Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 29, 2007
Rand McNally
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
I don’t really have a problem with it only because it’s an ass of a law. Designed to protect business and fat cats.

They’re fine with scalping as long as the clubs and league do it themselves. The law is happy for them all to charge $1400-$5000 for a ticket.

Once we see each AFL club being given 100 tickets each, and the AFL itself capped at 3000 for their cronies… then all the rest available going to competing club members… I’m happy for them to start going after scalping AFL members.

FWIW I’m a gold member and went yesterday. Cost me $200. If I was in a different financial situation, it’d be very hard to knock back $1000+ for my ticket. So I can’t judge them too harshly.
Agree… Most of the non competing clubs tickets end up in the “official scalpers “ packages.

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
So i assume they’re AFL members, but why do people wear their clubs colours to a game they’re not playing in?

Never understood it? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Yeah I shake my head, there was 1 lady in front of me all decked out in Adelaide fan clothes etc. I was like seriously why would you wear your club that you follow to the Grand Final when your team isn't competing...
Lol 3rd world problems

Do AFL members get access to the T20 World Cup?
No. The ICC are the ones running it. The MCC reserve doesn't even exist for the games. All they get is a pre sale. Outside of that the whole ground is public seating.

budge27

All Australian
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Redskins, Northwestern, Dodgers
No. The ICC are the ones running it. The MCC reserve doesn't even exist for the games. All they get is a pre sale. Outside of that the whole ground is public seating.

Same for WACA members at Optus- just got offered a presale. Considering WACA members have had next to no cricket for 2 seasons you’d thought they might help out and do a heavily discounted price…but also no.

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham
Well I'm going into my 8th, I emailed them about 3 weeks back and just to ask for a indication and the reply said 5/6 years roughly
I'd say that is optimistic but it's all guesswork really. This year 2000 people were upgraded but in recent years there's been only a couple of hundred. Just depends on how much turnover there is.

Nov 16, 2004
Location Location
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
I'd say that is optimistic but it's all guesswork really. This year 2000 people were upgraded but in recent years there's been only a couple of hundred. Just depends on how much turnover there is.
I dont trust those numbers as silver members going to gold . Earlier in the thread it was established that gold lapsed members were offered to go back to gold for a price without waiting .That corrupts the system . Also the reserve has medallion club members and high priced members from interstate clubs. That means seats that could be upgraded silver members to gold are taken away

Sep 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I dont trust those numbers as silver members going to gold . Earlier in the thread it was established that gold lapsed members were offered to go back to gold for a price without waiting .That corrupts the system . Also the reserve has medallion club members and high priced members from interstate clubs. That means seats that could be upgraded silver members to gold are taken away
Gold is capped at about 30,000 and has been for a long time.
They can give out seats on game day to other groups but that doesn't affect the number of silver members that get upgraded each year - it just makes it harder to get good seats for certain games. The interstate club members that are allowed in would typically be for games where the reserve is no where near full anyway. If you got rid of all that I think it would still be 30,000 gold.

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
People who had a waitlist number up to 2000 got upgraded this year. So that's any addition to any lapsed members etc that came back.

Ari

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 5, 2003
Pascoe Vale
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Ferrari
Yeah I shake my head, there was 1 lady in front of me all decked out in Adelaide fan clothes etc. I was like seriously why would you wear your club that you follow to the Grand Final when your team isn't competing...
Lol 3rd world problems

I can almost understand a scarf or a hat, but being full decked out is next level.

I went to the GF and wore a dark blue hat with NY in white on it and a blue hoodie with white draw strings. No need for my colours on that day, and I wasn't about to wear Geelong gear per se.

Amen Corner

Debutant
Feb 4, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Vancouver Canucks
Just completed the survey and was reminded of the value packs promised at the conclusion of 2020 for those who paid in full during the season. Those were supposed to be redeemed in 2021 but yet another season was ruined by Covid. Has anyone received their “value pack”? I nominated the behind the scenes experience but have received donuts to date and not really expecting anything now….

Nov 16, 2004
Location Location
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Just completed the survey and was reminded of the value packs promised at the conclusion of 2020 for those who paid in full during the season. Those were supposed to be redeemed in 2021 but yet another season was ruined by Covid. Has anyone received their “value pack”? I nominated the behind the scenes experience but have received donuts to date and not really expecting anything now….
I think the event got canned

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
My brother the same, was meant to get the dining packages but nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back