All Australian
Jun 25, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
San Diego Padres
Do you get free entry as a member???

No, it's pretty much GA prices, but you can reserve a seat. There is also access to the bar on level 2 which used to be pretty decent during the test since they would serve proper beer in glass etc, but this year its just mid-strength in plastic like any other drinks outlet which is a bit lame

No, it's pretty much GA prices, but you can reserve a seat. There is also access to the bar on level 2 which used to be pretty decent during the test since they would serve proper beer in glass etc, but this year its just mid-strength in plastic like any other drinks outlet which is a bit lame
L2 still did it in a glass.

The bar outside N23/N24 was just plastic as far as I could tell
The AFL members dining room bar? You could have it in glass. I know I was in there around lunch on day two and had a Carlton Mid and a Canadian Club in glass.
If you went outside you had to have it in plastic.

milhouse1

All Australian
Jun 25, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
San Diego Padres
Weird. Maybe they changed it as the test progressed, as I only went on day 4 and day 5, and both those days it was definitely only mid-strength in plastic cup. I also saw a few complaints about it on Twitter, so it wasn’t just me....

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Glass.. I was in there all boxing day
Weird. Maybe they changed it as the test progressed, as I only went on day 4 and day 5, and both those days it was definitely only mid-strength in plastic cup. I also saw a few complaints about it on Twitter, so it wasn’t just me....
I was there on day 3. Wasn't offered glass at all, don't remember seeing anyone drinking from glass either.

Bring-Back-Powell

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2005
Seattle
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Mariners
So if Collingwood are playing Essendon in the 2019 grand final will all Pies and Dons gold members be guranteed tickets?

I feel this could get ugly as I doubt 12,000 gold members (in total) got tickets to the 2018 GF.

panga

Debutant
Jun 7, 2007
Collingwood
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle United
anyone know typically when the on sale dates happen for the early rounds to upgrade seats? I'm thinking anzac day here.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
So my email shows they trying to flog Medallion club membership onto my AFL membership for $199 extra
My club has 6 designated home games there. $33 extra per game when already in the ground anyway. Kidding themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gopies1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
So if Collingwood are playing Essendon in the 2019 grand final will all Pies and Dons gold members be guranteed tickets?

I feel this could get ugly as I doubt 12,000 gold members (in total) got tickets to the 2018 GF.

Collingwood have 12,000 afl members is total which is 5,000 more then the next club in Carlton. Essendon are about 6,500! In term of full gold afl Collingwood are on 6,500 and Essendon 4,800

funk44

Skookum Choocher
Mar 31, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
So my email shows they trying to flog Medallion club membership onto my AFL membership for $199 extra
My club has 6 designated home games there. $33 extra per game when already in the ground anyway. Kidding themselves.
Does that only get you access to Medallion for Carlton home games or the whole season?

I've heard about this but haven't received an email myself on it

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Does that only get you access to Medallion for Carlton home games or the whole season?

The whole season but barely would consider another game at Docklands for rest of season. It is only of value to someone wanting to go to Docklands games regardless of what team they follow and would pay premium to upgrade to seating in level 2. That is like 2% of us.

Feb 13, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
The whole season but barely would consider another game at Docklands for rest of season. It is only of value to someone wanting to go to Docklands games regardless of what team they follow and would pay premium to upgrade to seating in level 2. That is like 2% of us.
If my club was a docklands tenant I'd consider it. $10-20 per match to upgrade to decent seats is pretty tempting.

Check your junk mail just in case. They only sending them to gold members from what I could tell so if you Silver member they unlikely to offer it.

I'm gold, but no gold member I know has received it

So the email hasn't been sent to all gold members

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
I'm gold, but no gold member I know has received it

So the email hasn't been sent to all gold members

Maybe they sending to just Carlton and Essendon gold members. Probably not much point to a Hawks gold member as you got at most 1 home game at Docklands. We should see if Saints, Dogs and North gold AFL members getting these emails.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton play there 9 times this season. So that's $22. Home and away shouldn't matter to AFL members.

* ,did not even realise we played there that many. I barely tolerate the joint for 6 games we play as no real home. I forgot we had more. $22 is at least south of $33. Get it down to $10 and I am in...lol

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
copy some of email relevant. Upgrade price they quote is $199 for season.

Introducing Marvel Stadium Gold+

As an AFL Gold Member, we are excited to present to you an exclusive offer allowing amazing access to level 2 at Marvel Stadium.
Enjoy the 2019 Toyota AFL Premiership Season from some of the best seats in Marvel Stadium with our new Marvel Stadium Gold Plus upgrade!

With the Marvel Stadium Gold Plus upgrade, you will have access to:
762db64a-cc82-4789-8faf-2d6fca96db10.png
Level 2 seating within the Medallion Club enclosure (Aisle 48) at $20, available for all matches during the 2019 AFL Toyota Premiership Season at Marvel Stadium

Purchase guest passes for other AFL Members and your friends and family at the Medallion Club Guest Pass price

Dine at Southside Place, the newest edition to Medallion Club, offering exciting shared menu experience, catering to all tastes with fabulous cocktails on tap

Exclusive cash bar facilities on level 2 in Medallion Club on matchday, and
Pre-sales for other events at Marvel Stadium, including concerts, A-League and BBL

This exclusive offer is only available to Gold AFL Members.
Upgrade today and secure yourself unrivalled access to Marvel Stadium this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back