List Mgmt. AFL Senior List Contract Status

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
SYDNEY SWANS CONTRACT STATUS (Updated 10-APR-2024)

The minimum list size for each club will be 37, which can be made up of as little as 36 senior listed players and one rookie.

To reach 44, clubs can carry 36-38 senior listed players, four to six Category A rookies, and two Category B rookies.

List make up - 37 Senior Listed players, 5 Category A rookies and 2 Category B rookie.

Contract Expires - 2024:
Harry Arnold (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Jack Buller (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Harry Cunningham
William Edwards (Cat B Rookie 2nd Year)
Oliver Florent
Robbie Fox
Aaron Francis
Will Hayward
Indhi Kirk (Cat B Rookie 1st Year)
Jacob Konstanty
Jaiden Magor (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Lachlan McAndrew (Cat A Rookie 3rd Year)
Logan McDonald
Lewis Melican
Caleb Mitchell
Sam Reid (Cat A Rookie 1st Year)
Cooper Vickery

Contract Expires - 2025:
Braeden Campbell
Caiden Cleary
Joel Hamling
Peter Ladhams
Jake Lloyd
Luke Parker
Dane Rampe
Matthew Roberts
Angus Sheldrick
Patrick Snell
Chad Warner
Corey Warner
Sam Wicks
John Longmire (Senior Coach)

Contract Expires - 2026:
Taylor Adams
Joel Amartey
Will Green
James Jordon
Justin McInerney

Contract Expires- 2027:
Brodie Grundy
Tom McCartin
Hayden McLean

Contract Expires - 2028:
Errol Gulden
Issac Heeney
Tom Papley
James Rowbottom

Contract Expires - 2029:
Callum Mills

Contract Expires - 2031:
Nick Blakey

Last edited:
Fantastic. And well done to him.

I'm very keen to see what he can do next year. I wanted him in the side after the pre-season and it seems in hindsight that was premature because it seemed to take him a while to really get going this year in all aspects of his game but from all accounts he has destroyed the NEAFL this year and he has that thing all Swans fans want in our senior side - the ability to hit targets and be daring with the ball. Ensure his defence is good and I think we've got something very promising here.

Contract Expires - 2016:
Abe Davis
Tom Derickx
Kyle Galloway (Cat B Rookie - 1st Year)
Jordan Foote (Cat A Rookie - 2nd Year)
Jack Hiscox
Alex Johnson
Harry Marsh (Cat A Rookie - 1st Year)
Lewis Melican (Cat A Rookie - 2nd Year)
Tom Mitchell
Ben McGlynn
Sam Murray (Cat B Rookie - 1st Year)
Toby Nankervis
Ted Richards (Retiring End of Season)
Xavier Richards
Dean Towers

Thought I would raise this here. At the moment we 30 players signed to Senior List Contract and 1 player to a Rookie List Contract. That leaves 8 senior list spots remaining if we stay with a list size of 38.

With Ted's retirement we currently have 8 senior listed players out of contract, while all the rookie listed players (even Foote and Marsh who played senior football this year) we have the option to keep on the rookie list for another year, so unless nothing major happens for here either promotion wise or delistment wise we have 2 open spots there.

Clearly the trade talk around Mitchell and the Hawks will the key to how the rest of list develops before we get to the draft. Don't be surprised if we look to trade for future picks late in the draft period once we are finished with our outgoing trades

SYDNEY SWANS CONTRACT STATUS (Updated 22-AUG-2016)

Contract Expires - 2016:
Abe Davis
Tom Derickx
Kyle Galloway (Cat B Rookie - 1st Year)
Jordan Foote (Cat A Rookie - 2nd Year)
Jack Hiscox
Alex Johnson
Harry Marsh (Cat A Rookie - 1st Year)
Lewis Melican (Cat A Rookie - 2nd Year)
Tom Mitchell
Ben McGlynn
Sam Murray (Cat B Rookie - 1st Year)
Toby Nankervis
Ted Richards (Retiring End of Season)
Xavier Richards
Dean Towers

Contract Expires - 2017:
Brandon Jack
Jarrad McVeigh
Sam Reid

Contract Expires - 2018:
Callum Sinclair

Contract Expires - 2019:
Harry Cunningham

2017-2019 will be great to see the end of these guys Ive kept above, Reid and Sinclair keen to free up their salaries for Heeney and Mills and Mcveigh's will no doubt be needed for their too. What were we thinking Cunningham till 2019 haha.

Of the 2016 guys I can see Drex cut, AJ rookied, T.Richards gone, Mcglyn cut, hiscox cut, davis cut. That frees up 6 senior list spots doesnt it? I think it does.

Foote, Marsh, Papely, Newman upgraded to senior list.

So two live picks unless we trade one of Towers to Tigers, Titchel to Carlton/Hawks/GC, Nankervis to about every club into him.

Have I read that all right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought it was widely reported Sinclair received a 4 year deal. If so, that means his deal would expire end of 2019.

I've seen nothing offical to back that up from the club website or since the trade went though via news articles, just the rumour at the time that we were. So I played it safe with him and Talia (who I also don't have anything to go with).

I've seen nothing offical to back that up from the club website or since the trade went though via news articles, just the rumour at the time that we were. So I played it safe with him and Talia (who I also don't have anything to go with).

Do you think Talia will play another game for us? or will he just be banished to the NEAFL and forgotten about and then delisted at the end of 2017.

2017-2019 will be great to see the end of these guys Ive kept above, Reid and Sinclair keen to free up their salaries for Heeney and Mills and Mcveigh's will no doubt be needed for their too. What were we thinking Cunningham till 2019 haha.

Of the 2016 guys I can see Drex cut, AJ rookied, T.Richards gone, Mcglyn cut, hiscox cut, davis cut. That frees up 6 senior list spots doesnt it? I think it does.

So two live picks unless we trade one of Towers to Tigers, Titchel to Carlton/Hawks/GC, Nankervis to about every club into him.

Yep 2 live picks before we do the above suggested trades Edit: Forgot about Xavier re-signing. In anycase we can't automatically downgrade AJ to the rookie list without delisting him first and exposing him to the National Draft and the early part of the Rookie Draft. So as much as we would say no club would pick him, we won't take the risk if we haven't done so at this point. But everything else is possible.

But this isn't the thread for that discussion

Last edited:
Do you think Talia will play another game for us? or will he just be banished to the NEAFL and forgotten about and then delisted at the end of 2017.

I'm confident he will...despite his off-field indiscretions I still think he is a more than handy player. I'd back in our coaching and development staff to get the best out of him, quick/athletic KPD's that can find plenty of the ball don't grow on trees. From the weekend's team, I think he would be a fairly handy upgrade on Laidler.

I'd be surprised to see Davis cut.

Mitchell, Nankervis traded.

Richards, McGlynn retired.

Drex, Hiscox delisted.

I'm confident he will...despite his off-field indiscretions I still think he is a more than handy player. I'd back in our coaching and development staff to get the best out of him, quick/athletic KPD's that can find plenty of the ball don't grow on trees. From the weekend's team, I think he would be a fairly handy upgrade on Laidler.

Hopefully he's fighting it out with AJ for that third tall spot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back