AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Year 7 this year and 12,000 in line
tenor.gif

Wondering if it’s too late to just go absentee ? Bugger trying to get to a game with the limited crowds on top of the usual shizen fight for tickets plus anymore lockdowns and it’s game over anyway.

Anyone received their 2021 member card yet? Not that l think it’ll be much use, can’t see crowds being much at all until the Covid vaccine gets moving through the population.

Heard a whisper the AFL were hoping for 75% capacity crowds prior to the latest Vic lockdown, personally I’d be surprised if it’s much over 30%.
Not yet. I did get an email on the 28th of Jan saying it was being prepared and due early March.

I’ve got a mate who is in the high 1300’s I can’t recall when he joined but it wasn’t long after me and my upgrade came in 2016. At 1300-1400, I wonder how far away he is? 2 years maybe?

I’ve got a mate who is in the high 1300’s I can’t recall when he joined but it wasn’t long after me and my upgrade came in 2016. At 1300-1400, I wonder how far away he is? 2 years maybe?

I'd say 3 maybe 4 if he's unlucky. But depends could get lucky and be only 2 if a lot of members drop off due to covid - doesn't seem to be the case so far though

Under the ticketing arrangements under discussion by clubs and the AFL, the members of home teams will be prioritised, then the “away” club’s members, and stadium members - such as MCC and AFL members - with general admission tickets only available once those other groups have had windows to gain seats.
If, for instance, the Victorian government allowed for first-round games to be at 50 per cent capacity for both the MCG and Marvel Stadium, then the Richmond-Carlton game would likely be broken down as follows: the MCC (capacity 22,700) would have a little over 11,000, the AFL members’ area (22,000), would be about 11,000, and there would be an estimated 2000 corporate tickets.

Sounds like there will be no priority for club support AFL Members for particular games. No word from AFL Membership yet about how its all going to work and season only a month away. They're happy to take our money already though...

So 60k AFL Members will be able to log on and snap up the 11k AFL Members tickets for ANZAC Day/Eve? Rich/Carl season opener?

I'll be spewing if there's no priority to home club team support members particularly for ANZAC Eve game. At the minimum it should be limited to Full Members with club support of the competing teams but preferably home team club support members get first dibs.

I'll be spewing if there's no priority to home club team support members particularly for ANZAC Eve game. At the minimum it should be limited to Full Members with club support of the competing teams but preferably home team club support members get first dibs.
Melbourne home game though, so you should be able to get through using the Melbourne GA part of your membership.

Sounds like there will be no priority for club support AFL Members for particular games. No word from AFL Membership yet about how its all going to work and season only a month away. They're happy to take our money already though...

So 60k AFL Members will be able to log on and snap up the 11k AFL Members tickets for ANZAC Day/Eve? Rich/Carl season opener?

Along with Club support they may also prioritise Gold and Silver, or whether you paid in full last year vs going absentee? Either way, for a game that would get ~90k there are going to be a lot of unhappy members no matter what they do

Along with Club support they may also prioritise Gold and Silver, or whether you paid in full last year vs going absentee? Either way, for a game that would get ~90k there are going to be a lot of unhappy members no matter what they do
Other games too anzac , qb , essen vs richmond , coll vs carl , coll vs richmond and reverse games , you would hope club support gold in afl got first dibs in front of any gold

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Other games too anzac , qb , essen vs richmond , coll vs carl , coll vs richmond and reverse games , you would hope club support gold in afl got first dibs in front of any gold

Exactly otherwise you'll see tickets up on eBay within minutes of them being sold out

Are we gonna have to book tickets even if it's a low drawing game? Will they charge us if otherwise we would have been able to scan and sit in the GA bays?

Are we gonna have to book tickets even if it's a low drawing game? Will they charge us if otherwise we would have been able to scan and sit in the GA bays?

Yeah I assume you'll have to book tickets with no booking fee for contact tracing and social distancing purposes

Spoke to a staff member from the AFL membership department and they suggested that the idea, ethos, marketability and purpose of AFL membership is so members can attend any game they want as opposed to strictly attending their own club games.

I took that to assuming that club supporters of their own club's game will not get any priority aside from the GF.

Surely tickets will go to supporting clubs. I understand full members get priority over silver. But if it’s Full Members get first dibs and there’s only 11k tickets then I can’t see how that is fair to silver members. We have all been starved of football , just 2021 should be competing clubs only, then hand out other tickets if all aren’t sold by competing clubs.

Surely tickets will go to supporting clubs. I understand full members get priority over silver. But if it’s Full Members get first dibs and there’s only 11k tickets then I can’t see how that is fair to silver members. We have all been starved of football , just 2021 should be competing clubs only, then hand out other tickets if all aren’t sold by competing clubs.

laughing-like-a-king-homer-simpson.gif

They only break from that Ethos for Grand finals. It's likely Full Members will be given no special treatment.

Don't forget - there are plenty of AFL Members who support interstate sides but reside in Melbourne
Not much value for them if they only have a handful of Melbourne games their team is involved in - as their only option to get to the football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back