were never getting near the flag this year , if you thought so heading into the cats match you set yourself up for disappointment.
Please quote the list of players I said we should we delist or trade. You are confusing me with someone else.
Why were we never getting near a flag this year? We beat Geelong, had tough, tight games with port and Brisbane and drew with Richmond. We played brilliant footy a week ago.
Now suddenly it was all an illusion and we were all kidding ourselves to think we could knock off the Cats.
Tell that to all the cat supporters who were so pessimistic on their forum
It's so easy to write we were never a remote chance after the game is over. Did you predict this performance before the game?
I

Moore has been awesome for us (not tonight but in general). But his decision making can be poor. I'll be happy if he never takes a kick out again. The vision from behind is telling. You can see before he even kicks it a lot of the time that he's going to kick it straight to an opposition player. In general play he takes too long and often telegrapghs his kicks. None of these things are due to the players around him.
I think in general play his kicking is good. He is one of the few that can kick low trajectory. His problem is when noone is making a lead and he just kicks it into a pack. Even his kick ins are okay if he has a target and he kicks the ball low and fast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please quote the list of players I said we should we delist or trade. You are confusing me with someone else.
Why were we never getting near a flag this year? We beat Geelong, had tough, tight games with port and Brisbane and drew with Richmond. We played brilliant footy a week ago.
Now suddenly it was all an illusion and we were all kidding ourselves to think we could knock off the Cats.
Tell that to all the cat supporters who were so pessimistic on their forum
It's so easy to write we were never a remote chance after the game is over. Did you predict this performance before the game?
I

Didnt predict a thrashing or a loss. Any win after last week was a bonus.

Missing two of our top 5 players in Howe and Sidebottom. Playing Cameron, Madgen, Mayne , JT, Roughhead is one passenger too many

Maynard probably would.
And Crisp.I see we're going through the stage now where people think none of our players are any good.Did people think that before the game last night?I think most people were pretty bullish about our chances.I don't remember anyone saying that our list wasn't good enough before the game.

Your TDS is on full display champ! 😀Stop pretending this is about the footy. How embarrassingly transparent. I am concerned about you. Are you okay? Please reach out to someone..

tds? you saw thru me.....yes I have Totally Displeasure at Sooks syndrome....i'm trying to work thru it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back