AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ticketek app doesn't work for me when purchasing AFL tickets. I can purchase tickets for other events through the app but not AFL. When I click the link to purchase Finals tickets it boots me back to the apps home screen and with a url message as per screenshot below. Does this happen for anyone else?

20180918_225410.jpg

Ticketek once again has failed. Was on the desktop site in a queue at 8:51 (to allow for the 13 minutes before they time you out) and same with phone. After 2 minutes my phone showed up with an error stating the app doesn’t recognise my browser. I’ve never seen this error before and have been buying my tickets on the phone app for years! Complete cop-out!

Finally logged in at 9:06 on the desktop and only managed Q26 row G. Decent result but would have preferred level 1.
They really need to give priority to full members (I’ve been a member for 22 years) and then sell silver separately...it’s not rocket science!

Expactky same thing happened to
Me in relation to booking on my phone app! Never seen it before either. Did not get tickets and I have been a afl member for 22 years and gold for 16 years. I brought the afl grand final on my phone app in 2016 without any issues. Only took me 10 minutes to get my ticket. The afl next year must give Pruitt access to gold members who have club support for competing clubs. Really it ain’t hard

The ticketek app doesn't work for me when purchasing AFL tickets. I can purchase tickets for other events through the app but not AFL. When I click the link to purchase Finals tickets it boots me back to the apps home screen and with a url message as per screenshot below. Does this happen for anyone else?

View attachment 560431

Never had one issue with booking tickets on my phone Ticketek app until this morning. Booked for both Melbourne finals for Geelong and hawthorn and got tickets within 20-25minutes.

Me in relation to booking on my phone app! Never seen it before either. Did not get tickets and I have been a afl member for 22 years and gold for 16 years. I brought the afl grand final on my phone app in 2016 without any issues. Only took me 10 minutes to get my ticket. The afl next year must give Pruitt access to gold members who have club support for competing clubs. Really it ain’t hard

I got it last week as well when trying to book the GWS game through the app and on Monday when checking out tickets so just went straight to the browser today

Never had one issue with booking tickets on my phone Ticketek app until this morning. Booked for both Melbourne finals for Geelong and hawthorn and got tickets within 20-25minutes.

I tried to use it for the Melbourne/Geel EF a couple of weeks ago and same thing kept happening. I ended up just going through the mobile ticketek site on my phone but don't understand why the app doesn't work for footy. I can jump on and get tickets to rugby league, Cher anything else but when I select AFL finals it just kicks me back to the apps main screen.

View attachment 560431
Yep happened all finals.

I guess they have turned off App purchase as it probably can't handle the queuing software

They don't want Gold members buying all the tickets for $26 each though.

They make more money off Silver members paying $85-$167 per seat, so they would be hoping keen Silver members lock some of their Gold members out of the Preliminary Finals.

They don't want Gold members buying all the tickets for $26 each though.

They make more money off Silver members paying $85-$167 per seat, so they would be hoping keen Silver members lock some of their Gold members out of the Preliminary Finals.
Then what's the point of being a Gold Member?!? We pay much more to be a Gold Member and if the Tigers miss the GF, the extra money paid is for exactly nothing!

While I'm on that point, can anyone tell me the exact price of Silver Membership compared to Gold? I can't seem to find the price of it. I'm in the middle of a complaint letter to the AFL as to how our whole family of Full AFL Members missed out whereas someone at my work scored 2 seats on Level 2A on the wing despite not being a club or AFL member using the barcode of a Melb supporting AFL Member. I really hope they are doing Membership checks this Friday but of course they wont be. They'll save that for a Melbourne v Brisbane game on a Sunday twilight in pouring rain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then what's the point of being a Gold Member?!? We pay much more to be a Gold Member and if the Tigers miss the GF, the extra money paid is for exactly nothing!

While I'm on that point, can anyone tell me the exact price of Silver Membership compared to Gold? I can't seem to find the price of it. I'm in the middle of a complaint letter to the AFL as to how our whole family of Full AFL Members missed out whereas someone at my work scored 2 seats on Level 2A on the wing despite not being a club or AFL member using the barcode of a Melb supporting AFL Member. I really hope they are doing Membership checks this Friday but of course they wont be. They'll save that for a Melbourne v Brisbane game on a Sunday twilight in pouring rain.

My wife is a silver member pretty sure her membership is about $450 mine is $610?

Probably just get a smart-**** response back from them. That's what I and seemingly many others got.

My wife is a silver member pretty sure her membership is about $450 mine is $610?
Thanks mate

Probably just get a smart-**** response back from them. That's what I and seemingly many others got.
You're probably right. I've already signalled that I'll be doing my best to take my complaint viral elsewhere if they don't take my complaint seriously and I've also demanded compensation due to the fact that my Full Membership was deemed useless due to how they prioritised ticketing for a game that was always going to be massive. Bunch of prats.

Hi everyone, are we allowed to sell tickets to another AFL member at face value? I no longer require my standing room tickets for Friday night

Hi everyone, are we allowed to sell tickets to another AFL member at face value? I no longer require my standing room tickets for Friday night
Technically no, but if you're selling it to another member it shouldn't be a problem

How many have you got? I'll take them. Shouldn't get into any grief given how many people will be attending who aren't members using tickets scalped by members.

Just on this point if you are still writing that letter to the AFL, a Gold member with non competing club of support still has priority access to GF tickets over silver members and a pretty good chance of getting one too most years. They will probably point this out in their response, so better to have it accurate in your letter to begin with.

One other point I suggest people bring up is that a few years back Silver members didn't get the same automatic access to prelims as Gold. It was at the discretion of the AFL, from memory most prelims they allowed it, it was just the huge games such as this week where they wouldn't. I seem to remember something about if they made guest passes available to Gold members then Silver members also got access. In my 8 or so years as a silver member from 2007 I can't recall whether they ever denied silver members access. Anyway at some point they have changed that rule without properly notifying Gold members.

Hopefully you can find something for this week.

The point of being a Gold member is that you will almost certainly have access to a Grand Final ticket.

It is basically impossible for a Silver member to get access to a Grand Final ticket.

I'm guessing the AFL would probably argue that is enough of an advantage for Gold membership.

Just on this point if you are still writing that letter to the AFL, a Gold member with non competing club of support still has priority access to GF tickets over silver members and a pretty good chance of getting one too most years. They will probably point this out in their response, so better to have it accurate in your letter to begin with.

One other point I suggest people bring up is that a few years back Silver members didn't get the same automatic access to prelims as Gold. It was at the discretion of the AFL, from memory most prelims they allowed it, it was just the huge games such as this week where they wouldn't. I seem to remember something about if they made guest passes available to Gold members then Silver members also got access. In my 8 or so years as a silver member from 2007 I can't recall whether they ever denied silver members access. Anyway at some point they have changed that rule without properly notifying Gold members.

Hopefully you can find something for this week.
Thanks. Yeah I haven't sent the letter yet. Making sure I've got my facts in line before sending it.
I did point out that IF the Tigers happened to lose this Friday, then my Gold Membership would have no extra value whatsoever compared to silver since we missed out on tickets while non club Silver members were getting tickets and then scalping them for far higher than face value while Gold club supporters are missing out.

Thanks. Yeah I haven't sent the letter yet. Making sure I've got my facts in line before sending it.
I did point out that IF the Tigers happened to lose this Friday, then my Gold Membership would have no extra value whatsoever compared to silver since we missed out on tickets while non club Silver members were getting tickets and then scalping them for far higher than face value while Gold club supporters are missing out.
But there is still some extra value if the Tigers lose the prelim, Gold members still can get a GF ticket even if you're team isn't in it - that's what they will reply with, silver only get GF tickets if gold don't take them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back