List Mgmt. AFL Senior List Contract Status

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
SYDNEY SWANS CONTRACT STATUS (Updated 10-APR-2024)

The minimum list size for each club will be 37, which can be made up of as little as 36 senior listed players and one rookie.

To reach 44, clubs can carry 36-38 senior listed players, four to six Category A rookies, and two Category B rookies.

List make up - 37 Senior Listed players, 5 Category A rookies and 2 Category B rookie.

Contract Expires - 2024:
Harry Arnold (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Jack Buller (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Harry Cunningham
William Edwards (Cat B Rookie 2nd Year)
Oliver Florent
Robbie Fox
Aaron Francis
Will Hayward
Indhi Kirk (Cat B Rookie 1st Year)
Jacob Konstanty
Jaiden Magor (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Lachlan McAndrew (Cat A Rookie 3rd Year)
Logan McDonald
Lewis Melican
Caleb Mitchell
Sam Reid (Cat A Rookie 1st Year)
Cooper Vickery

Contract Expires - 2025:
Braeden Campbell
Caiden Cleary
Joel Hamling
Peter Ladhams
Jake Lloyd
Luke Parker
Dane Rampe
Matthew Roberts
Angus Sheldrick
Patrick Snell
Chad Warner
Corey Warner
Sam Wicks
John Longmire (Senior Coach)

Contract Expires - 2026:
Taylor Adams
Joel Amartey
Will Green
James Jordon
Justin McInerney

Contract Expires- 2027:
Brodie Grundy
Tom McCartin
Hayden McLean

Contract Expires - 2028:
Errol Gulden
Issac Heeney
Tom Papley
James Rowbottom

Contract Expires - 2029:
Callum Mills

Contract Expires - 2031:
Nick Blakey

Last edited:
Paddy won’t be signed to multi year deals yet.

Could still go either way on the concussion front.

No chance

1 year Max’s

No one else was willing to take him
Given our history of signing intro prone players such as naismith I wouldn't put a multi year deal past our club.

John Ralph announced Florent is signing a two year extension last night on fox after the game.
Great News. reckon he was a priority.

others Id like to see re-sign...
Cunningham (28yrs 5mths)- I rate him higher than many on this board. Still got 2-3 years of being a good small defender. We're missing him!
Gould (21yrs) - shown improvement this year, could still have a big future.
McAndrew (22yrs) - Seems to be developing well - Need rucks coming through
Paddy (26yrs 1 mth) - Still reckon he might play forward post Buddy / Reid. Regardless, very important in defence.
COR(26 yrs 7mth) & Fox(29yr 1mth) - both on small $$ and offer good depth in defence. Unpopular, but I reckon Fox is overrated on this board
Reid(30yr 5mth) - Offers good depth up forward and won't be on much $$. No club wanted him last trade period.
Ronke(24yrs 5mth) - back this year after a couple of years of injury and playing good footy. Would like to see Paps and Ronke in the b22.

Buddy(35yrs 3mths) likely to play another year - hopefully on min $$

Would be happy trading Reid, Fox, COR, Ronke to improve our draft hand, but would prefer to keep rather than delist and get nothing.
Would like to let Lloyd(28yrs 8 mth) go and hopefully get compo pick - 2nd round??

Retire - JPK, Sinkers, Naismith,
De-list - Bell, Clarke, OConnor, Taylor - All may be of value to the VFL side, so may be worth keeping on min $$ for that reason

Could well see a list turnover of 6-8 players.
Trades - Reckon priorities are 'a-grade' inside mid, and quality sml/med defender. Reckon age is important.
Might Trade in a-grader? - Mid or defender?? We may have cap space for the first time in a long time.
Might trade in a role player? - defender?
Draft - Might pick up 5-6 players in draft and rookie draft. How many from the Academy.. 2-3?

All just my opinion - interesting trying to work it all out

Great News. reckon he was a priority.

others Id like to see re-sign...
Cunningham (28yrs 5mths)- I rate him higher than many on this board. Still got 2-3 years of being a good small defender. We're missing him!
Gould (21yrs) - shown improvement this year, could still have a big future.
McAndrew (22yrs) - Seems to be developing well - Need rucks coming through
Paddy (26yrs 1 mth) - Still reckon he might play forward post Buddy / Reid. Regardless, very important in defence.
COR(26 yrs 7mth) & Fox(29yr 1mth) - both on small $$ and offer good depth in defence. Unpopular, but I reckon Fox is overrated on this board
Reid(30yr 5mth) - Offers good depth up forward and won't be on much $$. No club wanted him last trade period.
Ronke(24yrs 5mth) - back this year after a couple of years of injury and playing good footy. Would like to see Paps and Ronke in the b22.

Buddy(35yrs 3mths) likely to play another year - hopefully on min $$

Would be happy trading Reid, Fox, COR, Ronke to improve our draft hand, but would prefer to keep rather than delist and get nothing.
Would like to let Lloyd(28yrs 8 mth) go and hopefully get compo pick - 2nd round??

Retire - JPK, Sinkers, Naismith,
De-list - Bell, Clarke, OConnor, Taylor - All may be of value to the VFL side, so may be worth keeping on min $$ for that reason

Could well see a list turnover of 6-8 players.
Trades - Reckon priorities are 'a-grade' inside mid, and quality sml/med defender. Reckon age is important.
Might Trade in a-grader? - Mid or defender?? We may have cap space for the first time in a long time.
Might trade in a role player? - defender?
Draft - Might pick up 5-6 players in draft and rookie draft. How many from the Academy.. 2-3?

All just my opinion - interesting trying to work it all out
Florent 2 years is good management by him and the club.
Your re-signs I agree.
Might not see JPK and Cray again.
Sinkers another year as he's terrific value in VFL and playing good footy at that level.
Prepared to trade Lloyd. We have replacements of the right age. Not happily but our defence has moved on.
Might have to trade someone else. That would be a big call. Possibly McLean or Amartey 😥.
I would only trade in a good lock down KPD. The value for money on a mid just wouldn't be there. The rest from the draft.
Delist what we need for spots. Keep what we can. The players we have are loyal and good at VFL level and that's worth something.

Florent 2 years is good management by him and the club.
Your re-signs I agree.
Might not see JPK and Cray again.
Sinkers another year as he's terrific value in VFL and playing good footy at that level.
Prepared to trade Lloyd. We have replacements of the right age. Not happily but our defence has moved on.
Might have to trade someone else. That would be a big call. Possibly McLean or Amartey 😥.
I would only trade in a good lock down KPD. The value for money on a mid just wouldn't be there. The rest from the draft.
Delist what we need for spots. Keep what we can. The players we have are loyal and good at VFL level and that's worth something.
Cant see us trading McLean or Amartey.. unless we trade another tall forward in, or Paddy plays forward. The chance Buddy, Reid, Sinkers retiring is higher than all three playing on. We could find ourselves short on tall forwards. Plus, I rate Amartey highly.
Agree re value for trading mids. May cost a lot too though (pick 6).
And yep, agree with you saying..

Cant see us trading McLean or Amartey.. unless we trade another tall forward in, or Paddy plays forward. The chance Buddy, Reid, Sinkers retiring is higher than all three playing on. We could find ourselves short on tall forwards. Plus, I rate Amartey highly.
Agree re value for trading mids. May cost a lot too though (pick 6).
And yep, agree with you saying..

Yes I think if/when Reid goes end of this year, as well as Sinc, it's worth keeping Amartey around as ruck/fwd depth, although still think we need to see a bit more out of him and McLean to keep both on the list. Ladhams has excelled so allays too many concerns about our ruck stocks.

unless we trade another tall forward in, or Paddy plays forward.

When will people realise that is not going to happen.. He has made his preference clear. There is no way we would play him forward

When will people realise that is not going to happen.. He has made his preference clear. There is no way we would play him forward
Didn't know Paddy has said he doesn't want to play forward?
You're probably right and Paddy stays back - He's pretty valuable down there, and its a safer position re. head knocks.
but.. Theres a chance that Buddy, Reid, Sinkers retire this year,, leaving our tall forwards very young and lacking experience

Why did Paddy start as a defender at the Swans?
Because he's better in defence than up forward?
or, Because of injury concerns??
or, Because of our playing list needs???

Why did Paddy start as a defender at the Swans?
Because he's better in defence than up forward?
or, Because of injury concerns??
or, Because of our playing list needs???
Probably all 3. He played that position in the VFL last season. Presumably because they figured it was the safest position on the ground for him and an opportunity to trial him down back in a position of need for us.

Probably all 3. He played that position in the VFL last season. Presumably because they figured it was the safest position on the ground for him and an opportunity to trial him down back in a position of need for us.
Yep, probably all three..
So, as the Swans and Paddy grow in confidence re. head knocks, maybe they're confident to play him forward?
and, as Buddy, Reid, Sinkers get close to or retire and our list needs change, maybe our list needs Paddy up forward??
and, watching his marking and kicking this year, Paddy is showing why he was drafted as a key forward at pick 1.

Grand Uncle is prob correct and he stays down back, but I dont think a move forward is out of the question.

Yep, probably all three..
So, as the Swans and Paddy grow in confidence re. head knocks, maybe they're confident to play him forward?
and, as Buddy, Reid, Sinkers get close to or retire and our list needs change, maybe our list needs Paddy up forward??
and, watching his marking and kicking this year, Paddy is showing why he was drafted as a key forward at pick 1.

Grand Uncle is prob correct and he stays down back, but I dont think a move forward is out of the question.
Down back he is far less likely to cop a fist to the head (defender special).
I hope he stays there for the rest of a long career. Like Tom, he's taken to it like a duck to water.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Latest list update

Hugo Hall-Kahan to rookie list in the forwards (though he may play down back)
Kennedy out of best (long term injury)
Florent to defenders (is playing there for the majority of games now)
also
I had to move someone from CAT A to the main list to fit Hall-Kahan in. As the club never informs you I picked Wicks. SwansList BF.png

Latest list update

Hugo Hall-Kahan to rookie list in the forwards (though he may play down back)
Kennedy out of best (long term injury)
Florent to defenders (is playing there for the majority of games now)
also
I had to move someone from CAT A to the main list to fit Hall-Kahan in. As the club never informs you I picked Wicks.View attachment 1423848
Thanks Rusty, great service for the mugs like me who struggle to keep up.

That's OK. I enjoy wasting an hour of my time each week fiddling with things and conjuring potential trades/list adjustments.:)
Cheers.
A difficulty though is when rookies are playing in the team. At the moment it seems that Wicks (who might still be a rookie) is in front of Ronke and Campbell is behind either COR or Fox (a rookie).
Tricky.

Cheers.
A difficulty though is when rookies are playing in the team. At the moment it seems that Wicks (who might still be a rookie) is in front of Ronke and Campbell is behind either COR or Fox (a rookie).
Tricky.
Yeah. I try not to get too caught up in the week to week selections. To me there are always 3-5 players who are in the team but not in my best 22. That is because I have to separate Cat A to keep my totals correct. You also have injuries. But in your mind you can move a few players around and you have to true best 22.

ie
Paddy is Best 22
But also in 2 weeks time Campbell might play every game for the rest of the year. You never know.
Stephens is not best 22 but Gulden might replace him and in comes Wicks or Amartey in the forwards etc

This is not a true Best 22 but rather a List Structure!!

A
Cheers.
Tricky.
Actually, having thought about it Kiama Chris, I think I can solve this issue.

For all intends and purposes as far as playing conditions goes, there is no difference between our depth and Cat A players like there used to be when I originally designed this spreadsheet(its just a money thing now).
I will
1. combine the Depth and Cat A columns into one group called Depth.
2. then use any player to create a better best 22(except Cat B players).

I'll send through an updated spreadsheet tomorrow.

A

Actually, having thought about it Kiama Chris, I think I can solve this issue.

For all intends and purposes as far as playing conditions goes, there is no difference between our depth and Cat A players like there used to be when I originally designed this spreadsheet(its just a money thing now).
I will
1. combine the Depth and Cat A columns into one group called Depth.
2. then use any player to create a better best 22(except Cat B players).

I'll send through an updated spreadsheet tomorrow.
What do you think Kiama Chris? Is it better?

SwansList BF2.png

I thought we only had 0-6 A rookie list spots. Does that mean we have 0-7 Cat A now?

Who was moved to the main list when Naismith went to the Long Term Injury list?

No one was moved to the main list when Naismith went to the LTIL. It opened up an extra Cat A rookie spot to use either during the SSP or the mid-season draft until the end of the year. We will need to get back to 6 Cat A's by the next list lodgement by either promoting a Cat A rookie to the main list or delisting someone.

No one was moved to the main list when Naismith went to the LTIL. It opened up an extra Cat A rookie spot to use either during the SSP or the mid-season draft until the end of the year. We will need to get back to 6 Cat A's by the next list lodgement by either promoting a Cat A rookie to the main list or delisting someone.
OK thanks Robbieando. I understand now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back