AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received my card last Thursday. It was a process though as I described a few pages back whatever they've changed in there clearly isn't working. For 9 years now it's been a seamless transition for me year to year but this time around was nothing but stuff ups. I get that mistakes are always going to be made and some problems slip between the cracks but I feel there's more problems this year than in the past but that's just my opinion.

Re the seating, I'll give you my surprised look... I referred to this several pages ago in regards to Etihad arrangements. AFL Members will not get access to Medallion Club as many have speculated. At this stage, I believe, it'll only be Premiership Club granted conditional access to Medallion Club & the bays that Premiership Club have traditionally occupied will be allocated to AFL Members. The news on the AFL Bays is disappointing. I've sat in those seats for several past big matches such as ANZAC Day, finals etc. I'm disappointed yet not surprised.

I hope all you guys get your memberships soon & enjoy what promises to be a great season of footy.

I'm a little confused... what are the AFL bays at the MCG now? Is it no longer (basically) the entire Great Southern Stand (near the city end)? Is it now just the top deck?

I'm a little confused... what are the AFL bays at the MCG now? Is it no longer (basically) the entire Great Southern Stand (near the city end)? Is it now just the top deck?

From what I understand it pretty much all level 2 is no longer available to AFL members but level 1,3 and 4 are as usual. I am not sure who can sit in the 'AFL bays' on level two but I don't think its AFL members.

Wasn't level two usually an upgrade? I do get it – very shitty service considering they were considering axing the immediate sign-up availability of normal silver memberships – but I reckon I've sat in those cushy seats about three times and two of them were for Freo v Dees' games where they barely got 30,000 in the whole ground. Pretty sure the other we had to pre-book, might have been a Cats and Hawks prelim. I went after drinking a six pack in the park and having a kick and decided then and there half-pissy footy was not for me.

Basically, don't get the hype.

Wasn't level two usually an upgrade? I do get it – very shitty service considering they were considering axing the immediate sign-up availability of normal silver memberships – but I reckon I've sat in those cushy seats about three times and two of them were for Freo v Dees' games where they barely got 30,000 in the whole ground. Pretty sure the other we had to pre-book, might have been a Cats and Hawks prelim. I went after drinking a six pack in the park and having a kick and decided then and there half-pissy footy was not for me.

Basically, don't get the hype.

I 100% agree with this.

At a game with 30-40k people there, given the choice between being crammed in on a crowded level 2(N) with the prawn sanga eating corporates or sitting on level 2A(P) with more room, less people, and just as good of a view, I will take 2A every single time. Level 2 is highly overrated.

Not sat there for a while but my guess is those seats simply end up reserved very early by AFL members that very very rarely walk up seats available in that area. But fairly sure as AFL member you can sit there.

From what I understand it pretty much all level 2 is no longer available to AFL members but level 1,3 and 4 are as usual. I am not sure who can sit in the 'AFL bays' on level two but I don't think its AFL members.

It's the same as last year.

Bays 23/24 are AFL Members Dining, 25/26/27 are AFL Members.

21/22 are Premiership Club (a hospitality membership).

The rest are seats purchased by Corporates and also Club Reserved seats further around the GSS.

Personally, if the weather is good I reckon 2A is better to watch football.

Last edited:
Has anyone used an AFL Membership in Perth or Adelaide?

You'll struggle - Perth and Adelaide clubs are very protective of their seating, same with Geelong at Simonds and a lot of other interstate clubs.

It's fair enough, clubs have enough trouble making money without giving access to people who don't directly contribute to the club with $$.

Yes.
Reciprocal rights.
I have been to Subiaco game of Fremantle v Carlton, SCG game of Sydney v Carlton and even the crap Homenush venue once.
Went to Football Park at least twice when Carlton played there.
How did it work? I think I did it once down in Geelong and got standing for free. Think Freo nor Geelong were competing at the level they were in the previous seasons, though.

You'll struggle - Perth and Adelaide clubs are very protective of their seating, same with Geelong at Simonds and a lot of other interstate clubs.

It's fair enough, clubs have enough trouble making money without giving access to people who don't directly contribute to the club with $$.
Freo and West Coast make millions through rorting fans with sub-standard, 30-year old amenities and charging people $800 for season tickets literally lower than ground level. I don't have much empathy. With Freo being rubbish this season most likely, I wonder how easy it'd be? I just want to go to Subi one last time and not pay $70 for the privilege.

Moving to Brisbane in 2 weeks time (permanently at this stage), really annoyed AFL members have no access to the Gabba or Metricon unless they have Lions/Suns club support. Would have attended a few games had I got general admission access with my card or even access at a discounted fee. I noticed even competing clubs have no access as AFL members to either of these stadiums. Keeping digging your own grave...

The Lions and Suns won't let you in for free? Wow, what monsters!

How did it work? I think I did it once down in Geelong and got standing for free. Think Freo nor Geelong were competing at the level they were in the previous seasons, though.
Been a while since I did it but from memory pretty sure just went to ticket booth, presented card and they have an allocated amount for the rare number of AFL members wanting to buy tickets when interstate. I assume it is same at Geelong but I not been Geelong for so long as Carlton never play there since early 1990's. There is no discount price but just means you get access to tickets that otherwise a person just turning up with no membership card could not get if general admission is sold out. I think I went to Subiaco game about 8 or 9 years ago. Things may have changed by then. Also the SCG game I went to Craig Bradley was still playing.. so some of this could be outdated now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been a while since I did it but from memory pretty sure just went to ticket booth, presented card and they have an allocated amount for the rare number of AFL members wanting to buy tickets when interstate. I assume it is same at Geelong but I not been Geelong for so long as Carlton never play there since early 1990's. There is no discount price but just means you get access to tickets that otherwise a person just turning up with no membership card could not get if general admission is sold out. I think I went to Subiaco game about 8 or 9 years ago. Things may have changed by then. Also the SCG game I went to Craig Bradley was still playing.. so some of this could be outdated now.

So some time from 1987 to 2002?

So confirmed no guest passes for Rd 1 Carlton v Richmond

Sucks when you want to bring a couple of mates for a big match

Are you sure that's not just for the Members Presale on today?

The only game that doesn't needs guests to sell out is Anzac day.
yeah i would expect its because its member presale, will know for sure on the general public on sale date

Never got the hype for the guest tickets... aren't they $25 or $30 odd? For the price you're better off just walking over to GA and letting your mates buy the cheaper tickets there. I mean the seats are going to be similar. It'd be cool if you could use say two games of your 40 for a guest for free but otherwise, one of the 'perks' that didn't affect me.

Never got the hype for the guest tickets... aren't they $25 or $30 odd? For the price you're better off just walking over to GA and letting your mates buy the cheaper tickets there. I mean the seats are going to be similar. It'd be cool if you could use say two games of your 40 for a guest for free but otherwise, one of the 'perks' that didn't affect me.

Guest tix are ~$50 last time I checked. Absolute rip off - when it's a big crowd only home team support members can get through to GA from memory

If its a GA game, you should definitely go sit in the Olympic. Same view, No sun, more play on the Members side of the field.
I think 2 reserved seats in GP areas is more expensive than a Member upgrade and a guest pass in the AFL members though. Especially if its not your home game.

The lack of action on Etihad seats is a joke...

Ive found in lower drawing games you can just scan in and sit on lvl 2 without any issues, you have no chance the big matches.
Lvl 2A is better anyway. Got P20 to the Easter Monday clash today!

Do the AFL make all AFL Reserve tix available for the pre-sale today? I can't get any for the Melb/Ess game at Docklands on Apr 30, does that mean it is sold out? Or will more become available at a later time? What about the area on level 3?
You likely missed out on the AFL Members allocation of 3.2 seats at Etihad

Lvl 2A is better anyway. Got P20 to the Easter Monday clash today!
Round 4 goes on sale March 17?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back