AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a gold member, am I entitled to a GF ticket or could there be a chance of not getting one assuming I’m in the non-competing club allocation.

Didn’t they use to advertise full members = guaranteed ticket regardless if it was your team.

Wait, there's an interstate AFL Membership?

I haven't been to a Freo game since 2012 but if we get a good new coach in, I'd be keen that. I know an AFL Membership with Freo support gets you into basically every Optus game as part of the GA they have going. I'd never go to every game but if you make a footy trip to Mawbs twice a year, you could pull 16 or 17 games for the price and it'd be alright.

But what's this interstate thing?

Yep was talking about a Bombers membership sorry!

As a gold member, am I entitled to a GF ticket or could there be a chance of not getting one assuming I’m in the non-competing club allocation.

Didn’t they use to advertise full members = guaranteed ticket regardless if it was your team.
Gold Competing is guaranteed* a GF ticket
Anything remaining gets sold to non-competing Gold, then Competing Silver, then non-competing Silver.

*Not written, but in general practice.

Gold Competing is guaranteed* a GF ticket
Anything remaining gets sold to non-competing Gold, then Competing Silver, then non-competing Silver.

*Not written, but in general practice.
I’m talking about being a non competing Full Member. I’m sure all Full members used to be guaranteed?

AFL membership seems like less and less of a good deal. Are club members more likely to get grand final tickets than club supporting silver AFL members?

If so, surely anyone who cares about attending a grand final that their club is competing in would elect to go for a club membership over a silver membership now? Unless you're really keen on going to games as a neutral, why would you choose a silver membership? Seems like a rort.

I’m talking about being a non competing Full Member. I’m sure all Full members used to be guaranteed?
Not that I'm aware of.
There has always been about 30k full members and the AFL reserve is something like 20k seats.

Here's an interesting article that covers some of the history of VFL/AFL Membership.

AFL membership seems like less and less of a good deal. Are club members more likely to get grand final tickets than club supporting silver AFL members?

If so, surely anyone who cares about attending a grand final that their club is competing in would elect to go for a club membership over a silver membership now? Unless you're really keen on going to games as a neutral, why would you choose a silver membership? Seems like a rort.
You can purchase a GF guarantee membership with all clubs, but the price is about double what an AFL Silver membership costs.

Just tried to buy a ticket for next Friday night's game Collingwood vs Essendon at the G and ticketek says AFL members area is fully exhausted. Does that sound right? I know its a big game, but I would be very surprised if its completely sold. I might have to give them a call, but just wondering if anyone else has tried to buy tickets for that game recently?

Email received this afternoon says there are some walk-up seats available on Level 4

it's clear that AFL Membership isn't as good a deal as it used to be, but relative to the problems facing your average club member it's probably a better deal than ever

Used to be a competing club membership guaranteed you a ticket

It's harder and harder for ordinary club members to get to the Grand Final, and even premium club memberships usually just get you a level Q seat

I prefer our system to the MCC one of lining up at the ground, but yes the number of Grand Final tickets available for AFL full members is certainly shrinking

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only one final in Melbourne in week one and it's a good one between two Victorian powerhouses.

I imagine thousands of neutral AFL Members will want to attend and Collingwood have more AFL Members than any other team to begin with.

Ticketing on Wednesday has the potential to be as disastrous as the Pies v Tigers prelim last year.

I can't believe they don't have a system in place to give Gold members and/or members with Geelong/Collingwood club support some type of priority access.

There will almost certainly be Gold Geelong/Collingwood members to miss out on tickets to Silver members of non-competing clubs who scalp tickets for 15x what they cost.

What a farce.

Only one final in Melbourne in week one and it's a good one between two Victorian powerhouses.

I imagine thousands of neutral AFL Members will want to attend and Collingwood have more AFL Members than any other team to begin with.

Ticketing on Wednesday has the potential to be as disastrous as the Pies v Tigers prelim last year.

I can't believe they don't have a system in place to give Gold members and/or members with Geelong/Collingwood club support some type of priority access.

There will almost certainly be Gold Geelong/Collingwood members to miss out on tickets to Silver members of non-competing clubs who scalp tickets for 15x what they cost.

What a farce.
Should be:
11am: Gold Club Support
12pm: Gold Non-Club Support + Silver Club Support
1pm: Silver Non-Club Support + Bronze/Guest Passes

Should be:
11am: Gold Club Support
12pm: Gold Non-Club Support + Silver Club Support
1pm: Silver Non-Club Support + Bronze/Guest Passes

Yep. The grand final ticketing arrangement is fair and works well, rewarding Gold club support members first, other Gold members second and leaving the rest for Silver club support members.

AFL Membership is so popular these days, they really need to implement a similar system for any game with a forecast crowd of 85k+.

Yep. The grand final ticketing arrangement is fair and works well, rewarding Gold club support members first, other Gold members second and leaving the rest for Silver club support members.

AFL Membership is so popular these days, they really need to implement a similar system for any game with a forecast crowd of 85k+.
Either that, or they need to specifically set aside tickets for club-support and re-release what isn't sold the week after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back