AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You basically have to be unemployed, selfish, and have no commitments to pull off even 25 games. If you support an interstate club then 22 is a great go. I still love walking down to the 'G on a Sunday and sitting on the bottom tier for a daytime game, it's really relaxing and hearing the players and the claps and kicks reminds me of suburban footy. Really cool.

I get close to 40 games most seasons, although sometimes the games are just half games (eg a game at MCG and Etihad might partially overlap, and I will catch the end of one game after another has finished). I'm not unemployed or selfish, but do have minimal commitments (no kids, and my wife likes it when I'm not around, so that helps!). Most years I start off strong, seeing lots of games in the first 6-7 rounds, to a point where I think I will hit 40 by around round 15, but i drop off a bit as the weather gets worse and they have more games at Etihad (I prefer the G!). This year I might try to make it to 40 to test whether they really do cut you off.

Moving to Brisbane in 2 weeks time (permanently at this stage), really annoyed AFL members have no access to the Gabba or Metricon unless they have Lions/Suns club support. Would have attended a few games had I got general admission access with my card or even access at a discounted fee. I noticed even competing clubs have no access as AFL members to either of these stadiums. Keeping digging your own grave...

Moving to Brisbane in 2 weeks time (permanently at this stage), really annoyed AFL members have no access to the Gabba or Metricon unless they have Lions/Suns club support. Would have attended a few games had I got general admission access with my card or even access at a discounted fee. I noticed even competing clubs have no access as AFL members to either of these stadiums. Keeping digging your own grave...

Cant even get into Kardinia Park as an away supporter with an AFL membership, have to fork out ridiculous rates for a general admission seat. Unless you're a supporter of a Vic team or live in Melbourne and just love going to games/finals there's really no benefit to it

You basically have to be unemployed, selfish, and have no commitments to pull off even 25 games. If you support an interstate club then 22 is a great go. I still love walking down to the 'G on a Sunday and sitting on the bottom tier for a daytime game, it's really relaxing and hearing the players and the claps and kicks reminds me of suburban footy. Really cool.

By 'no commitments' I assume you mean no kids. Pretty ignorant comment.

I work FT and easily get to 25-35 H&A games a season, including every game in Geelong (I live and work in Melbourne). I haven't missed a week one-three final in Melbourne since I became an AFL member in 2007.

I'm not being an a-hole! I was a lazy arse student back in the day and that's why I got such value from mine, I'm not being aggressive. I'm just saying a lot of people work 9-5, they have a kid or a girlfriend to spend time with on Friday night to Sunday, friends to try and fit in, interests and other hobbies (people also like seeing bands, or going to a movie, or an exhibition) that may get in the way. For a lot of people, attending every home game is a good get from life.

It was not a diss, or some harsh or nasty call at all.

I loved my life when I didn't work, rocked up to lectures in the clothes I wore the night before or were stuffed in a backpack in my mate's place at Franklin Street, walking to the footy after a night out or seeing a Friday night game to fill in the time alone. That bit of plastic reminds me of so many little special moments in the best days of my life. They were barely six months ago but I know they're over.

Also just because you prioritise football... so what? I love the game but if it's going as a neutral to Hawthorn v Richmond or going to a party, I know what I'll do.

I'm not being an a-hole! I was a lazy arse student back in the day and that's why I got such value from mine, I'm not being aggressive. I'm just saying a lot of people work 9-5, they have a kid or a girlfriend to spend time with on Friday night to Sunday, friends to try and fit in, interests and other hobbies (people also like seeing bands, or going to a movie, or an exhibition) that may get in the way. For a lot of people, attending every home game is a good get from life.

It was not a diss, or some harsh or nasty call at all.

I loved my life when I didn't work, rocked up to lectures in the clothes I wore the night before or were stuffed in a backpack in my mate's place at Franklin Street, walking to the footy after a night out or seeing a Friday night game to fill in the time alone. That bit of plastic reminds me of so many little special moments in the best days of my life. They were barely six months ago but I know they're over.
That's the boat I'm in, and even with a fiancé and soon to be mother-in-law who love their footy and asked me to join the cheer squad, I still consider myself lucky to get to 12 games a season plus finals! Getting to 25 games would be incredible...but would realistically require me to move to Melbourne I feel.

Footy fan? :thumbsdown:

Cant even get into Kardinia Park as an away supporter with an AFL membership, have to fork out ridiculous rates for a general admission seat. Unless you're a supporter of a Vic team or live in Melbourne and just love going to games/finals there's really no benefit to it

Why would Geelong reject a club member season ticketholder in favour of an AFL member, who choose not to join their club, pay the AFL instead? Cookey is not crazy ..

Why would Geelong reject a club member season ticketholder in favour of an AFL member, who choose not to join their club, pay the AFL instead? Cookey is not crazy ..
Exactly. There's not really much point to have an AFL members area in Geelong when the vast, vast majority of AFL members who attend games at KP choose Geelong club support anyway (myself included). If you don't choose Cats club support, why would the ground accommodate you for one match over those who pay into the club week in week out?

They do have GA areas though, surely the AFL could work something out where Geelong gets something for an AFL Member turning up and sitting in GA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else seen the MCG seating arrangements? I know for a fact I've been able to get N17 onwards in the past, but if I'm reading this right, then they've screwed AFL Membership seating to fit in "AFL Bays", whatever that means - but it doesn't look like seats we can book.

So now Level N is almost out of the equation. Correct me if I'm wrong - I understand there's 20? seats per row, and 11 rows per bay. This equates to around 1,320 seats allocated to "AFL Bays" that I know I could book previously (unsure about N15 and N16)

MCG%20Reserve%20Map2.jpg

Etihad still is the worst deal around for AFL members. These seats are also given to club members. I don't know why they couldn't also grant some L3 Premium as AFL Reserve allocated from on-sale.

ES%20AFL%20Reserve%20Map2.jpg

This in addition to the Bronze additions plus the decision not to remember the Guest Pass screwing of the system... AFL Members look like they're getting less and less value for money.

Of course I could be over-reacting if my facts above are wrong, but I don't think I'm wrong.

Those filthy ******* AFL pigs. I knew there were actively screwing the fans in previous years...but now this confirms it.

AFL Bays...what a ******* rort. Even members ******* dining fmd these campaigners.

* the AFL and * you Gil you whore

You mean standing in GA
I've been to Simonds for a few games and paid for a full ticket the first couple of times, but one I got a free 'upgrade' to stand up in the terrace and the other time I think I paid about $10 or whatever to upgrade to a city. This was all at the Ablett End.

Has anyone used one up in Queensland or something? Surely you can just walk in for free and use it ala waltzing into Melbourne v GWS at the MCG.

I wonder what it's like for games down in Tassie, especially Hobart where it sells out a little more, or Perth. Subi would be a nightmare.

Still no Membership card... ridiculous. Gotta say in my 10th year of membership the quality and standard of this product is declining year by year, not improving.

If you log in to your membership on the website it keeps a tally of how many games you've attended/reserved seats for. Not sure if it actually cuts you off at 40 or not though, I'll never get close enough to find out my wife would divorce me

I had to get my wife an AFL membership too so she comes with me 90% of the time. Not sure thats necessarily a good thing though.

I had to get my wife an AFL membership too so she comes with me 90% of the time. Not sure thats necessarily a good thing though.

I got my wife an AFL membership when I signed my kids up when they were born so in the future we'll be able to go to games, finals, GF's together. She only goes to a handful of games a year though - she's a Geelong supporter so access to the finals pretty much pays for her membership :(

Still no Membership card... ridiculous. Gotta say in my 10th year of membership the quality and standard of this product is declining year by year, not improving.

Same - paid up in November, emailed them on 7/2 asking where my card was (all of my mates have received theirs) and they said it had just been processed and would be sent out soon. 2.5 weeks on, still no card..

Same - paid up in November, emailed them on 7/2 asking where my card was (all of my mates have received theirs) and they said it had just been processed and would be sent out soon. 2.5 weeks on, still no card..
I think they copied and pasted your email word for word to me when I asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back