AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I let my AFL Gold membership lapse about 5 years ago. Received an email last week saying I could pay an $85 lapsed fee and get my Gold membership status back.

Has anyone else received this? I'd imagine the Silver members on the waitlist wouldn't be too pleased to hear it.

As a silver member, can confirm am not ecstatic

I let my AFL Gold membership lapse about 5 years ago. Received an email last week saying I could pay an $85 lapsed fee and get my Gold membership status back.

Has anyone else received this? I'd imagine the Silver members on the waitlist wouldn't be too pleased to hear it.

I am gold and that is pretty poor IMO. Silver would be very annoyed.

$85 fee or $85 per year? I let mine lapse for a couple of years a while back and they let me back as a Full Member but I had to pay $200 per year I was not a member (basically equivalent to the absentee fee)

If it's $85 I'd be wondering why they're offering considering the size of the waitlist now and if I were you I'd jump on it.

$85 fee or $85 per year? I let mine lapse for a couple of years a while back and they let me back as a Full Member but I had to pay $200 per year I was not a member (basically equivalent to the absentee fee)

If it's $85 I'd be wondering why they're offering considering the size of the waitlist now and if I were you I'd jump on it.
This is what it said:
1652163106609.png

So it's my first year as a silver member. I've been going to games and then finding a GA seat as I thought that's all my membership got me... reading through this thread though, is it the case that there is a special area reserved for AFL members to sit at the MCG and Marvel?
Scan in at Gate 6 or 7 at the G - that is the AFL reserve from ground level to level 4. Basically from M16 all the way around to the Ponsford Stand.

Marvel is a bit different I think - they have ground level on the wing behind the interchange bench as AFL members area but you usually need to reserve a seat as it fills up quickly. Otherwise you generally have to scan in and sit in GA on level 3 (others may be able to provide more info - I haven't been to Marvel for a few years now).

Scan in at Gate 6 or 7 at the G - that is the AFL reserve from ground level to level 4. Basically from M16 all the way around to the Ponsford Stand.

Marvel is a bit different I think - they have ground level on the wing behind the interchange bench as AFL members area but you usually need to reserve a seat as it fills up quickly. Otherwise you generally have to scan in and sit in GA on level 3 (others may be able to provide more info - I haven't been to Marvel for a few years now).
Marvel the AFL members is Aisle 9-16 on L1. Some low attending games there will be GA on L1. Otherwise GA is L3.
You can buy a L2 seat for 30 bucks this year as well.

That is BS considering the waitlist is about 18-20 years now. So they're trying to recoup lapsed members at the expense of those who have been waiting for over a decade? Absolute rort.

I don't know about the rest of you but I'll be emailing the membership department with a please explain.

That is BS considering the waitlist is about 18-20 years now. So they're trying to recoup lapsed members at the expense of those who have been waiting for over a decade? Absolute rort.

I don't know about the rest of you but I'll be emailing the membership department with a please explain.
Let us know what their response is in 5-500 business days

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd imagine the Silver members on the waitlist wouldn't be too pleased to hear it.

giphy.gif

It could be an offer to anyone that was struggling financially through COVID-19 - to play catch up

Then again - you'd think that would be stated somewhere along the line

Then Then again - it is the AFL we're taking about here

It could be an offer to anyone that was struggling financially through COVID-19 - to play catch up

Then again - you'd think that would be stated somewhere along the line

Then Then again - it is the AFL we're taking about here
I wouldn't be surprised if the AFL mistakenly think this person has only been absent for a year, such is their incompetence.

Has anyone used their covid compensation free guest pass barcodes at the ticket window on game day this year?

I know you can reserve a seat with them on Ticketek for $9.90, but if I want to just rock up with guests and sit in the walk up area can you use the barcodes at the ticket window to get your guests in for nothing?

Also I just noticed that the complimentary reserve seat upgrade barcode they sent us for round 1 which was meant to be valid for the whole season does not work, it says entitlement is exhausted even though I haven't used it yet.

Sorry, can't help you on your compensation free covid guest pass.

I'm still unable to use the booking system to buy an AFL reserved seating guest pass with my silver membership.

I got it too. It was very surprising. I haven't been a Gold member since the 2016 season.

I'm not taking it up as I've already paid for my club membership and my reasons for dropping the AFL one haven't changed.
Spoke to them about it, they said they had a “promotion” on regarding enticing back full lapsed members. I advised that I was less than impressed given the long wait lists to gold but they were not apologetic at all. Seems they don’t really care it’s all about the extra dollar, which is standard given the infiltration into the members area of corporate tickets and medallion club etc.

Spoke to them about it, they said they had a “promotion” on regarding enticing back full lapsed members. I advised that I was less than impressed given the long wait lists to gold but they were not apologetic at all. Seems they don’t really care it’s all about the extra dollar, which is standard given the infiltration into the members area of corporate tickets and medallion club etc.
And those who quit because of financial reasons during covid

Tis the season for upgrades! Keen to know who is getting the golden ticket. Hopefully you get the nod Teddy. I don’t blame you for being pi$$ed at the AFL recruiting lapsed members. My best mate has been waiting since 2008(?) and is still yet to be offered full. He’s around 800 on the waitlist so fingers crossed for him (and you) for receiving the upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back