AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That was fast! Really does look like its going to be a sell out. So for those AFL members from other clubs who are attending -

How many of you are supporting Richmond?
How many are barracking for GWS/against the Tigers?
How many are there for the spectacle/atmosphere?

That was fast! Really does look like its going to be a sell out. So for those AFL members from other clubs who are attending -

I am supporting GWS. I am there to troll my partner, friends and any Richmond person around me.

If Richmond look like winning, ill get on board and start cheering them on.

GF day will be the same

I'm going and will answer as follows:

How many of you are supporting Richmond? NO
How many are barracking for GWS/against the Tigers? NO
How many are there for the spectacle/atmosphere? NO

I am there because it is a preliminary final and like to go to as many as possible like I did last year to see Swans cream Cats in no time at all. None were here in 2015 and previous to that saw a great prelim final between Hawks and Port at the G. That one was really special to see live at ground and see the setup at the final centre bounce of the game. Somethings you cannot get on tv that being there live with your own eyes you do.

Looking forward to history being made and the Giants make their first grand final. That would be special to see, so my soft spot certainly with them plus I like the way they play when they get going. A shame Jeremy Cameron is not playing but they still got plenty of weapons to do the job.

I am there because it is a preliminary final and like to go to as many as possible like I did last year to see Swans cream Cats in no time at all. None were here in 2015 and previous to that saw a great prelim final between Hawks and Port at the G. That one was really special to see live at ground and see the setup at the final centre bounce of the game. Somethings you cannot get on tv that being there live with your own eyes you do.

Looking forward to history being made and the Giants make their first grand final. That would be special to see, so my soft spot certainly with them plus I like the way they play when they get going. A shame Jeremy Cameron is not playing but they still got plenty of weapons to do the job.

I thought that would be the case. So why there will be less than 5000 official GWS supporters there but at least another 5-10 thousand neutrals actively barracking against Richmond. Still leaves 85 thousands Tigers fans screaming out but there may be more noise when the Giants kick a goal than people first thought.

There are no GA tickets for prelim finals, it's all reserved seating.
Today was the AFL Members sale, M17-27 and N,P,Q.

Sometimes they sell standing room tickets for members and guests, maybe that's what you're thinking of?

The GA tickets were guest passes. I'm unsure how many were sold, but as a Silver member you could upgrade to it. It was a few dollars cheaper than reserving a seat right at the back of level Q.

I thought that would be the case. So why there will be less than 5000 official GWS supporters there but at least another 5-10 thousand neutrals actively barracking against Richmond.
Not really. If I barrack actively at all, it will be FOR the Giants.
But it is a lot harder to barrack actively for any club I do not follow with a passion like my own club.
I may have clapped some exciting play by Swans last year but hardly call that actively barracking or cheering.
This is such a massive contrast to going to 1999 prelim final and us going of our nut for our team it is not funny. The excitement levels and the level of tension was off the scales that day. But I still enjoy games I get to whether I barrack for someone or not as ultimately I like football as a sport. A good game is a good game whomever is playing. I have no soft spot for Port or Hawks but still thoroughly enjoyed the game being there live to see it.

I hope it goes into extra time.

The GA tickets were guest passes. I'm unsure how many were sold, but as a Silver member you could upgrade to it. It was a few dollars cheaper than reserving a seat right at the back of level Q.
Was it standing room? That's the only possible GA for the prelim.
AFL Members only do General Admission seating if it's not sold out. Any areas of unsold seats are available as 'walk up' or 'general admission', first in best dressed, but the prelim was always going to sell out.

Booked my ticket because it's an "entitlement" and probably aligned to #3. Not sure I will actually go but as you saw from the news i had to buy or miss out entirely. No option to "resell" or gift either... could be an empty seat in M17 that I'd love to give away if I couldn't go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Booked my ticket because it's an "entitlement" and probably aligned to #3. Not sure I will actually go but as you saw from the news i had to buy or miss out entirely. No option to "resell" or gift either... could be an empty seat in M17 that I'd love to give away if I couldn't go.

It is so annoying there is no way to legally give a ticket away to someone that really wants to go in that last 24 hours if as an AFL member we find we cannot go for one reason or another.

Was it standing room? That's the only possible GA for the prelim.
AFL Members only do General Admission seating if it's not sold out. Any areas of unsold seats are available as 'walk up' or 'general admission', first in best dressed, but the prelim was always going to sell out.

Ticket just has GA guest pass. Enter via gate 6 or 7. No Section. No row. No seating. Doesn't say standing.

Pretty sure this is their unofficial policy. It's not harming or affecting anyone or causing them to lose $.

Do you have official confirmation of this?

I am an AFL member and for as long as I can remember the memberships have been non-transferrable.

The below seems very clear-cut and not at all in line with what you have posted.

7. Transferability

AFL Membership cards and associated benefits are for personal use only and may not be transferred to another person under any circumstances. Lending an AFL Membership card, or in any other way transferring AFL Membership benefits to another person, is a breach of AFL Membership terms and conditions and penalties apply (including downgrade or cancellation of the offending person’s AFL Membership). Regular ID checks will be carried out at grounds and online sale website searches will be conducted to detect any breaches of this condition. The AFL Membership card remains the property of the Australian Football League.

Ticket just has GA guest pass. Enter via gate 6 or 7. No Section. No row. No seating. Doesn't say standing.
Yep that will be standing room for this game.
I think they don't print 'standing room' on the ticket because for some finals there will be some sections available to sit in with that ticket, last Friday there were some areas on level 4.
https://membership.afl.com.au/around-grounds-0

Do you have official confirmation of this?

I am an AFL member and for as long as I can remember the memberships have been non-transferrable.

The below seems very clear-cut and not at all in line with what you have posted.
No nothing official, but I think it is unofficial policy. In one of these threads I think someone asked a membership official and they said that, but I can't recall exactly, I might try and find that post. By giving it to another member with the same rights as you no harm is done and it's better than the seat going empty.
At the gate they ask to see your membership card and id to prove that it's your membership card. They don't check to see what membership card that ticket is linked to, there is nothing on the ticket which enables them to check that on the spot, they would have to take it to a Ticketek computer and look it up there.

No nothing official, but I think it is unofficial policy. In one of these threads I think someone asked a membership official and they said that, but I can't recall exactly, I might try and find that post. By giving it to another member with the same rights as you no harm is done and it's better than the seat going empty.

As I said it seems very clear cut and I have never known any different.

To be honest unless there's clear evidence to the contrary I think it's pretty ordinary to speculate about 'unofficial policies'.

Forget the 'no harm done' angle. The official policy of the AFL - and the MCC for that matter - is that memberships are non-transferable.

The reality is that they are transferred all the time - as an AFL member I do it often every year - but there are clear risks involved in doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back