AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird. I tried to see if AFL Member can get tickets to Perth game of Fremantle v Carlton and looks like I can and normal booking fee price also.

Weirder though, try to see what AFL membership gets you for game in Victoria of Geelong v Carlton and no entitlement rights to purchase tickets. So I can at a game across the country but ******* Sleepy Hollow live in a world of their own where only Geelong members have entitlements to access tickets. I expected I could get tickets there but pay full price. Apparently you cannot.
Wait you're getting free tickets to a game at Optus Stadium through your membership?

Wait you're getting free tickets to a game at Optus Stadium through your membership?
Seemed so which was odd. There was a booking fee of $6 I saw and nothing else.

Pasted below. Blocked out specific row and seat numbers.
I got no idea where section 101 is by the way.

Section
Row
ROW X, SEATS XX TO XX
Description
Level One
ENTER ANY GATE
Price Category Six
6. Price Category Six

Type
ADULT MEMBER

Ticket Price
AU $0.00 x 1

SUBTOTAL
AU $0.00

Tickets/Items
AU $0.00

Handling Charge
AU $5.75

Last edited:
I doubt it is a ploy. Just must have been a minor condition to the stadium not mentioned anywhere before as it would be so few of us that would use it. There is probably some reciprocal rights coming back other way. Example, a premium season ticket holder at stadium over there probably gets access to tickets at MCG here at discount price too.

and yes, I know I can find tickets to Geelong v Carlton game. It showed prices for reserves seats at $45 or more. That was after I gave up trying to access reserve seats prices as an AFL member with barcode. I was just checking if there was anyway of getting ticket discounts as an AFL member and it does not even accept the bar codes at all. You can only get tickets through general public. You cannot even reserve a seat at full price through your AFL membership. I suspect at every other ground in every other city you can. I am sure I did for game at SCG a decade ago. Certainly did at Football Park years ago and the one time I was in Perth I was able to access tickets through AFL membership card shown. You still paid to get in but in most cases it was a discount price or you getting seat in a good area for general admission price. There is no rights at Geelong ground at all. Slightly surprised but it is Sleepy Hollow so guess I should not have been surprised as I was this morning.
AFL Members have no rights at Kardinia Park. It's ******* bullshit

AFL Members have no rights at Kardinia Park. It's ******* bullshit

Even worse for your poor buggers as Cats supporters.
When we still had our own ground we still had benefits at our ground. Did not have to pay anything extra to sit with other members. In fact there was also an area set aside for AFL members there too. So plenty of options.

Yes, I am sure they can because they are a member of the club whose home game it is.
But it is weird how Fremantle home game in Perth I can reserve a seat for under $10 through putting in my AFL membership card bar code. You not allowed at Geelong. AFL membership must have some reciprocal rights at new Perth Stadium.

60k+ capacity vs 34k capacity.

Seemed so which was odd. There was a booking fee of $6 I saw and nothing else.

Pasted below. Blocked out specific row and seat numbers.
I got no idea where section 101 is by the way.

Section
Row
ROW X, SEATS XX TO XX
Description
Level One
ENTER ANY GATE
Price Category Six
6. Price Category Six

Type
ADULT MEMBER

Ticket Price
AU $0.00 x 1

SUBTOTAL
AU $0.00

Tickets/Items
AU $0.00

Handling Charge
AU $5.75
Wow, I'm going go from an absentee to a full asap then. Unreal if I can get a few games essentially for free.

60k+ capacity vs 34k capacity.

Yeah, it is probably right but back in the day Princes Park still gave good access to Carlton support AFL Members and even visiting AFL members could sit in a certain area for no extra cost. The stupid Legends Stand a different story of course.

But getting back to the new Perth ground, I am wondering if the same applies for West Coast home game as visiting AFL member as what seems to apply playing Fremantle. It maybe different. I suspect not but will not know until next time we play Eagles over in Perth. Which looking like 2019.

But getting back to the new Perth ground, I am wondering if the same applies for West Coast home game as visiting AFL member as what seems to apply playing Fremantle. It maybe different. I suspect not but will not know until next time we play Eagles over in Perth. Which looking like 2019.
It says on the AFL Membership website that you can purchase two tickets per membership... does this mean you could get two Freo tickets for $11?!

Can you try it for the Freo - Blues game by any chance mate?

Had another play around on Ticketmaster for the new stadium.
Tried a few different seat categories for each teams' second game there (Eagles v Cats and Freo v Bulldogs).
Looks like for Eagles games the AFL member discount is somewhere between $20 and $35 depending on the seat. Cheapest deal I saw was paying $20 for a $55 seat.
For Freo the discount is somewhere between $10 and $30, but their seats are cheaper to begin with. For Freo it looks like the cheapest seats (level 1 behind goals $30 at the away team end) get the full $30 discount so it means you are just paying the booking fee.

For both teams you could buy multiple extra seats at the same time at full price. Not sure if this would be the case during any sort of member only presale period though, probably a limit in place until public sales.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will there be any walk-up for Richmond v Carlton on Thursday? Hearing its all been pre-sold. I was under the impression there was walk-up held back for all games at the 'G other than ANZAC day?

Will there be any walk-up for Richmond v Carlton on Thursday? Hearing its all been pre-sold. I was under the impression there was walk-up held back for all games at the 'G other than ANZAC day?
AFL Members website indicating there will be no walk up at all. Can't remember the last time that's happened during non-Anzac Day H&A matches.

Got an email from AFL membership today:
Hi Andrew,

For the season opener on Thursday, March 22 at the MCG, Richmond v Carlton, there will be a significant crowd in attendance, particularly in AFL Reserve.

If you wish to attend the match on Thursday night, we strongly recommend you upgrade your seat as there is limited seating capacity available in the AFL Reserve.

AFL Members that have not upgraded their membership and wish to attend, will be able to scan into the AFL Reserve into strictly limited standing room, subject to capacity and availability.

Had a look and the only remaining seats are restricted viewing, aka right up against the scoreboard I guess or behind a pole.

So unless you turn up 3 hours early to get a good place to stand, stay at home or go to the pub. Too many AFL members from other clubs have bought up all the reserved seating I guess.

Had a look and the only remaining seats are restricted viewing, aka right up against the scoreboard I guess or behind a pole.

So unless you turn up 3 hours early to get a good place to stand, stay at home or go to the pub. Too many AFL members from other clubs have bought up all the reserved seating I guess.
Pub it is for me this year. First one I've missed in years...

The restricted view seats are next to the entry tunnels, you may have a hand rail near you and people walking past but the view is fine. Currently offering row K level 4 which is much better than up the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back