AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read the article, followed the link to the FAQ’s, seems like they’ll only be guest passes for low drawing games.

How would ‘walk ups’ work with COVID safe protocols??
They wouldn't. If you want to go, book a seat. If there's a huge disparity between tickets sold in AFL Members/MCC members, hopefully there is a way to open that up to Club members.

Actually it would be cool if you could buy guest passes but only for competing club members.

If there's a huge disparity between tickets sold in AFL Members/MCC members, hopefully there is a way to open that up to Club members.

Actually it would be cool if you could buy guest passes but only for competing club members.

Can you see a situation where this disparity may occur?

I can't think of any upcoming MCG game where the demand for club members will be high, but the AFL/MCC won't be able to fill their limited capacity.

Walking up and being allocated a seat from the ticket window as if you pre book would still comply with the protocols.

What's the benefit of walking up to a ticket window and being allocated a seat compared to doing the same thing on the Tickettek website before you leave home or on your phone on the way in?

Can you see a situation where this disparity may occur?

I can't think of any upcoming MCG game where the demand for club members will be high, but the AFL/MCC won't be able to fill their limited capacity.

What's the benefit of walking up to a ticket window and being allocated a seat compared to doing the same thing on the Tickettek website before you leave home or on your phone on the way in?
MCC I can think of plenty. Would love to know how often they hit the 11k in 2019.

For AFL members, High drawing Vic v Interstate matchups, or some Melbourne v low drawing Vic clubs?

MCC I can think of plenty. Would love to know how often they hit the 11k in 2019.

For AFL members, High drawing Vic v Interstate matchups, or some Melbourne v low drawing Vic clubs?

Name one actual example that would fit your recommendation rather than being generic if you think it would be an actual situation to consider.

Name one actual example that would fit your recommendation rather than being generic if you think it would be an actual situation to consider.
MCC round 23 2019 v Brisbane they opened up 4 bays to GA.
AFL members Round 22 2018 v Western Bulldogs . From memory top level was empty for 58k crowd.

The point is, if 50k are going to turn up, they're not going to always fall neatly into 11k AFL Members, 11k MCC and 28k GA.

Last edited:
MCC round 23 2019 v Brisbane they opened up 4 bays to GA.

How many seats do you predict would include those four bays?

That’s still only cutting from approx 21k to maybe 17- 18k that attended on the day. For the first few rounds at least only 11k in the MCC will be able to attend. Can’t imagine they will have any issues selling their allocation in that situation.

AFL members Round 22 2018 v Western Bulldogs . From memory top level was empty for 58k crowd.

Now you’re analysing the situation of one tier of the AFL members having gaps for a game with 58% of the ground sold through. The AFL members does an excellent job of selling the lower levels first. I remember attending that game & all of the first 3 levels were pre reserved and only level 4 was available for walk ups. However Level 4 in the Ponsford stand wasn’t that much fuller than the ‘better’ Level 4 AFL bays (around Q18-20)

Neither of the games you mentioned would be situations where clubs would have more than 30k members wanting to go & less than 10k for either the AFL or MCC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Easy scan your membership card and enter

Problem is the ground cannot be sure you are aware of 'this weeks Covid rules'. Things are changing quickly so I assume we will be updated via email after purchasing tickets on what needs to be done etc. It's also very likely easier to layout how many tickets/places are available with social distancing before the game with pre-purchase. Also gives the organisers an idea of how many support people to have for the game... security, food, bars etc. We don't want big queues there because more people shows up than expected.

If you scan, where do you sit? You cannot stand this year, for now. So you need allocated seating, this does not show up when you scan in with your barcode. So you then need to queue up to get a ticket. If we're doing this there's zero social distancing in the line. In addition, now we're not sure how many people will arrive on the day and could end up with thousands of people locked outside cause they can't get a seat at 50% capacity.

I see nothing good about scan and enter this year, and that is usually my way of going to the game! I usually stand behind the goals so don't need a reserved seat. If it's gonna be busy I scan in and pass out then get a few beers nearby before the crowds show up.

This year we just need to be patient. The AFL, by some manner of absurd wisdom, have created a system which prioritises supporting club members and has zero booking fees attached. This is good! Just roll with it.

Next year, we scan n stand.

I booked a seat for the storm game tomorrow and the only option available on Ticketek was mobile ticket. I’d assume this will be the case for AFL when tickets go on sale next week for round one?

I booked a seat for the storm game tomorrow and the only option available on Ticketek was mobile ticket. I’d assume this will be the case for AFL when tickets go on sale next week for round one?
Yes that was in the email they sent out last week.

Just got an email

For Rd1
Tuesday 10am: Club Support Members (Gold + Silver)
Tuesday 11am: Other Members (Gold, Silver + All Bronze)

So basically if it's your team you should be guaranteed a seat if you log on at 10am unless it's Richmond v Collingwood.

Just got an email

For Rd1
Tuesday 10am: Club Support Members (Gold + Silver)
Tuesday 11am: Other Members (Gold, Silver + All Bronze)

So basically if it's your team you should be guaranteed a seat if you log on at 10am unless it's Richmond v Collingwood.

Not necessarily.
Years ago the AFL used to release the number of club support members there were for each team.
No longer unfortunately, not sure why.
I fully expect to miss out on tickets for both round 1 & 2 unless they increase the ground capacity which they honestly should be doing.

Not necessarily.
Years ago the AFL used to release the number of club support members there were for each team.
No longer unfortunately, not sure why.
I fully expect to miss out on tickets for both round 1 & 2 unless they increase the ground capacity which they honestly should be doing.
They release gold members for 2 competing sides for grand finals . Then the gold members for non competing sides know what the chances of getting a ticket in the website meltdown on Sunday

They release gold members for 2 competing sides for grand finals . Then the gold members for non competing sides know what the chances of getting a ticket in the website meltdown on Sunday
That's the structure that should be in place for the upcoming fixture.

The Ticketmaster website had a meltdown for the practice matches the other day lol, took me 45 mins to get 2 tickets for a practice match that had I think about 11000 fans attend (Blues v Saints)
Tuesday will be a shitstorm.
I agree with Dan, Gold club support members should get first crack followed by Silver club support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back