AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was going to let my Gold Membership lapse, as I don't live in Australia anymore. Decided to keep it though -- as I'd prefer to pay the money than let any of the pea-brained Silver Membership snitches on this forum any closer to Gold.

This is daft logic.

It's like leaving your car in a parking spot for days accumulating fines just so someone else can't use it.

But I guess you showed them. :shrug:

This is daft logic.

It's like leaving your car in a parking spot for days accumulating fines just so someone else can't use it.

But I guess you showed them. :shrug:
Ahhh no, it's really not like that.

I just finished the membership survey. Somehow I don't think I'll win the free membership with my answer to the last question...
View attachment 764698

What did you think about the last page of questions about the 'suitable punishments' for being caught transferring your membership?

What did you think about the last page of questions about the 'suitable punishments' for being caught transferring your membership?
I thought it was interesting that they were asking us. I went with downgrade, then cancellation - was hoping for some sort corporal punishment option like "Get put in stocks out the front of Gate 6"

A while back someone said that photo memberships will be coming in for next season. Given that renewals are already happening and with the nature of the survey, I don't see this coming in. Even though I helped move a GF ticket to my Tigers supporting mate for cost price, I answered first offence = warning, 2nd = suspension for 1 year / remaining of the year. I'm fine with punishments, but they should actually do something that prevents it from being a thing.

Photo ID on membership cards, presented at ticket scan time for all entrants (or at least 33% are siphoned off for checking to avoid too much delay at gate but also serve as a good warning). That's if it really is a huge issue.

I also voted that for on-sell dates, both Gold and Silver members for the competing teams should have premium access first, then everyone else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A while back someone said that photo memberships will be coming in for next season. Given that renewals are already happening and with the nature of the survey, I don't see this coming in. Even though I helped move a GF ticket to my Tigers supporting mate for cost price, I answered first offence = warning, 2nd = suspension for 1 year / remaining of the year. I'm fine with punishments, but they should actually do something that prevents it from being a thing.

Photo ID on membership cards, presented at ticket scan time for all entrants (or at least 33% are siphoned off for checking to avoid too much delay at gate but also serve as a good warning). That's if it really is a huge issue.

I also voted that for on-sell dates, both Gold and Silver members for the competing teams should have premium access first, then everyone else.
I don't really see the point of warnings.
It just gives everyone a free pass to keep doing it knowing that if they eventually get caught all they get is a stern letter.

I'm all for photos too, think it would stop a lot from doing it.

I don't really see the point of warnings.
It just gives everyone a free pass to keep doing it knowing that if they eventually get caught all they get is a stern letter.

I'm all for photos too, think it would stop a lot from doing it.
Warnings mean nothing. What is the likelihood of being caught twice? Almost none. First penalty has to be substantial enough for people to be put off from doing it.

Photo ID's make complete sense.

In the survey, I griped about:
* Best seats on Level 2 and 3 have been given to Medallion Club and dining seat packages; and these can't be used by 'ordinary' AFL Members if they are not taken up during the game
* AFL Corporate partners are given seats in the AFL Members' Reserve whilst not being members
* Members of interstate (Non-Victorian) stadia have reciprocal rights to enter the AFL Members' Reserve; while Victorian based AFL Members have no such rights at those same interstate stadia
* Not enough is done to prevent or punish members who pass on memberships or on-sell tickets; and photo identification should be on membership cards
* The absentee membership scam carries on where members can opt out for minimal cost year-on-year while their team is crap and only jump back on board when their team is starting to get a sniff

In the survey, I griped about:
* Best seats on Level 2 and 3 have been given to Medallion Club and dining seat packages; and these can't be used by 'ordinary' AFL Members if they are not taken up during the game
* AFL Corporate partners are given seats in the AFL Members' Reserve whilst not being members
* Members of interstate (Non-Victorian) stadia have reciprocal rights to enter the AFL Members' Reserve; while Victorian based AFL Members have no such rights at those same interstate stadia
* Not enough is done to prevent or punish members who pass on memberships or on-sell tickets; and photo identification should be on membership cards
* The absentee membership scam carries on where members can opt out for minimal cost year-on-year while their team is crap and only jump back on board when their team is starting to get a sniff
I agree with the first four points. And would agree with the last point if this "scam" can be shown to be the only reason people go absentee. I know, for instance, that one year my father (who had been a member for almost three decades, though thick and thin for his club) went to just two matches because of his health was up-and-down and, more importantly, my mother had cancer. Knowing that the following year would be even worse for my mother, my father went absentee. I'm not comfortable having my father lumped in with those who are regarded as scamers.

Why is the AFL even selling memberships? Cannot believe the clubs allow this to happen.

How is Docklands allowed to even have Medallion club? I can’t believe clubs allow the MCC to still exist. Why does <insert something I don’t have or don’t like> allowed to be available to other people ?

How is Docklands allowed to even have Medallion club? I can’t believe clubs allow the MCC to still exist. Why does <insert something I don’t have or don’t like> allowed to be available to other people ?

Docklands/MCC not even comparable. Silly comment.

The AFL is the there to govern and assist the clubs succeed, not erode a clubs financial foundation by offering a competing product, and one that often outstrips what the clubs can offer.

To the people who have been upgraded this year, when did you join? Just trying to sus mine out. 10th year next year and I’m 4400 odd (minus whatever the increase is this year)

Hi All... taking a slight tangent.. I noticed the email regarding tickets to the cricket. Is anyone across whether you can walk up and get a seat wherever on the day (including boxing day) or do you have to reserve a seat? Levels 2 and 2A are out for boxing day but there are seats for any other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back