AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, a few facts for you to digest:

- Full AFL members pay an additional $150 or so each year, entitling them to subsidised and easy access to grand finals, as well as cheap access to preliminary finals.
- Full AFL members wait nearly ten years to get this privilege.

Why would you wait so long, and pay this amount, if you weren't going to use the privilege? Further, if club support Silver members were given priority over Full neutrals, there'd be a constant stream of bandwagoners picking up Silver membership for three or four years, then dropping it immediately when their team was no good. Full neutral members would then miss out, and throw their membership in, as they'd be paying, and paying extra, for nearly zero advantage.

Yes, we all think there should be more club members at the grand final. But there are far worthier targets - look at the handful of clubs who've very selfishly refused to trade their 1000 ticket allocation to the AFL, just so they can scalp the tickets for more than the AFL is offering (North Melbourne being the biggest culprit).

Spot on. I'm a Geelong silver member and have no problem with full afl member regardless of who they support going along and watching if they desire. What pisses me off (and there are quite a few on here) are people who have no intention of going to the game but looking to sell their ticket to make a profit. I really hop the afl get serious one year and check everyone who enters for their id and membership.

What pisses me off (and there are quite a few on here) are people who have no intention of going to the game but looking to sell their ticket to make a profit.
Yep. I love footy and only went for AFL Membership so i can hopefully go to every GF. I would never flog it off, as i would be scared of losing my membership.

It's a great deal

Yep. I love footy and only went for AFL Membership so i can hopefully go to every GF. I would never flog it off, as i would be scared of losing my membership.

It's a great deal

It's the reason I went back to AFL Membership after a couple of years as a Premium MFC Member - the clubs just can't compete! If your team makes the GF and you go to every game you'll save between $300-$360 (per person) on finals tickets alone! I signed my kids up at birth so by the time they're 10-12 we'll have the option of going to the GF every year if we want.

AFL Membership is the best deal in town and club members who criticise it don't know what they're missing out on.
And it will be too late soon if they realise. Capped at 60k...the Bronze option will end up being a popular item. Waiting lists for Silver will soon be a thing.

AFL Membership is the best deal in town and club members who criticise it don't know what they're missing out on.
******* right it is, we pay almost the same just for club membership and then have to fork out for finals!

Actually I might switch to it, does it offer seated access to Adelaide Oval or is it just general admission? Can anyone tell me, the site is very unclear.

It's the reason I went back to AFL Membership after a couple of years as a Premium MFC Member - the clubs just can't compete! If your team makes the GF and you go to every game you'll save between $300-$360 (per person) on finals tickets alone! I signed my kids up at birth so by the time they're 10-12 we'll have the option of going to the GF every year if we want.

Just wondering how much is a GF ticket for a Full member? I can only see silver member prices on the AFL Membership website (as I am a silver member) and they are btn $320-$390 per seat.

AFL Membership tweeted this morning that there would be "extremely limited" availability for Silver members with club support, but most were single seats.

They've also tweeted that there won't be any tickets for silver members without club support.

Just wondering how much is a GF ticket for a Full member? I can only see silver member prices on the AFL Membership website (as I am a silver member) and they are btn $320-$390 per seat.

Yeah, while Silver members should be paying more than Full members, the prices they charge are extortionate, given they're usually about as expensive as the premium seats in the public area, but the seats left for Silvers are generally in the last half dozen rows of level 4.

******* right it is, we pay almost the same just for club membership and then have to fork out for finals!

Actually I might switch to it, does it offer seated access to Adelaide Oval or is it just general admission? Can anyone tell me, the site is very unclear.

Looks like it's just general admission, and only if you have club support for the home team (so no away showdowns). You can pay extra each week to reserve a seat at adelaide oval if you really wanted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, while Silver members should be paying more than Full members, the prices they charge are extortionate, given they're usually about as expensive as the premium seats in the public area, but the seats left for Silvers are generally in the last half dozen rows of level 4.

I guess they would say "well go and try getting a seat in the public area and see how you go."

I don't really have as much of a problem with the price - my issues are 1) how much of the "AFL members" seating is flogged off to legal scalpers and 2) how poorly (I think) the system works for silver members with club support.

As a silver member with Eagles club support, I never expected that I'd get a ticket this year. But I expected a LOT better than what I got last year for the money I paid.

I guess they would say "well go and try getting a seat in the public area and see how you go."

I don't really have as much of a problem with the price - my issues are 1) how much of the "AFL members" seating is flogged off to legal scalpers and 2) how poorly (I think) the system works for silver members with club support.

As a silver member with Eagles club support, I never expected that I'd get a ticket this year. But I expected a LOT better than what I got last year for the money I paid.

Your last statement contradicted your first.

Although if they were able to restrict the number of AFL full members flogging off their tickets to undeserving people then the flow on would mean that more tickets are available for silver members with club support.

Unfortunately until the AFL gets tough and actually starts checking tickets at the gate (all it would take is a very thorough check at one grand final) then nothing will change. People complain about corporates getting a number of tickets, but I think full members selling theirs is even worse. At least the corporates are putting in dollars, a guys mate who's been a barracker for 10 years but never had a membership of any type contributes nothing should get stuffed.

Your last statement contradicted your first.

Yeah, I guess it does re-reading it.

What (I think) I meant was that I didn't mind the $360 or whatever I paid to get in - I did mind that the lucky few silver members with club support that got in were jammed in the back 3 rows of level 4.

I know there's no real agreement on this - especially from belligerent and self-entitled full members - I just think letting theatre going full members in ahead of club supporters (with silver membership) is completely contrary to what the AFL have beensaying they're trying to do in making the grand final, and the league more generally, for the fans more than for corporates and for sponsors.

And I think it's hypocritical that "we" bitch and moan about all the corporate seating, but full members feel entitled to their spot. Of course, under the current rules, they are "entitled" to it - but if they don't go for either side, they're no different to the corporates.

Although if they were able to restrict the number of AFL full members flogging off their tickets to undeserving people then the flow on would mean that more tickets are available for silver members with club support.

Yep. Someone has already posted on twitter a bunch of ebay ads in the AFL members area.

Some of those might be corporate seats that people are flogging - but I really don't care, it still makes me pissed off on behalf of Bulldogs supporters that people are scalping seats for over $1000 that should rightfully be for club-supporting silver members.

Yep. Someone has already posted on twitter a bunch of ebay ads in the AFL members area.

Some of those might be corporate seats that people are flogging - but I really don't care, it still makes me pissed off on behalf of Bulldogs supporters that people are scalping seats for over $1000 that should rightfully be for club-supporting silver members.
Would love to see the afl buy some of the tickets then cancel the membership of the flog scalping then

Would love to see the afl buy some of the tickets then cancel the membership of the flog scalping then

I'm following the dude on twitter who posted the ebay ads. They replied saying they were monitoring sites and those contravening the relevant Act would have their ads removed.

But they haven't said whether they'll cancel memberships, and the salient point this random on twitter makes is that if they're already stridently saying "there will be no further sales", how diligent are they being in cancelling the scalped tickets that could then be sold to other members?

What (I think) I meant was that I didn't mind the $360 or whatever I paid to get in - I did mind that the lucky few silver members with club support that got in were jammed in the back 3 rows of level 4.

I know there's no real agreement on this - especially from belligerent and self-entitled full members - I just think letting theatre going full members in ahead of club supporters (with silver membership) is completely contrary to what the AFL have beensaying they're trying to do in making the grand final, and the league more generally, for the fans more than for corporates and for sponsors.
So you think a Silver member who joined up in July should get preference over someone who waited 10 years on the waiting list?

Unfortunately until the AFL gets tough and actually starts checking tickets at the gate (all it would take is a very thorough check at one grand final) then nothing will change. People complain about corporates getting a number of tickets, but I think full members selling theirs is even worse. At least the corporates are putting in dollars, a guys mate who's been a barracker for 10 years but never had a membership of any type contributes nothing should get stuffed.

On the other hand at least those tickets are generally going to supporters of the competing clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back