AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moved 208 spots this year, if I stay at that pace I'm about 8 years away, given its going to continue slowing down the closer I get I'm not sure I'm even halfway there yet after 10 years.....
Moved around 500 places this time
In the low 900's now

5 years as a Silver and I'm 14698, moved down approx 1400 positions... So much for been told it will be only approximately 8-9 years and be a gold member... But everyone here is in the same boat

Joined in 2012 both myself and my wife and my number this year is 6,889 and wife’s is 5,976. How does that work??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

giphy.gif

Reaching Gold

Waiting-Skeleton.jpg

Never knew until recently there is a waiting list to go from silver to gold I thought my mate was joking when he told me that you could be waiting up to 10 years or more.
It’s true....you could be a Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu or have a PHD in medicine in quicker time than it takes to be an AFL Gold Member.

If you’re someone that’s heading into the 2020 season still as a Silver member.....my best advice would be to give up. Cancel your AFL membership and become a standard club member of your team of support.

Being a Gold Member isn’t for everyone. Some people just don’t have what it takes to get there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s true....you could be a Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu or have a PHD in medicine in quicker time than it takes to be an AFL Gold Member.

If you’re someone that’s heading into the 2020 season still as a Silver member.....my best advice would be to give up. Cancel your AFL membership and become a standard club member of your team of support.

Being a Gold Member isn’t for everyone. Some people just don’t have what it takes to get there.

What perks do you get as a gold member? they have to be pretty *ingg special making you wait that long

Never knew until recently there is a waiting list to go from silver to gold I thought my mate was joking when he told me that you could be waiting up to 10 years or more.

It's about 30 years now. 10 year wait is a thing of the past.

Gold also get cheaper prelim finals tickets too. That's one extra perk too.

Because they allow existing Gold members to rort the system by allowing them to elect to become Absentee Members. That means they suspend their membership whilst their team is crap and then allow them to reactivate their Gold membership immediately once their team starts having a sniff of finals. The latter action is what impedes Silver members from moving up the list.

While I accept that some Absentee memberships are taken for genuine reasons - such as moving overseas for a period of time or even financial hardship - I think the period for being an Absentee member should be limited to two years. You're either ready to start paying your full dues at the end of that period or you lose your membership.

Because they allow existing Gold members to rort the system by allowing them to elect to become Absentee Members. That means they suspend their membership whilst their team is crap and then allow them to reactivate their Gold membership immediately once their team starts having a sniff of finals. The latter action is what impedes Silver members from moving up the list.

While I accept that some Absentee memberships are taken for genuine reasons - such as moving overseas for a period of time or even financial hardship - I think the period for being an Absentee member should be limited to two years. You're either ready to start paying your full dues at the end of that period or you lose your membership.
I'm pretty sure it is limited to 2 years. My partner was an absentee member when we were in London, I don't think she was able to do it for a third year.

I'm pretty sure it is limited to 2 years. My partner was an absentee member when we were in London, I don't think she was able to do it for a third year.

I have been an absentee member for 2 years and more than likely going to be again this year as well.
I only found out then but the previous year only could go to one game and paid full rates.

The AFL still get money around $175 odd to be an absentee member and you get 2 passes to the MCG for the year as well.
Currently looking after a close family member who has a terminal illness so things can change.
The AFL also advised you can go back to regular full/gold member prior to the deadline, I think it's June.
I say this as there are many in the community caring for aged folk and this is a valid reason.
I still donate to my club by purchasing a membership from them as well.
It used to be called full member and restricted member, then when the AFL wanted more money they introduced Bronze
membership, then silver and gold.
This year my afl membership will be 26 years, so I say hang in there people it is worth the wait and people have changing lives
that does change the way they can attend games or not.

Good luck to all - Merry Christmas to the big footy community!

I've been a gold member for about 3 or 4 years now and I'm honestly considering dropping it. It just doesn't seem like the money is worth it unless your side is in the Grand final. I tried getting tickets to the GF last year, got stuck in the dreaded servers refreshing loop for 40 minutes and then the allocation was exhausted. I also never had any trouble getting tickets to any prelims when I was a silver member, so I'm not really sure what I'm getting for my membership other than a bigger bill.

As a silver member in waiting, if I were you I'd drop your gold status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back