NetworkNerd

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
AFL Member so all clubs I guess.
Just got the emails. Me and the wife will be getting 300 bucks back each.

I still think absentee is the better option. Still get a few games assuming there will be crowds in Melbourne in 2021

any idea what the mid season event at Marvel is about ?
is it free piss ?
Fining people for breaking the stage 3 restrictions with a cut going to the AFL?

Jado

Draftee
May 23, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
Hi Everyone,
I elected to have my membership payments continue as normal this year. I am yet to receive any email regarding what value pack I am entitled too. Is anyone else in the same boat?

juggers

Debutant
Mar 22, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi Everyone,
I elected to have my membership payments continue as normal this year. I am yet to receive any email regarding what value pack I am entitled too. Is anyone else in the same boat?

I continued payments too but received the email for choosing the Value Pack on the 17th July.

Jigglypuff

Draftee
Aug 8, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hi Everyone,
Log in to AFL membership, there are options listed on the site and you should be able to select your pack from there

Ari

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 5, 2003
Pascoe Vale
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Ferrari
Have sent an email to the AFL asking for a membership refund. I was going to wear it for the better of the competition, but after being rooted by the umpires 3 out of the last 4 games I will take my cash back thanks AFL. Game is horrendous this year anyway. And the umpiring is a farce. Interstate umpiring every week, what is the point in even watching.

kriles76

Club Legend
Jul 16, 2003
37° 44′ 00″ S, 144° 51′ 59″ E
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Keilor Bowls Club
I elected to go absentee with our family of four yesterday. Wife and I are gold, kids are silver.

Was emailed a response asking me to make a choice for a refund above the minimum spend ($170 for adults and $85 for juniors); or use the proceeds to go towards 2021 fees.

I selected the latter so it's not too much of a kick in the **** for the AFL. To be honest, the terms offered by the AFL Membership team have been fair and reasonable IMHO.
An update - finally got a response from the AFL. Our contributions above the cap will be credited against our 2021 membership fees, so that’s all that can be done for 2020.

There was also the minor matter of having my 10 y.o. daughter’s membership fees refunded. Albeit there’s no family membership, they say they won’t charge younger siblings in the family provided the eldest’s fees are paid. They did, so a refund was due.

Jado

Draftee
May 23, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
Log in to AFL membership, there are options listed on the site and you should be able to select your pack from there
I logged on to the afl website but it said access denied when I tried to click on all the value packs to find out the information. Any other ideas? I am awaiting an email response.

dogbert

Senior List
Oct 5, 2004
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
I logged on to the afl website but it said access denied when I tried to click on all the value packs to find out the information. Any other ideas? I am awaiting an email response.

Once you've selected what you want to do with your 2021 membership, you'll need to wait a few days for an email saying your corresponding value pack has been unlocked. Then log back in and pick whatever option you'd prefer. That's how it worked for me.

Spider Eater

Importer/Exporter
Feb 23, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Liverpool
I finally received an email allowing me to choose a pack.
I can't seem to find the pack that gives me free parking at Marvel and Medallion Club seats to every game... I'll keep searching I guess.

random__hero

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Blackhawks, SF Giants, 49ers, Jazz
I saw the initial email about memberships when the season was suspended but never received a follow up asking me to make a choice.

I’m not gunna go absentee therefore my membership will ‘rollover’

I checked out the membership page earlier tonight to suss out the value packs but they were all locked.
As another poster mentioned above, they become unlocked after you’ve made your choice to not go absentee?

According to the FAQ’s, if you do nothing they’ll assume you don’t want a refund, so if I check back in a few days I’ll be able to choose a pack then?

Or maybe I should email them & confirm I don’t want a refund...

Spider Eater

Importer/Exporter
Feb 23, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Liverpool
I saw the initial email about memberships when the season was suspended but never received a follow up asking me to make a choice.

I’m not gunna go absentee therefore my membership will ‘rollover’

I checked out the membership page earlier tonight to suss out the value packs but they were all locked.
As another poster mentioned above, they become unlocked after you’ve made your choice to not go absentee?

According to the FAQ’s, if you do nothing they’ll assume you don’t want a refund, so if I check back in a few days I’ll be able to choose a pack then?

Or maybe I should email them & confirm I don’t want a refund...

I chose to Pay in full when clicking on the email with the options, after which I received an email saying thanks for choosing that option and I'd be sent an email with a link unlocking the value packs of a certain value... took a month or 2 before receiving the email and you have till September 30 to choose a value pack so I'd look back through your emails or give the department a call/email.

rfc4eva

Team Captain
May 29, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Once you've selected what you want to do with your 2021 membership, you'll need to wait a few days for an email saying your corresponding value pack has been unlocked. Then log back in and pick whatever option you'd prefer. That's how it worked for me.

How do you select what you want to do?

milhouse1

All Australian
Jun 25, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
San Diego Padres
How do you select what you want to do?
The link is in the email they sent back in May- email subject was " UPDATE: Your 2020 AFL Membership Options". Log in to your AFL membership page and click on the option you want.

I believe today is the last day to make a selection if you want to cancel or change to absentee

Oct 5, 2007
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Is it cynical to think they only confirmed the move of the GF the day after the cutoff? I mean it's been pretty obvious for ages it wasn't going to be in Melbourne but it seems to be more than mere coincidence.

I found that interesting too. Had been waiting off on making a decision, being that I’m Qld based but conveniently the announcement of where it’ll be fell just after.

Wonder if there will be any provisions for AFL members at the Gabba.

rfc4eva

Team Captain
May 29, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
chose to keep as is and keep getting this when i click on every option
1599063603247.png

dogbert

Senior List
Oct 5, 2004
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
chose to keep as is and keep getting this when i click on every option
1599063603247.png

You need to wait for an email that tells you it's been unlocked. Took me about 2-3 days to get it. Otherwise you can try checking back everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back