List Mgmt. AFL Senior List Contract Status

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
SYDNEY SWANS CONTRACT STATUS (Updated 10-APR-2024)

The minimum list size for each club will be 37, which can be made up of as little as 36 senior listed players and one rookie.

To reach 44, clubs can carry 36-38 senior listed players, four to six Category A rookies, and two Category B rookies.

List make up - 37 Senior Listed players, 5 Category A rookies and 2 Category B rookie.

Contract Expires - 2024:
Harry Arnold (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Jack Buller (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Harry Cunningham
William Edwards (Cat B Rookie 2nd Year)
Oliver Florent
Robbie Fox
Aaron Francis
Will Hayward
Indhi Kirk (Cat B Rookie 1st Year)
Jacob Konstanty
Jaiden Magor (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Lachlan McAndrew (Cat A Rookie 3rd Year)
Logan McDonald
Lewis Melican
Caleb Mitchell
Sam Reid (Cat A Rookie 1st Year)
Cooper Vickery

Contract Expires - 2025:
Braeden Campbell
Caiden Cleary
Joel Hamling
Peter Ladhams
Jake Lloyd
Luke Parker
Dane Rampe
Matthew Roberts
Angus Sheldrick
Patrick Snell
Chad Warner
Corey Warner
Sam Wicks
John Longmire (Senior Coach)

Contract Expires - 2026:
Taylor Adams
Joel Amartey
Will Green
James Jordon
Justin McInerney

Contract Expires- 2027:
Brodie Grundy
Tom McCartin
Hayden McLean

Contract Expires - 2028:
Errol Gulden
Issac Heeney
Tom Papley
James Rowbottom

Contract Expires - 2029:
Callum Mills

Contract Expires - 2031:
Nick Blakey

Last edited:
Article on Code today suggests Lloyd and Gould are close to re-signing.
The Swans went on a re-signing spree this week, extending co-captain Callum Mills, the McCartin brothers, Tom and Paddy, and unheralded defender Robbie Fox on multi-year deals.

That quartet are well entrenched in Sydney’s senior side and will have a significant say in the club’s flag hopes.

But there is still work for Kinnear Beatson and co. to do, primarily on new contracts for Lance Franklin and Jake Lloyd, but also to make decisions on a series of fringe players.

Lloyd is expected to ink a new contract for at least three years but has played at below market value for some time.

James Bell, the resurgent Ryan Clarke, out-of-favour veteran Harry Cunningham, Will Gould, injury-cursed Sam Naismith, Irishman Barry O’Connor, Ben Ronke and Lewis Taylor are also out of contract.

Gould is yet to play a senior game since being the No.26 pick in the 2019 draft but made strides in the VFL this year, averaging 2.4 intercept marks and 19 disposals down back.

At 191cm, he could be Dane Rampe’s long-term replacement and is tipped to re-sign for 2023, when he will hope to finally be picked in John Longmire’s team.
Is it any good or just another feed?
Just an amalgam of Murdoch papers/writers, including most importantly the Wall Street Journal, the source of all the best AFL stories. :think:

The article quoted was written by Jon Ralph et al.

Maybe, maybe not. With the three retirements that makes 5. Do we need to lose more? 4 draft plus one trade?
I think one of either Bell or Ronke needs to move on and then that will satisfy my list changes for 2022. Great for VFL depth but I don't see Bell getting another game and Ronke is only there for injury cover.

If we got Aaron Francis, I'd also be happy to let Melican go as well.

Last edited:
Glad we resigned Clarke and Gould. Thought Clarke deserved 2 years after what he did at the end of the year. I thought we had tabled 2 years to him, but imagine he felt the offer was for minimal chips?
There’s probably an achievable games trigger that gives Clarke a second year, which is great for us. Wicks could easily take his spot if he plays his cards right which was probably the club's rationale.

Last edited:
You must be very disappointed. I'm not.

I am very disappointed. We're re-signing players for the sake of it at this stage, not to make us better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't believe I suggested that.
You don't agree resigning key players is good. The Swans embarked on a draft strategy. Going to the draft and getting quality players in. securing that talent long term was a priority for the club. It invested in the future and protected that investment it would seem.
You disagree that was prudent?

You don't agree resigning key players is good. The Swans embarked on a draft strategy. Going to the draft and getting quality players in. securing that talent long term was a priority for the club. It invested in the future and protected that investment it would seem.
You disagree that was prudent?

Don't I?

You've literally taken me being unhappy with Lloyd's re-signing and extrapolated that to mean I'm unhappy with us re-signing any player. Come on dude.

Don't I?

You've literally taken me being unhappy with Lloyd's re-signing and extrapolated that to mean I'm unhappy with us re-signing any player. Come on dude.

I had not thought about Lloyd.

I thought and responded to your post below.
I am very disappointed. We're re-signing players for the sake of it at this stage, not to make us better.

I don't really understand your point of view with regard to how it fits with the Swans development/trade strategy.

I had not thought about Lloyd.

I thought and responded to your post below.

I don't really understand your point of view with regard to how it fits with the Swans development/trade strategy.

You had not thought about the player the entire conversation was centred around?

Maybe you need to re-read it then rather than telling me I'm wrong about something you clearly haven't understood.

You had not thought about the player the entire conversation was centred around?

Maybe you need to re-read it then rather than telling me I'm wrong about something you clearly haven't understood.
OK. I went back and looked at previous posts and saw that your post was originally centred around Lloyd. My apologies.
I disagree with you about Lloyd. But that is another matter.
Apologies again.

OK. I went back and looked at previous posts and saw that your post was originally centred around Lloyd. My apologies.
I disagree with you about Lloyd. But that is another matter.
Apologies again.

No problem. I probably got my back up a bit because it was an exchange from mid-week that seemed to be bumped just to take a shot at me and it wasn't even a deserved shot! But all good. Happy to disagree on Lloyd but I'm certainly not whining that we've re-signed a core of young players which is brilliant.

No problem. I probably got my back up a bit because it was an exchange from mid-week that seemed to be bumped just to take a shot at me and it wasn't even a deserved shot! But all good. Happy to disagree on Lloyd but I'm certainly not whining that we've re-signed a core of young players which is brilliant.
I think I got my back up on posters saying the lack of trading was not improving our list. I saw your post in that light. My bad.

Sam Naismith, James Bell, and Ben Ronke they will not be offered new contracts for next year.

Contract Status is now updated to take into account the draft.

Players taken in the draft get 2 year rookie contacts and those taken in the Rookie Draft get one year rookie contracts.

With us taking 3 picks in the rookie draft this means for certain that McLean has been promoted to the senior list.

No contract length is known for Aaron Francis so two years has been set as a guess.

Contract Status is now updated to take into account the draft.

Players taken in the draft get 2 year rookie contacts and those taken in the Rookie Draft get one year rookie contracts.

With us taking 3 picks in the rookie draft this means for certain that McLean has been promoted to the senior list.

No contract length is known for Aaron Francis so two years has been set as a guess.
Summarizing therefore:
36 on Senior List
6 Rookie A
2 Rookie B
Total 44
No spare slots.
Correct?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back