AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone’s quick to blame the gold member but they should be blaming the greedy dirty AFL.

Realistically, if you're a gold member now you've been an AFL member for over ten years. They deserve the option of going to the GF. They're much more likely to be fans of footy than the average mcc member or the however many thousands corporate attendees on the day.

ahh the good thing about being an MCC member

yeah you have to line up to get the best seats but seems better than the shitfight it seems to be to get actual tickets.

Realistically, if you're a gold member now you've been an AFL member for over ten years. They deserve the option of going to the GF. They're much more likely to be fans of footy than the average mcc member or the however many thousands corporate attendees on the day.

Ive been an afl member for the last 25 odd year and a gold member since ‘99, probably been to 300 odd games (rough guess)
But im not a real footy fan because I don’t have a home and away member :rolleyes:.

It seems as though AFL Gold Richmond Members who are 10+ year members are able to get a second ticket in the GWS allocation released today.

Interesting

As an AFL member id actually be fine if they limited it to completing club support. That’s all who really get it these days anyway. There used to be 22k GF tickets in the AFL members, the AFL have simply taken them away... they gave 5000 to the Medallion Club (and weren’t questioned and got away with it) and they reduce it further every year. I think I read it’s been around 13k in recent years? The days of getting a GF ticket as an AFL member are pretty much long gone unless your club is playing.

As an AFL member id actually be fine if they limited it to completing club support. That’s all who really get it these days anyway. There used to be 22k GF tickets in the AFL members, the AFL have simply taken them away... they gave 5000 to the Medallion Club (and weren’t questioned and got away with it) and they reduce it further every year. I think I read it’s been around 13k in recent years? The days of getting a GF ticket as an AFL member are pretty much long gone unless your club is playing.

Richmond has around 3k full club support members, that means there should be another 10k-13k tickets minimum to share amongst the rest of the 27k Full Members. Considering a lot of those will have no interest in going or paying for tickets if it's not their team there should be no reason why any Full Member wanting a ticket this year should miss out.

The issue is Full Members buying tickets just to scalp and/or give to friends who support the competing clubs. I can kind of understand that as for a lot of people whose club is playing the only way to get a ticket is to borrow an AFL members barcode, but there has been a massive increase in those who purchase them solely to scalp them to cover their membership fee for the year (and then some).

Richmond has around 3k full club support members, that means there should be another 10k-13k tickets minimum to share amongst the rest of the 27k Full Members. Considering a lot of those will have no interest in going or paying for tickets if it's not their team there should be no reason why any Full Member wanting a ticket this year should miss out.

The issue is Full Members buying tickets just to scalp and/or give to friends who support the competing clubs. I can kind of understand that as for a lot of people whose club is playing the only way to get a ticket is to borrow an AFL members barcode, but there has been a massive increase in those who purchase them solely to scalp them to cover their membership fee for the year (and then some).

If Richmond only have 3k full members (and I’m guessing GWS basically have zero), I’d be staggered if they sold 10-13k tickets to AFL members.

And I don’t trust their published breakdown one bit.

As for the scalping, it shouldn’t happen and I’d support measures to reduce it. Having said that, I’m not sure how much real “scalping” goes on. Plenty of lending of barcodes does I’m sure - giving it to family or friends who support of the clubs... but legitimate scalping (selling for a premium price) is actually pretty hard to do these days without a high risk of getting caught.

If Richmond only have 3k full members (and I’m guessing GWS basically have zero), I’d be staggered if they sold 10-13k tickets to AFL members.

And I don’t trust their published breakdown one bit.

As for the scalping, it shouldn’t happen and I’d support measures to reduce it. Having said that, I’m not sure how much real “scalping” goes on. Plenty of lending of barcodes does I’m sure - giving it to family or friends who support of the clubs... but legitimate scalping (selling for a premium price) is actually pretty hard to do these days without a high risk of getting caught.

It happens far more than you'd assume and is on the increase as more members realise there is extremely minimal risk.

I don't blame the members, they're just taking advantage of the system.
im a silver richmond member, i had to take advantage of the system, otherwise i wouldnt be going. Its not right but why should i miss out on my lifelong dream cause the AFL is greedy and gives all the tickets away to corporate scum who dont even care about the result?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No gold member has posted in this thread to say they missed out totally have they?
No there hasn’t been.
A couple of blokes cracked the sads when they were offered level Q and declined. But otherwise I think everyone’s got a ticket if they were prepared to go in a single or small group.

A compete contrast to last year’s disaster when it sold out in 10 minutes.

No gold member has posted in this thread to say they missed out totally have they?
I could only get a single seat so didn't bother. I'm not the kind to go to the footy by myself I wanted to at least get 2 tickets but had no luck.

I'm not too stressed about it as I wasn't determined to go but in the future I anticipate I will when my kids are older and if I can't get 2 or 3 tickets together I'll probably start questioning whether it's worth keeping the membership.

I can't confirm if I have tickets yet.

I have been charged for Dining Room, but don't have tickets in my hand.

Got checked for the first time ever walking through Gate 7. It didn’t raise any suspicions that I had to sort through 2 memberships to find my card though (I carry my partners)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back