AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh s**t. last night was bad as well.

waited 10 mins whilst idiots at the front had fingers in their bums
I never had an issue. I just scanned in.
God knows what we all will be doing next year.
Do we get issued with a smartcard or do we have to use our phones?

Sep 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I never had an issue. I just scanned in.
God knows what we all will be doing next year.
Do we get issued with a smartcard or do we have to use our phones?
Same, scanned in 5 minutes before start, no one in queue.

Pretty sure we still just scan member cards as usual next year. It's really just the purchased tickets that they will be using the new technology on.

Same, scanned in 5 minutes before start, no one in queue.

Pretty sure we still just scan member cards as usual next year. It's really just the purchased tickets that they will be using the new technology on.
The NFL has the same tech this year and its paperless.

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
USA is great for mobile tickets

Got 6 people mobile tickets but only one phone? Fine, just scan all 6 tickets on the phone and all walk in.

It should work ok, depending on the idiots at the door

But they can still scan a member card I think.
The NFLs case season tickets are in an app. I think in our case theyre keeping barcodes for it for the year while people get used to it. With two different ticket providers we might have barcodes for a while yet but the AFL will be looking.
It would stop people selling thier ticket at a premium.

The NFLs case season tickets are in an app. I think in our case theyre keeping barcodes for it for the year while people get used to it. With two different ticket providers we might have barcodes for a while yet but the AFL will be looking.
It would stop people selling thier ticket at a premium.
I have no faith in the AFL or either ticket agency to be able to get their s**t together and provide a working solution using tech

I have no faith in the AFL or either ticket agency to be able to get their s**t together and provide a working solution using tech
It won't work properly all the time
People will have difficulty using it
People will run out of battery and they won't have thought of charging stations at the gates
People will hate it
Older people especially will stress over it

It takes the average person longer to scan a ticket in from their phone than from the piece of paper

Other than that it will be great

You reckon?
Some people can take all day

With a paper ticket the attendant can literally take it off the truly stupid and scan it themselves

Really need to queues, for people who know what they are doing and for those who don't

Some people can take all day

With a paper ticket the attendant can literally take it off the truly stupid and scan it themselves

Really need to queues, for people who know what they are doing and for those who don't
NFC like the myki on Android would work much better than scanning a qcodes or barcodes

Bring-Back-Powell

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2005
Seattle
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Mariners
A bit of grand final ticket news:

Just had the AFL membership department confirm to me that competing gold AFL members of Collingwood and Richmond are not guaranteed a ticket if it's a Collingwood V Richmond grand final due to both clubs having a high amount of gold member allocation. However it will be highly likely gold members of both clubs will get one.

They also confirmed that Richmond and Geelong have about 3,000 Gold members each.

Does anyone know how many total seats were allocated to all Gold members in the AFL members reserve last year (2018 GF) before corporates and staff got their hands on them?

Sep 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Just had the AFL membership department confirm to me that competing gold AFL members of Collingwood and Richmond are not guaranteed a ticket if it's a Collingwood V Richmond grand final due to both clubs having a high amount of gold member allocation. However it will be highly likely gold members of both clubs will get one.

They also confirmed that Richmond and Geelong have about 3,000 Gold members each.

Does anyone know how many total seats were allocated to all Gold members in the AFL members reserve last year (2018 GF) before corporates and staff got their hands on them?
It's in this thread somewhere, was about 14k last year. Pies had 7k last time they released stats. Technically no gold members are guaranteed a seat, no matter who is playing, but in reality it is a virtual guarantee. They will ensure all competing gold can get one, they just won't explicitly guarantee it in case some unforeseen problem pops up.

NetworkNerd

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
AFL Member so all clubs I guess.

Gee this thread will explode if that happens and there were competing members missing out.

Can imagine alot of people would dump their membership if that happened in favour of a club guaranteed membership. That being said gold afl member is still a fair bit cheaper

Bring-Back-Powell

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2005
Seattle
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Mariners
Gee this thread will explode if that happens and there were competing members missing out.

Can imagine alot of people would dump their membership if that happened in favour of a club guaranteed membership. That being said gold afl member is still a fair bit cheaper
As Blue Harvest mentioned above 14,000 tickets were available for gold members, so therefore it sounds like all Collingwood and Richmond gold members would be catered for if a Pies V Tiges GF.

Collingwood 7,000 gold members.
Richmond 3,000 gold members (surprised not more)
Remaining 4,000 gold members

TOTAL 14,000

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham
As Blue Harvest mentioned above 14,000 tickets were available for gold members, so therefore it sounds like all Collingwood and Richmond gold members would be catered for if a Pies V Tiges GF.

Collingwood 7,000 gold members.
Richmond 3,000 gold members (surprised not more)
Remaining 4,000 gold members

TOTAL 14,000

Those numbers are outdated though - Collingwood might have 10k full members by now the reserve feels like a Collingwood members area during their games

Bring-Back-Powell

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2005
Seattle
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Mariners
Those numbers are outdated though - Collingwood might have 10k full members by now the reserve feels like a Collingwood members area during their games
As per page 160 of this thread, someone mentioned that Collingwood had 7K gold members last year which was referenced from the AFL Members twitter page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back