teknodeejay

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 14, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, Arsenal
There's about 2,000 people ahead me in the queue for the Diamond category.

So I've still got a little while to go.

There isn't much difference between the Gold & Diamond anyway. Although the 30% off footy records and secret peek hole access to the umpires change rooms will enhance my match day experience :thumbsu:

Diamond??!! Did I miss something?

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
New to being an AFL member, how do you guys know which games to reserve seats for? Are there any regular season MCG games other than Anzac day that you might not be scan in for on the day?

I don't mind sitting on level 4 but there are some games that I don't want to miss out on so will fork over the cash to reserve seats if I have to. Pretty keen on going to round 1 Geelong Collingwood and Easter Monday.[/QUOTEI More or less get a sense of demand. For example the hype around Walsh in media, scared me enough to make sure already reserved seats for Carlton v Richmond. I did miss out one year as assumed it would not be a sell out, but if both clubs sets of supporters got things to look forward to, virtual sellout. Anzac day itself lost interest years ago when it became same two teams playing so never gone but assume it is a sellout with all Anzac Day veteran services around it. Virtually anything with the 4 big clubs in Melbourne if both playing each other and both in form you need to check what type of crowd expected.

t0mmO

All Australian
Sep 10, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Diamond??!! Did I miss something?

Someone posted about it last year. iirc it's called 'platinum', and the 1000 or so longest serving members get cheaper records, a few free guest passes, and only pay $100 for GF tickets. Nice little benefits for staying on since the Waverly days, and nothing that disadvantages gold members.

TheExtractorFactor

Premiership Player
Nov 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
New York Knicks/Football Giants
Got 2A for Dees/Tigers and Cats/Hawks and level 4 for Anzac day. As always annoying when you hover over a particular bay and it says multiple tickets available then it puts you in a different one or says allocation exhausted.

funk44

Skookum Choocher
Mar 31, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
At 9:01am best I could get was level 4 row BB for anzac day. Absolute bulshit yet again

Someone posted about it last year. iirc it's called 'platinum', and the 1000 or so longest serving members get cheaper records, a few free guest passes, and only pay $100 for GF tickets. Nice little benefits for staying on since the Waverly days, and nothing that disadvantages gold members.
Friend of the family has it, as he signed up for the VFL membership way back when, before VFL Park was build. It was $60 GF tickets from memory, but that was back in 2012 (he is a Swans member).

There's about 2,000 people ahead me in the queue for the Diamond category.

So I've still got a little while to go.

There isn't much difference between the Gold & Diamond anyway. Although the 30% off footy records and secret peek hole access to the umpires change rooms will enhance my match day experience :thumbsu:

How do you know where you are in the queue for Diamond? And how long have you been a member? I've been in since 1990 but my Dad first got his back in the early or mid 80s. I've often wondered how close he is to the top.

He's full of s**t, just makes stuff up in this thread to stir people.

Platinum membership does exist though, I still wonder how many people have been members longer than the 35 or so years my Dad has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back