teknodeejay

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 14, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, Arsenal
Hi All... taking a slight tangent.. I noticed the email regarding tickets to the cricket. Is anyone across whether you can walk up and get a seat wherever on the day (including boxing day) or do you have to reserve a seat? Levels 2 and 2A are out for boxing day but there are seats for any other day.

I've only used it for ODI and T20, and even though I was allocated a seat, on the day I moved to wherever I wanted as it was all pretty open.

Sep 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
To the people who have been upgraded this year, when did you join? Just trying to sus mine out. 10th year next year and I’m 4400 odd (minus whatever the increase is this year)
Something like 900 were upgraded this year so you should move up by about that on your renewal notice.

It varies so much, in my last 2 years waiting (2014-15) I moved up 4500 spots. But over 2017-18 it moved less than a thousand.

milhouse1

All Australian
Jun 25, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
San Diego Padres
Hi All... taking a slight tangent.. I noticed the email regarding tickets to the cricket. Is anyone across whether you can walk up and get a seat wherever on the day (including boxing day) or do you have to reserve a seat? Levels 2 and 2A are out for boxing day but there are seats for any other day.

For cricket there is no walk up like in football (i.e. you always have to pay for entry to cricket). There should be plenty of tickets available in upper sections for any day- but as you mention limited to certain sections on boxing day- so you can certainly arrive on the day and buy tickets.

FootyNoobie

Debutant
Oct 4, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Quick question for anyone with Geelong nominated as their club: does an AFL membership give you GA access into Kardinia Park, or do you need an extra Cats membership on top of the AFL membership?

You do, see the AFL membership website:

cats.PNG

Adz

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Question in survey

What would you suggest as the appropriate penalty for a first offence where AFL members transfer their membership?
  • Warning
  • Short-term temporary suspension
  • Rest of season suspension
  • One-year downgrade of membership
  • Permanent downgrade
  • Cancellation

Adz

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Warning followed by year downgrade is plenty. Anyone who selects cancellation is a fool. Who do you think will be doing the checking?! The same genius security guards who were kicking people out for chanting. These idiots will consider you in breach because you don’t look like the person on the photo because you no longer have a beared. You’re just inviting trouble if you think cancellation won’t come with significant impacts elsewhere.

Last edited:

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
My point remains, why give people a chance at all? The amount of people caught is so minimal, that the likelihood of being caught twice is basically impossible.

If you do it during a grand final, you should be placed at the back of the silver waiting list. You know the risks of selling it for the grand final.

Adz

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
My point remains, why give people a chance at all? The amount of people caught is so minimal, that the likelihood of being caught twice is basically impossible.

If you do it during a grand final, you should be placed at the back of the silver waiting list. You know the risks of selling it for the grand final.
It’s a victimless ‘crime’. If a want to give it to my dying father to watch a game, who is that really hurting.

Your argument is akin to those who want to lock up those for using marijuana (ITS ILLEGAL!!) or have people lose their license for having drugs in their blood a month after taking it.

I agree with your point about GF and selling for profit but if it’s a Collingwood v freo game and I’m overseas that round why should it matter.The ability to transfer 3 times a year should be included. Like how the Medallion is transferrable.

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
It’s a victimless ‘crime’. If a want to give it to my dying father to watch a game, who is that really hurting.

Your argument is akin to those who want to lock up those for using marijuana (ITS ILLEGAL!!) or have people lose their license for having drugs in their blood a month after taking it.

I agree with your point about GF and selling for profit but if it’s a Collingwood v freo game and I’m overseas that round why should it matter.The ability to transfer 3 times a year should be included. Like how the Medallion is transferrable.
A warning for home and away games is fine. But clearly people are doing it for the grand final to make a profit. Why should they be given a warning?

As for the giving it to your dying father argument, playing on emotions like that isn't really fair. How many times are you going to give a ticket to a dying family member?

The transfer idea is a good one.

SpInNeR

All Australian
Sep 18, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Liverpool, Avalanche

Agree. Most of the people I know give it away at the price it says on the ticket. Not even factoring in fees and access cosys

Should 100% be transferable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

t0mmO

All Australian
Sep 10, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Gee that's a lot of money for gold. You're really needing to go to both prelims to get value over the silver membership.

Looks like renewals should be heading out soon. I checked my account and there's an unpaid invoice for 2020.
470 for silver next year.

Does it show it on the invoice? Checked mine but couldn’t see it

Feb 13, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Probably a longer wait for AFL gold members than MCC full member these days
Things that are still more recent than the current batch of new full MCC members:

Michael Tuck's last game
The Great Southern stand opening
Shane Warne's entire career.
The USSR disbanding
The dissolution of Apartheid laws in South Africa.

Last edited:

t0mmO

All Australian
Sep 10, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Things that are still more recent than the current batch of new full MCC members:
Michael Tuck's last game
The Great Southern stand opening
Shane Warne's entire career.
The USSR disbanding
The dissolution of Apartheid laws in South Africa.

Allan Border was still test captain
KB was still coach of Richmond
Dustin Fletcher won't debut for 2 more years
Freemantle, Port didn't exist yet
Fitzroy still played VFL
Berlin Wall hadn't fallen yet

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back