AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much do you honestly think someone will sell a GF ticket to you for unless a friend or family member of yours?

It’s also “illegal” to pass on your AFL members ticket to anyone, if caught that AFL member runs the risk of losing there membership, so yeah I understand why they ask for high prices.

It takes years these days to become a full member. Talking anywhere between 20-30 years from scratch these days.

If it were Collingwood playing in a GF I would have no hesitation in paying $1k for a ticket if needed.
Ahhh no, not quite. Passing on your AFL membership isn't illegal. It's just not allowed.

Scalping is illegal, as it comes with a fine, an actual proper legal fine. They are very different.

But my best mate who is MCC was unsuccessful so I'm on the hunt for him.
Why are you hunting for an MCC member??

If an MCC member unsuccessful in ballot, still can just line up early enough on Sat morning / camp out on Friday to get himself a seat.

The scalping going on from AFL Gold members is beyond a joke. Tickets $1k and above.
Just out of interest, how do you know they are AFL Gold Members?
I'm an AFL Gold Member but my ticket doesn't say that I'm an AFL Member.
It does say the seat is within the AFL Reserve though, but so are lots of peoples seats.

It does say the seat is within the AFL Reserve though, but so are lots of peoples seats.
That's true, there would be at least 10k tickets in the AFL reserve that are not AFL members.

Haha. Last resort option
In my Ticketek account there is still a print at home pdf option button available which is better than a crappy screenshot print. Not sure if that somehow disables the mobile ticket though.

Also if you ask nicely at the window at gate 6 when they are not busy they may print a proper ticket for you, surely they have this option available for people having problems with their phone on the day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've always wondered how many people give up their AFL memberships each year?

I gather some years would have bigger attrition rates than others.
Yep it varies a lot, and this thread has about 10 years of history in it covering what happened each year with the queue for gold. I was going to collate it all one day but never got around to it. There's also the added complication of people changing to 'absentee' status and then jumping back in at some point.

In my last 2 years of silver before I got gold I moved about 4,500 spots in the queue. But then there were some lean years with less than a thousand upgraded each year, this year it appears to have been close to 2,000.

Why are you hunting for an MCC member??

If an MCC member unsuccessful in ballot, still can just line up early enough on Sat morning / camp out on Friday to get himself a seat.
He's stuck in Sydney. Well was. Sorted him. He couldn't leave till Saturday morning. Anyway.
Original ticket cost

Anyone been asked to show their membership credentials?

I walked in 10 mins ago, couldn’t see anyone checking

So i assume they’re AFL members, but why do people wear their clubs colours to a game they’re not playing in?

Never understood it? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
It’s how you spot real AFL Members. The ones in competing club colours sitting in crap seats aren’t.

In P25. Have seen a few Melbourne supporters around me - including SWMBO sitting next to me. Mainly Geelong, but a few Swans supporters.

I sat next to someone who literally bought a Syd scarf at 1/4 time.
Didn’t follow any team, didn’t like footy, was given a ticket during the week

I sat next to someone who literally bought a Syd scarf at 1/4 time.
Didn’t follow any team, didn’t like footy, was given a ticket during the week
I had three different people occupy the seat in front of me. A man in the first quarter, a woman in the second quarter, and a different man to the first man in the second half.

My wife and I were wtf? We could only surmise that some seat sharing was happening with those in the nosebleeds or in standing room.

And I had to put up with these insufferable Geelong flogs behind me laying into the Sydney bloke in the row in front. I thought some cut lunches were going to be thrown at one point. Geelong blokes had it coming.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I'm a gold member with Carlton club support & I have a family member keen to buy an AFL membership next year.

What's the best way to get guaranteed GF access (Carlton only) for a silver member?

Is there an option to get an add on through Carlton (Captains Club) without buying a completely new membership?

Or is there another option through the AFL membership?

Cheers

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I run a facebook group and the amount of messages I get from people with screen shots asking if tickets are legit, they are all afl members tickets, and they are all being sold for anywhere between 600 and 1200.
How do you know they're AFL members tickets, and not medallion club or past players tickets in the reserve?

Hi all,

I'm a gold member with Carlton club support & I have a family member keen to buy an AFL membership next year.

What's the best way to get guaranteed GF access (Carlton only) for a silver member?

Is there an option to get an add on through Carlton (Captains Club) without buying a completely new membership?

Or is there another option through the AFL membership?

Cheers

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Until you're AFL gold, the only way to get a guaranteed GF ticket is through the club. Geelong sell a premiership membership that upgrades you to Priority 1 in the ballot, think most clubs have that sort of thing (although for the "big" clubs you might have to shell out quite a bit)

It's illegal. The one single sporting event in the entire country that is meant to be protected.

Yeah, I have a massive problem with it.

I don’t really have a problem with it only because it’s an ass of a law. Designed to protect business and fat cats.

They’re fine with scalping as long as the clubs and league do it themselves. The law is happy for them all to charge $1400-$5000 for a ticket.

Once we see each AFL club being given 100 tickets each, and the AFL itself capped at 3000 for their cronies… then all the rest available going to competing club members… I’m happy for them to start going after scalping AFL members.

FWIW I’m a gold member and went yesterday. Cost me $200. If I was in a different financial situation, it’d be very hard to knock back $1000+ for my ticket. So I can’t judge them too harshly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back